Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules rmx performances setup - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have just tested the settings cioce suggested and all is good.

Posted Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 3:52 pm
unimadHome userMember since 2008
I purchased my Hercules RMX last week and tried it for a few days. After reading all these posts, I felt I had to share my opinion as well. Please find it here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/87918/Hardware_Technical_Support/Hercules_RMX_-_Not_so_Hot_.html?page=1.

From the moment I started I was not satisfied with the sound. I thought I could hear some distortion at some point. When I was sure, I wouldn't bother my neighbors, I pumped up the volume and indeed I noticed a lot of distortion at some points !!! :-(
I tried to figure out why this was happening and I found that the distortion was actually happening when I was loading a song on either decks for preview.
I checked the Performance of the system (from Task Manager) and saw that the Memory usage was quite low, but the CPU usage was quite high. CPU would actually peak at around 80% when loading a song and then gradually drop. However, the distortion would happen not at the peak of the CPU, but when it was dropping down ?!? I tried to load the CPU even more, by constantly playing songs while loading them, applying effects, looping etc. and every time the sound would get distorted when CPU was dropping to it's normal.

I also disconnected the Hercules RMX (and thus unloaded the ASIO driver) and made several attempts with just virtualDJ running and no matter how much I would push the CPU I couldn't bring it to more than 52% and no distortion at all.

I would say that there should be some problem with the driver, as my laptop is on the high end (2GB MEM, Intel Dual Core 2.16GHz -- so no performance issues on this side) plus I did not have the same problem when testing the Numark TC (right out of the box with no configuration changes, etc.) a couple of weeks earlier.

I did not have time to play around with settings, etc. but the way it is right now, basically makes the system unusable.
Fortunately I did not rush to buy the full version of virtualDJ and I am still using the trial version 5.07. I just returned the unit to the shop and will wait until there is some kind of resolution. I the meantime, I'm flirting with some other solutions, like the vexta 300 + serato ICHT (I know, much more expensive, but I like the idea that one is made for each other and that the main load is put on the unit, rather on the software, which is kept pretty simple) or a pure hardware solution like the cortex -600. Does anyone have any opinion about these two or anything else ?

For the people who are asking where to get the Hercules RMX, there are quite a few online and retail stores, at least in Germany where I reside.

Like I said (in my post), I like the Hercules RMX as it has the integrated soundcard and the ability to connect external devices and even use it as a pure mixer instead of a midi controller. But what can I do with it if it doesn't do what is supposed to do ... ?

Below is my system information as guideline to what I have.

Sony VAIO laptop VGN-C190P

CPU Type: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU T7400 @ 2.16GHz
CPU Speed: 2166 MHz
Installed memory: 2GB
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio

Posted Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 12:38 pm
Hello Unimad,

Have you tested if you have the same CPU issue when you set DJ Console Rmx in ASIO at 48 KHz instead of 44.1 KHz before running VirtualDJ 5 DJC Edition?

Posted Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 4:12 am
foxinouPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have also sound problems with the rmx console. I'm not using the pro version. Can you confirm me it's impossible to set any settings, and to solve problem, without the pro version ?

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 2:39 am
Where can you buy these? i've been needing a TCV setup for my VDJ with MIDI buttons and this is it. Been watching for months, I bet its only in UK or something ... wheres it at for USA?????

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 7:45 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 7:56 pm

Posted Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 11:24 pm
Hey, have just received my DJ Console RMX...seems to be working ok but is there a way to make configurable buttons 1-6 loop buttons? I cant seem to get the loops working properly.....Cheers

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 9:46 am
Hello Dlearious,

In VirtualDJ 5 DJC Edition, you assign
- the loop in function on one of the configurable 1-6 loop buttons,
- and the loop out function on another button in the 1-6 configurable buttons,
so you need 2 buttons to make a loop, one to set the start of the loop, one to set its end.

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 1:38 pm
Excellent...cheers, thats what i get for not reading the instructions lol!

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 5:13 am
For those trying to get a RMX in the states, go to Audiolines.com

Posted Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 4:02 pm
Hi got RMX works fine but just a problem for the wish list, need pfl for master out. also when you adjust volume base etc there is a delay, not like a real time mixer ie if you want more base you want it now not a ms behind you. and you get the pop thing if you over drive. I love tech stuff and now only mix new RnB/ Dance videos in the clubs i work, but to say the rmx is a proffisonal mixer it's not yet. There is work to do on that statement. I have been a full time dj for a very long time back in the 70's how old!! but over the years i've always used the best like Cloud/ Denon/Formula Sound/ Technics 1210's. Virtual DJ is real cool. and im 100% happy with it but rmx catch up please.

SPEC SONY VAIO VGN-FE41Z
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7200, Supports Enhanced Intel® SpeedStep® Technology
Microprocessor Speed (GHz) 2
Memory Type DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024MB)
Hard Drive Capacity (GB) 200
Graphic Card Full Name NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7600 GPU

Posted Sat 26 Apr 08 @ 6:42 am
Hello,

Got my Hercules RMX console last friday, started trying and configuring, but until today I'm really dissapointed.
The songs just stop when trying to mix or just by loading a second song on the deck. My notebook meets the system requirements. My processor is even higher than nessesary.
My notebook is a clean install of Windows XP and no other software on it.

