Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RMX HERCULES + VCDJ LE - ERROR IN THE SOUND DRIVER - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

isrortPRO InfinityMember since 2009
perfect... one more question ...

As i said... i'm evaluating the SW and its compatibility with another HWs like MIDIs and Audio Interface...

I had chosen to buy the rmx since the sensitive plates of vci-100 and vci-300 weren't fixed. But now, with the new VDJ version (6.0.2) i have understood that is supported... so the only little thing that i have to ensure is if the VCi-100 or the VCI-300 runs with snow leopard... and if i choose vci-100 i was thinking to buy the echo audiofire 4 in order to cue.. so... again.. will the echo audiofire 4 run with snow leopard?

i submitted this help to the manufactures support and no answers at all....

thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge

PS whats a firmware?

Posted Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 2:10 pm
I had success choosing the following options with the MK2 console.

Input- None
Output- Headphones
Sound Cards- Four Card Out
Driver 1- Hercules DJ Console MK2

Output Channels: 1&2 Master; 3&4 Headphones

Best of Luck

Posted Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 5:07 pm
Hi Guys,

I got the RMX console and up until now I used it with the VDJ LE version. A couple of days ago I tried to fire up VDJ LE and I got this message ERROR IN THE SOUND DRIVER.
The program recognizes the device as a midi controller, but when you hit the play button nothing happens and no audio comes out from the RMX.
Unfortunately, activating the PRO version DEMO of VDJ never worked on my macbook intel core 2 duo, with Leopard 10.5.3 and 2 GB of RAM.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, got the latest drivers from Hercules tech support, etc, still same message "Error in the Sound Driver".

My Mac and every other application I work with sees the RMX as an audio device and works perfect both as a midi controller and as an audio device.
So the problem lies within the VDJ software and the communication with the RMX.

Help please!!!!!!!!

did you find an answer yet?

Posted Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 4:53 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
You may want to try "unsinstalling" Virtual DJ and start anew. Delete the following files:

- the Virtual DJ program in Applications

- the Virtual DJ folder in Documents

- the file com.Atomixproductions(...).plist in user/library/Preferences

Empty the recycling bin then reinstall.

Posted Fri 01 Oct 10 @ 11:32 am
I usually have the same problem if I've disconnected/reconnected the RMX at some point... In either case I click the Configuration ("Config.") and hit "Apply"...
It seems to work around the problem when I get that Error Message. I also found it "best" to do a restart whenever I connect/disconnect the RMX.

When the RMX is connected, this is my "Sound Setup" in the Configuration settings:

Inputs: None

Outputs: Headphones (drop down:) Master: Chan 1&2 / Headphones : Chan 3&4

Sound card: DJCONSOLE RMX (checked:) Apply Eq on external inputs

hope this can help ya :) DjEddieKay

Posted Sat 02 Oct 10 @ 12:23 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
@ djeddiekay:

unfortunately, the audio configuration page is not available in the LE version since it can only use the Rmx soundcard.

Posted Mon 04 Oct 10 @ 6:27 am
Picooo_Home userMember since 2011
Ik heb ook het probleem met ERROR SOUND DRIVER

Ik had dit probleem zoveel dagen na aankoop, zoals veel mensen zo te zien... nadien heb ik geupgraded tot pro versie en daarna mijn sound card veranderd in de opties en alles werkte perfect.

Probleem nu, na de 20 proefdagen ben ik nu weer op de LE VERSION en nu geraak ik niet meer op dat configuratiescherm, hoe los ik dit in gods naam op ? Ik blijf deze ERROR SOUND DRIVER hebben en mijn kop barst van al het proberen.

Tevens, ik heb een macbook white.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 1:55 pm
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only. Please either post your message again in English or post in the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 2:59 pm
Had same problem, fixed it by:

Go to preferences in Virtual DJ

In preferences, click on "sound" in the upper bar.

Set:

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Sound Cards: 2 Cards

Driver 1: Hercules DJ Console RMX
Driver 2: Built-In Output

Output Channels:

Master: Second card / headphones: first card

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 4:36 pm

Posted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 5:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)