Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules RMX Mapper ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi!
How it`s about a mapper for the RMX!!
In the manual of the console stands i can download at the hercules homepage but i could not find it there??
Does anybody know anything????

Posted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 2:13 pm
i rea that too but no go on there site. I started to map my keys the old fashion way. Hope one will be developed soon. I olny needed to change a few key to suit me.

Posted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 9:12 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
All mappers are created by users as you guys know. Why not you two join forces and work on one together? I am sure it would be greatly appreciated, and give you a leg up.......just a thought...T

Posted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 9:27 pm
(Just a thought...T " ) not all user`s are computer spezialist`s or have the time for it!!!:-(
So let`s see who is helping us out :-)

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 5:18 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Okay - now I am confused. I thought that there was native support in VDJ for the new Hercules Rmx console? In the advertisement for the console, there's a "VDJ" picture/symbol. I think that I have also read in the press releases that it integrates perfectly with VDJ. And, now you are saying that there is NO native support, nor a mapper?

Seriously - I really don't think that VDJ should be advertising along with them if there's no native help here. If I purchase a $350 unit, I shouldn't have to spend hours trying to make it work the way it's intended to work. Plug and play is where is should be at. I could understand if there was no association between this unit and VDJ....but come on....there totally is a marketing thing going on there, and there should be a mapper or some kind of support at least.

...And it should be now - at least with a mapper - since the unit is for sale....and there's no telling when 5.1 may come out.

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 7:42 am
It's my understanding support is already native in 5.0r7, meaning it's pre mapped, guess I'll find out tomorrow when mine gets here. Creating a custom mapper is a seperate issue, but I'm sure it'll be around soon enough;^]

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 8:11 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
kkorpos

definetly plug and play, just install drivers, takes a couple of minutes and away you go, only thing i don't like about the unit not all buttons are back lit which is a bit of a bugger when your in low light situations and your still getting used to it, plus having fading eyes don't help either... other than that nice little unit.

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 8:35 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok - I was confused when I started hearing people talk about a mapper? I guess I didn't have the whole story.

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 9:24 am
bpdj3PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok this probably a dumb question. But will the RMX run videos and karaoke like the Mk2 mixer?

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 10:42 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
pmel22_99 wrote :
Ok this probably a dumb question. But will the RMX run videos and karaoke like the Mk2 mixer?

It should, it is basically a beefed up heavy duty version of the MKII.

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 11:21 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I'm going to start a customized mapper for RMX soon ;-)

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 3:43 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
djcel wrote :
I'm going to start a customized mapper for RMX soon ;-)

That is good news, guess you got RMX console?

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 7:24 pm
bpdj3PRO InfinityMember since 2007
cool, the sooner the better..

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 7:35 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
The buttons 6+6 can be already mappable with all the possible VDJ shortcuts, I hope an off-line mapper will be available soon ;)

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 4:17 am
Great news :-) Love you CEL.............................:-)

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 4:47 am
cioce wrote :
The buttons 6+6 can be already mappable with all the possible VDJ shortcuts, I hope an off-line mapper will be available soon ;)

Well if you call the selections in the menu that where programed great then yea, but if you want to map a "Echo out", a "Loop" (mk2 feature) or mapping the button for a "Hot cue"(Mk2 feature) then your out of luck.

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 4:51 am
You can map buttons 1-6 on each deck. Just go into config+Remote Control, right select over the MK2 . Pretty week I say but I do not want to map the sound effects, I want to map the Video effects.

MAPPER SOON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 2:51 pm
From what I've found...if you disable RMX from the Remote control list and enable MIDI, you can program everything. Problem is you have to program everything. :p I'll save my MIDI file once I get everything mapped and post it.

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 8:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)