Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX Sound Problem - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

leenoHome userMember since 2008
Got my RMX yesterday, went to set it up and after installing the drivers I have no sound. Seem like it has messed up the drivers on the computer as I have no sound from anything.

Can anyone advice if I did anything wrong and how to get the sound back and keep it?

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 6:44 am
Hi Leeno,

Is your operating system Microsoft Windows or Mac OS?
Are you using VirtualDJ 5 DJC Edition or another software or another version of VirtualDJ?

When you install a USB sound board (as DJ Console Rmx) on your computer in Windows, this last usb sound board becomes the default sound board, so the default audio output for your computer should be DJ Console Rmx output 1-2.

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 8:29 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
You can try a system restore, that might bring the sound back from your default devices at least.

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 8:30 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
When you say you have no sound, what do you mean exactly ?

- No sound comes out of the Rmx when using VDJ ?
- No sound comes out of the Rmx when using another application ( Winamp for example)?
- No sound comes out of your computer soundcard ?

A few things you have to remember ( or learn if you didn't):

- The included version of VDJ exclusively uses the Rmx soundcard, so you need to connect your speakers to to it. The full version of VDJ allows the selection of a particular soundcard.

- When connecting the Rmx ( or any DJ Console or USB soundcard for that matter) to the computer, it will become the default soundcard of the system. If you want to continu using your computer's soundcard, make sure to select it in Windows Audio Properties.

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 8:33 am
Right, home now so can have a play.

Changed default soundcard back to the original one on the PC so have sound from computer now.

I'm still not getting output sound from the RMX. I can cue up through the headphones but no output sound.

I'm using the standard VDJ that came with the unit.

So are u saying I have to connect speakers to the actuall unit as it wont work with the PC speakers?

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 12:47 pm
Can anyone confirm if you NEED to plug speakers into the unit or can you just plug into PC and play ?

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 1:36 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Like I said, the bundle version of VDJ uses the Rmx's soundcard, so yes, you need to connect your speakers to the console.

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 8:34 am
Great! They didn't tell me that!

There I was trying every setting for 2 days!

Can I get some kind of adapter to plug my PC speakers into it? The speakers are 3.5mm jack and the conections in the unit are phono x2

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 11:24 am
If your speakers cable is attached to the speakers you'll need a female single 1/8" to dual stereo RCA male cable, if your speakers input is 1/8" socket (female plug) you'll need a stereo single 1/8" male to dual RCA male connector. Either way they're not hard to find nor are they very expensive;^]

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 12:06 pm
Cheers. Think i'll have to have alook round Maplins!

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 2:41 pm
Got it going in the end, thanks for your help!

I found the volume to be pretty low on it though with just PC speakers. I will probably link it to my stereo system at some point though.

Pretty impressed with it so far.

So if I buy the pro version I can play straight off the PC without changing over the speakers?

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 2:40 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
leeno wrote :

I found the volume to be pretty low on it though with just PC speakers. I will probably link it to my stereo system at some point though.

That's what I do, play though my amp on my home stereo. I found the music sounds much more clearer and better than PC speakers. Just choice a spare input (Aux input for me) on the back of your amp.

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 6:52 am
Tried linking it to my stereo system but the volume and sound is really low.

I must have this thing set up wrong or something as it is almost useless.

Anyone got any idea's what I might be doing wrong?

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 10:31 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
What are the volume level set at on your skin?? For both the Mains and each Channel....

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 10:42 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I don't know what the RMX system tray (control panel) is like,

but with the mk2's, when it is open it up you have 2 sliders you have to move up, to get louder sound.

Maybe it is something like that?

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 10:57 am
Yep there at full volume.

On a few thread on here it says go to settings. I can't find any settings on VDJ apart from the icon in the system tray!?

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 11:10 am
I installed the trial version of VDJ and now I see sound settings. Can you not chane any of this with the version that come with it?

Also everytime I turn my PC on it says New hardware found, please install ! Grrrrrrrr

Think i'll get my money back.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 12:04 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You are limted to using the RMX or one soundcard in this version.

Are you changing the usb port? if so it will reinstall.

Ensure you have the latest driver and if you are still having a problem contact hercules as it is a hardware issue not a VDJ issue.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 2:40 pm
I'm getting a driver problem now. All sorts of problems.

I'm sure I didn't see all them sound settings with the home edition though. How do I go back to the home edition and not use this free trial ?

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 4:47 pm
Hi I have Hercules RMX with a HP Pavilion. The issue is that when connecting and using the RMX soundcard, i had some noise, like popcorn noise on speaker. When connecting the auido thru the PC mini jack, everything sounds OK.
I used the RMX on another PC (Vaio) and have no problem with the USB. I had the hercules to a MIXER, but if using the PC sound card, i loose the headphone monitoring capability and also the feader of both dishes of the RMX.
The HP PC used to had VIsta, and I upgrade to Win 7 to verify if the problem was fiz, but no luck.
Any alternative for me?
Joseph, PR

Posted Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 1:40 am
74%