Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX fader feel (latency) - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
cioce wrote :

It's a Virtual DJ problem and I beleive it will be fixed in next Virtual DJ 5.2

This was made by a VIP and a very knowledgeable member, he was one of the first to tested the RMX with VirtualDJ.

So this Issue will be addressed :)

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 11:20 am

Posted Sat 05 Jul 08 @ 2:59 pm
WirelessDJ wrote :

One thing I have noticed is that when I set the control panel to ASIO but when I launch VirtaulDJ, it switches back to WDM??

*From your post*

I noticed this, and this is what I do to Keep it in Asio mode, Open The RMX control panel select Asio mode, it then opens the Asio setting's up.

Leave the control panel open and launch VirtualDJ on top of it. This should keep the RMX in Asio mode, I know this as I always run in Asio mode and if it went back to WDM I would get the pops and crackles but I don't get any, then you either keep the control panel open or miminalze it, but don't close it.

If you go back the RMX control panel the Asio are closed to you but it's still in asio mode. Anyway of to my gig now.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 08 @ 3:17 pm
I am confused. Am we using ASIO or WDM? Maybe the problem is that VDJ is USING WDM instead of ASIO?? in VDJ, I selected the sound card with the hercules RMX icon. Yet I have no options to change ASIO latency inside VDJ.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 08 @ 7:01 pm
WirelessDJ wrote :
Yet I have no options to change ASIO latency inside VDJ.

That's right, I don't think you can, unless you are using Timecode, then the option is there. If you keep the RMX control panel open when VirtualDJ is launch, and as long as the Asio dot is clear (not black) in the Asio tab of the RMX control panel, you are in Asio mode, (Yes it's abit silly if you ask me).

Posted Mon 07 Jul 08 @ 1:13 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Here's a little easier way, set up the RMX to use time codes in the control panel of VDJ for sound card. Then turn off the time codes on the main screen next to the spinning records. The you have ASIO mode w/o timecodes.

Posted Sat 12 Jul 08 @ 10:39 am
I have installed VDJ 5.2 last night, the fader now works. No more sound bleeding through. Not just moving against the "wall" but it doesnt seem to lag behind anymore.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 8:35 am
clintdPRO InfinityMember since 2008
yk23 wrote :
I have installed VDJ 5.2 last night, the fader now works. No more sound bleeding through. Not just moving against the "wall" but it doesnt seem to lag behind anymore.

I've had the same issues with the cross-fader not going over all the way and the volume faders not going down all the way. I started tapping the cross fader over once it was like a 1/4" from the side I was fading to and that seemed to fix the issue for the most part. I had installed 5.2 a few days ago but really didn't mess with it much b/c I uninstalled it due to the button mapping issue.

So you think the latency issue has been fixed with 5.2? I'm going to re-install it and see what kind of latency results I get.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 1:33 am
Ok I just loaded 5.2 back on and the latency is WAY better. I put the cross fader in scratch mode and was playing around trying (and I would like to emphasize TRYING) to do some transforms and the response was really good. The only problem I see now is that while the cross fader is in scratch mode you have to move the cross fader 1/4" before the fader in VDJ will move!

yk23: Does the cross fader do this on yours? I can literally nudge it over a full 1/4" before the cross fader in VDJ moves.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 2:49 am
That went away on Vista. On WinXP- (differnt hard drive/same system), it seemed to be worse. Also the fader not moving all the way to the right or left came back. I clean installed VDJ after using the registry cleaner, same issue. So either its still not fixed or my fader is going out.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 7:48 pm
I noticed it doesn't matter what mode the cross-fader is set on there is still ~ .25 inch gap on each side that is completely unresponsive as I start fading to the other track. It's like the software mapping with the RMX's cross-fader is off. Like VDJ thinks the RMX cross fader is smaller than it really is.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 1:36 pm
I think that this is a built-in null zone.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 9:24 pm
discjockeydoc wrote :

Yep, maybe that's just how it is.

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 12:40 am
discjockeydoc wrote :

What would be the purpose of a built in "null zone?"

Why do y'all think that it may not be fixable? Is this a common issue with all (or most) controllers?

I opened up a ticket with tech support about it so hopefully there is (or will be) some solution. It's not exactly a show stopper but it does make it a little more difficult if you're wanting to scratch.

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 1:19 am
I'm sorry; I think I may have given you the wrong idea. When I referred to a "built-in null zone," I wasn't indicating that it was in the software, but rather, the hardware of the controller. Further, Windows treats these controllers as if they were gaming devices. I've been using the MK2 for over two years, during which I had it replaced because of an unrelated issue, and the crossfader behaves exactly the same way as the original. I believe Jimmy B will probably chime in here as well; he's had the MK2 also, and now the RMX, and indicated that they have the same "feel" in testing. Let us know how you make out with your tech support ticket though.

In terms of scratching with these Hercules products, with a little practice, you can get some really great results, especially given that the jogs are not touch-sensitive. Once you get your setup right and have a decent latency (I think mine is around 2 ms in ASIO), you'll soon forget about the crossfader issue as you become accustomed to its idiosyncrasies. Good luck, and have fun ;)

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 7:34 pm
discjockeydoc wrote :
the same way as the original. I believe Jimmy B will probably chime in here as well; he's had the MK2 also, and now the RMX, and indicated that they have the same "feel" in testing.

Yes this is true, there is a far millimetres of free play in then, maybe it's a slight design fault that in these consoles and this has been carried on to the RMX. I have mine for about a month now and been testing it and what ever you do you can not get rid of this free movement. I don't scratch so it's not really a issue for me, I play House and dance music.

But you have to remember that these consoles and the crossfaders on them are not really designed for scratching, Yes they can scratch, but they are not built as a scratching mixer.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 1:03 am
I probably would have never noticed it if I hadn't been playing around with some scratching. Scratching was not my primary reason for purchasing the RMX so as I mentioned, not a show stopper. I play mostly breakbeat and some rap and hip-hop and I am able to mix just fine with those. I noticed my tech support ticket on this had not been read yet. I opened it Monday.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 1:20 pm
sup djs,

I was wondering why does vdj glitch when I configure my rmx controller to 44100 16 bit, when it doesn't on the 48000 settings. I'd have said it was only y laptop, but I used to run with the mk2 and it responded the same way...any ideas?

Posted Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 8:45 am
I just wanted to know if anyone knew if I could buy time coded vinyls and a couple of turntable and connect straight to my rmx will I be able to control vdj using the turntables

Posted Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 10:12 am
aledjoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am having a problem with the fader. Sometimes when mixing a song, if I move the fader all the way over to the left or right, the music still bleeds through from the other side. You can see in VDJ the fader is 9/10ths of the way over. After a while I noticed the volume sliders do the same thing. If I turn it down, I can still hear music. This happens about 1 out of 10 times moving the fader. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

i have same problem with hercules rmx + drivers2009 + vdj5.2.1 pro!!

what is wrong???

Posted Mon 04 May 09 @ 9:02 pm
93%