Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BPM @ Donnington (UK) Who's Going? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
TearEmUp wrote :
Well sod it...where is Jimmy's red shirt?...

LMAO!!!!!!!

Posted Sat 18 Oct 08 @ 11:39 am
Been there..
Seen all...

Bought a Slappa cd case...

Spent about 150 quid at promoonly

saw the mixmeister seminar, was gonna heckle, but i wanted to go and spend my cash

Posted Sun 19 Oct 08 @ 5:59 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I didn't make it out of bed until it was too late!

Posted Sun 19 Oct 08 @ 9:21 pm
Enjoyed the show but didn't spot any VDJ folk. Sadly didn't see any VDJ in use at the show either.

Maybe we should do something about that.

Bought one of those Kam 3D star cluster lasers and used it last night. Really looks good with 2 impossibleds too. Big spots and small spots doing their thing. Fantastic with a bit of haze or even without.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 08 @ 5:56 am
>> Just some of my own thoughts, and not the opinions of Virtual DJ Staff. <<

Ive never seen an advert for Virtual Dj, but yet 99% of the DJs i know are using it.

If Virtual Dj were to come to BPM trade show, how do you think they should prommote their product?

you cant buy it in a box - its sold by download.
-- however, they could make a special discount for people who saw them at the trade show, and give out a code to give a discount on the purchase of VDJ.

you need your own hardware to use with it - virtual DJ dont make the laptops / contollers.

They could give out a free USB memory stick with the demo of virtual dj on it, ready to run from the pen-stick. then once the trial expires, have a discounted purchase that unlocks the program. (if the program detects tempering, it formats the memory stick, and a visit to the website is needed to resurrect the program)

they could however have the main guys who founded Virtual DJ, showing off their setups, showing how the program benefits them in their performance..

it would have been good to more hardwere at the show capable of playing music video.
This is something Virtual DJ CAN do, and is very good at it.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 08 @ 9:19 pm
Some great ideas there MarkM

I just noticed as I went round the show that I saw Serato on a lot of laptops and also Traktor. I would have just liked a little bit of exposure for VDJ too.

I guess that Numark would have been showing Cue but I didn't see it on their stand. I was too busy looking at the NS7 controller, but I think it's way too expensive for me.

I thought the best music played at the show was from the guys from community radio who were outside.

A

Posted Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 3:54 am
i think the pioneer mep-7000 system looks promising.

the controller can control virtual dj..
.. can play its own mp3s
.. can play karaoke and output to composite monitor

would be great if they could enable full dvd capability on it.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 8:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)