Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems with Hercules Rmx firmware(?)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought a Hercules DJ RMX console
I tried to connect it to my Macs (iMac CoreDuo 2GHz 2 GB RAM and iBook G4 1.25GHz 1 GB RAM) without installing the drivers first.
I've managed to output the sound through the console (I could control the Monitor (Cue/Mix) and the headset volume) but I could not control the sounds through the console (Fader, Pitch, Sources, etc.)
I tried the unit with Vitual DJ 5 LE, Ableton and Traktor

So, I've decided to install the drivers that I downloaded from Hercules Website, since they were more recent then the ones provided on the CD-ROM.

Here is were my problem begins.
Once I've installed the drivers, the console could not be detected anymore. Lights were flashing and nothing showed up on the Audio Midi Setup application nor in the softwares listed above.
I think something might be screwed-up the unit Firware or my OS drivers and possibly some Midi extensions, since I got that weird message "Check other applications using Timer or Midi (code 0)" when I tried to open softwares that are using Midi (unsuccessfully). then I tried to installed the drivers from 2 different PCs (both XP Pro, SP2).
No Luck. The console is still not recognized as an audio device (only as a generic USB device).

Is there any way I could check/validate/uninstall or best, reinstall the firmware on the USB device? Or is the unit wacked?

Any tips is really appreciated. Thanks you so much

Posted Wed 18 Jun 08 @ 11:06 am
I guess is your console, I installed on an imac 8.1 and on windows vista with the newest drivers and the console works the only problem with the mac is the database.

Posted Wed 18 Jun 08 @ 8:10 pm
thanks.
at this point, it really looks like the console is wacked, since I tried to flash the FW a few times already on both Mac and PC and can't even get to the point where I could select the firmware to install.... grrrrrr

Posted Thu 19 Jun 08 @ 3:29 pm
Just an update.
I got the unit replaced.

The new one is working like a charm (same systems, same drivers).
So, to all the next new buyers on the HERCULES DJ CONSOLE RMX on Mac, please, don't take any chances, INSTALL THE DRIVERS AND FIRMWARE UPDATE FIRST. If that still do not work, or you still can't use the manual update trick, you probably have a faulty unit. I guess it goes for Windows users as well...

Thanks everybody

B.T.W. I now have the firmware flashing procedure for both Mac and Windows and a bit of experience, so I guess everything is not lost! ;)

Posted Thu 19 Jun 08 @ 7:30 pm
Hi I have the same trouble with my rmx on my mac. I already changed it once. Now the technical support tells me to install it on a PC. After trying their procedure, the installation wizard aks for pluging the console. It is not recognized.

morespace54, can you tell me where i coul find the procedures to install the firmware ?

Posted Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 4:59 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 5:19 am
Just an update.
I got the unit replaced.

The new one is working like a charm (same systems, same drivers).
So, to all the next new buyers on the HERCULES DJ CONSOLE RMX on Mac, please, don't take any chances, INSTALL THE DRIVERS AND FIRMWARE UPDATE FIRST. If that still do not work, or you still can't use the manual update trick, you probably have a faulty unit. I guess it goes for Windows users as well...

Thanks everybody

B.T.W. I now have the firmware flashing procedure for both Mac and Windows and a bit of experience, so I guess everything is not lost! ;)

Can you please tell me how to flash the RMX?

Posted Thu 25 Dec 08 @ 1:40 pm
Morespace,

It seems that I am having the same problem with my unit (i.e. flashing lights and all). It seemed to work fine for a few months and then one day it would not load up and the lights continuously kept flashing. I've tried to reinstall the drivers but it will not finish the installation. Hercules RMX and RMX Bulk install correctly but ASIO and MIDI are never even recognized and so the installation never completes. I'm wondering if you could share your firmware flash procedures as this sounds like the solution that I may need.

Thanks

Posted Sat 31 Jan 09 @ 1:33 pm

Posted Sat 31 Jan 09 @ 3:57 pm
If there is any question, u can ask me here...All the best;)

Posted Sat 31 Jan 09 @ 3:57 pm
nancybPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi...There is no talkover button the RMX. Any idea where I can get instructions to reflash firmware on the rmx?
Thanks,
DJ Nancy B

Posted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 11:08 am
ncccocoHome userMember since 2009
Hi spinnaj,

I'm really looking for that firmware updater too, I have the mk2, but while I was trying to set it up on my mac, i must have messed up the updating process - result being the drivers must be badly installed. the link you've posted is dead, is there any way to get it up again?

cheers

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 7:45 am
Hi nccocco, sorry on this as my link is for licensed user to see.

But as you have the mk2, do register your serial and you may see the link;)

Kind regards;)

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 1:28 pm
I have a problem with Hercules Rmx!!!! i plug it into the pc and it doesnt even blink. the mic on/off button lights up and thats it. doesnt reposnd, nor does it show or apear to have a problem in device manager. this realy sucks. have had problems and worked around it, n now i dont know how to get thru or around this one. one day it was working fine, the next it just stopped working. Can any1 perhaps indicate or knw, wat the problem is or maybe.

Posted Fri 20 Aug 10 @ 10:33 am
jd0gg
solved the problem?

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 7:06 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
KristoffersonBispo wrote :
jd0gg
solved the problem?

Try to uninstall the hercules firmware, then use this link step by step... http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=files_faq your mapper will be save in VDJ-7 or 8 with the mac the RMX's /trim 4&6 should work smooth with the MAC's

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 12:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)