Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: can't get rid of skips - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys
I've read the articles on this page with interest.
I am having simular, but slightly different problems and I'm baffled, I will try that latency checker but my problem is..
I'm using VDJ 5.1 on a fujitsu siemens laptop. when I play VDJ at home through my HIFI, it works fine, but as soon as I connect it to a sound system in a pub, it freezes intermitantly for a second at a time. I've upgraded my RAM recently and tried an external sound card but its still the same. Its so annoying because when I try something different, I cant really test it out until I'm in the pub and then I find that nothing has changed and I'm back to a full night of freezing.
Please help?

Posted Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 4:12 am
You should post which sound card you are using. You cant just use any sound card from Best Buy or Micro Center for this type of application and expect smooth sailing. You need a professional grade sound card like an m-audio Fast Track Pro, Numark DJIO, or USB mixer... with ASIO support.

I am still trying to tackle my pops. I have run the latency chcker and got everything into the yellow and says I can stream audio, but once in a while I will get a pop or snap in my sound. I recorded a new promo CD last night and have out of the 65 minutes about 4 pops... and so I am going to have to record as I do not want that on my CD and potential client and promoters assume my performance will be loaded with that. I also sometimes get pops when i use an effect... normally just the first time I use it, and then dont get repeats?

So if I have disabled everything imaginable, still have latency in the yellow, and have the latest drivers and such... what should I do?

I have the following:
Numark DJIO connected to a Numark PPD9000 mixer and using Windows Vista 32 bit 2.8.9 driver
Numark DMC2
Numark Cue - version is 5.2.1 PRO
Laptop is a HP G60 Duo Core T4200 @ 2.00 GHz, 3gb RAM, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, and the windows experience index is 3.8, which is pretty high.

I previously had a Gateway NX570 Duo Core 1.8 and 2GB RAM and it never had pops or crackles... and i never had to run Lat Checker to disable hardware. I installed same version and drivers... so I am inclined to point at the laptop and not the versions.

Somethings I have not tried:
Different USB Ports
Different USB Cables
moved mixer channels
mess with latency, and performance, etc... not using ultra latency...

Somethings I have tried:
replaced RCA Cables
reload software and drivers

One other thing... I just went through the 5.0 manual (which btw does not completely match with version 5.2.1's options tab) Can anyone give better examples of what some of the performance tab values mean and what would be recommended? One thing I noticed was my latency was set to 11ms instead of Auto. I pushed the slider to the closest to QUALITY without going all the way to QUALITY. I then over rode the latency from 11ms to AUTO. I read that some sound cards do not like having that set for them. I also had safe mode checked... and although it says it does not affect ASIO usage, I unchecked it.

Anything else any experts can think of or correct me on?

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 10:43 pm
can somebody post me a driver for my iobox for v.v. i just upgraded to a new laptop running windows 7 and i cant seem to get my interface to reconize. It says driver not reconized or is there anoter version i should dl for windows 7

Posted Sat 03 Apr 10 @ 3:24 pm
furnace1ControlleristMember since 2010
Last night while doing a party I had the pleasure of not 1 But 4 crash incidents where I had to re-start the whole laptop. It was almost to the point to where it went down every other song. Below is the crash gaurd report & laptop specs

Crash ID=00483555 (date=1007102104, version=5.2.2 DJConsole, build=522, thread=Main, dump=66833800, excode=c0000005 (0,8350868))

Sony Vaio VGN-NW310F/T

◦Dual Core T4400 2.2Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache, 800Mhz FSB
◦4096MB RAM (2x2GB) @800Mhz.
◦320GB HDD SATA @5400rpm
◦DVD+/-RW Double Layer
◦Intel GMA 4500MHD up to 1759MB VGA
◦Webcam
◦Intel Wireless 5100 AGN
◦Integrated 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet
◦15.5" WXGA (1366 x 768)
◦Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

Ports/slots
◦3 USB 2.0
◦1 RJ- 45
◦1 S400
◦1 VGA out
◦1 Reader SD,MMC,MS,MS Pro
◦1 Express Card /34

Posted Sun 11 Jul 10 @ 12:16 pm
I've also gone thru trial and error with my share of audio glitches., But the 1 thing I noticed right away that solved the problem was simply disabling the video card temporarily when your running Virtual Dj. Yu will have to disable it 1st before running VDJ and let the laptop re-boot. After re-booting, run VDj and see if that solves the problem with your laptop. Good Luck!

P.s...the audio glitches only happened when I used soundcards with timecodes running VDJ....until I figured the temporary disabling video driver fix!

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 11:38 pm
dell inspiron 1521, 2.0 gig memory, AMD Turion 64 X 2 Mobile Technology TL-60 (2 gHz)

[/quote]

You have minimun memory 2.0G you should at least upgrade to 6 or 8 (whichever is supported) . Had a dell with Win 7 2.0 gig of memoryand experienced the same issue . Once i upgraded the memory i did see a difference.

Posted Fri 17 May 13 @ 1:54 pm
The last post in this topic was over two years ago and the topic itself is from 2009, so the user has most likely resolved their issue by now!

[Old topic closed]

Posted Fri 17 May 13 @ 5:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)