Ok, maybe it's the 512Mb memory that meets the minimum requirements, so let's try another notebook.
This will be the notebook I used with the hercules Dj console MK2 and also VDJ LE (the version that comes with MK2)
This notebook has: Intel Core Duo 2,0 Ghz, 2 Gb memory and 128Mb video (not shared).

When playing a song in Virtual DJ 5 LE, the songs constantly skip over for a half a second. At the end of the song (4 minutes song) it skipped a total of 10 seconds.
When I load a second song on the desk and try to mix, then its skips much more!

Also loading the music/beat analyses in the upper screen goes way to slow ! If I start playing a song and then load the second song, then I can wait for a minute before the second song is fully loaded. And no, it isn't a song of 12 minutes, it is just a radio edit of about 4 minutes.

The Hercules Dj console and djconsole MK2 work(ed) much better with that edition of VDJ.

Is there something I can try next ?
I'm very happy with the MK2 and the VDJ that comes with it, but the RMX looks much more professional so I want to use the RMX in the future and not the MK2 anymore.
Help !!
(if all this can be solved with the VDJ PRO version please tell me, because I will buy it for sure if it works !!)

Greetings Roy

Posted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 1:54 pm
Is anyone using Denon decks with the RMX? I believe my 3500s have too much output. I'm getting a lot of distortion when I use them. The book says some audio sources have this problem. They say I need to use a "Nano Patch"? Anyone?...

Posted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 8:59 pm
HI,
i have a pc, windows xp, 1 GB ram.
I Have the last driver 1.HDJS.2008 e last software virtualdj 5.0.7 EL,

i have the problem always when i press fast many time the FWD & BKD buttons togheter , the software goes in tilt and i need to reload the software.

I installed the last demo virtualdj from this site http://www.virtualdj.com/download.html and i havent the problem but the software is only demo.

How can i resolve this problem?

Posted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 4:53 pm
Top 10 Reasons why my RMX is being returned for a refund:

1. Too heavy...seems they tried to over compensate for the cheesey feeling of the MKI & II.
2. Too big...most clubs do not have enough free desktop space to accommodate bigger controllers. There is a lot of wasted space on the faceplate, controls that could have been placed closer together were not. In contrast, the mic & headphone inputs are way too close to the mic & headphone level knobs & make it extremely awkward to adjust the levels when a 1/4\" plug is sticking up blocking access to the knobs (even with an \"L\" adapter).
3. Small sliders...with all the wasted space on the faceplate, they could easily have used longer sliders.
4. The Bass Mid & Hi knobs are WAY inaccurate and do not correspond to the postion of the software knobs. Seems this would be an easy fix by just taking the cheap looking plastic knob off & repositioning it back on the pot, BUT the flattened shaft of the eq pots does not allow for this.
5. The sound card STILL SUCKS! It doesn\'t even perform as well as a $99 Creative Card from Best Buy, even in 24bit mode. One of the main draws for the RMX is that it can be used as a stand alone mixer, but if you plan on using both analog inputs, you can only run the sound card in 16 bit!!!
6. Not all of the buttons light up to show they are activated.
7. The config options of the 6 user buttons for each deck will not access added FX plug ins that were not included in the VDJ software. These buttons also do not perform the way as described in the manual...while accessing an FX & holding the button down, you can NOT adjust the parameter of the FX by using the jog wheel. If it requires a software upgrade then it shouldn\'t misrepresent what it can do when it still can\'t.
8. The gain pots have a definite min & max, they should be free floating like the rotary pitch knobs on the MKII so the postion would correspond to the auto gain adjust of the software. (How about a rotary jog type control for the pitch instead of a slider, so the position would always be in synch with the software, hasn\'t anybody thought of this yet?)
9. The most obvious flaw in the design of the RMX is that the faceplate is a shiny brushed silver. Many clubs use overhead spot lighting which causes glare on a shiny faceplate. (Hmmm, could it be they are saving a cool new black faceplate for the RMX II)?
10. A major complaint about the MKI & II was the feel / response of the push buttons. They still haven\'t gotten that right. Again, it seems they tried to over compensate & the push buttons have a very clunky, uncomfortable feel.

Overall, the RMX doesn\'t sound better or do a heck of a lot more than you can do with the MKII except take up more room & add what seems to be unnecessary weight to what we already have to carry to gigs.

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 12:57 pm
Got mine in yesterday, unfortunatly it was also bingo night at the clubhouse, so I didn't get to play with it much until today. Anyway, I expected it to be about as good as the mk2 with a few added features and that's basicaly what it is, but I think the few minor problems may just be bugs (gotta expect those on a fresh release). The first is that selecting the RMX icon in soundcard selection leaves the second deck without sound and no headphone preview in both standalone and external modes. This is easily fixed however by selecting 4.1 card instead of the RMX icon. Second, for some reason I can't to get the flippin double effect to work when configured to a button, though the other effects seem to work fine. Also, the samples have little to no volume when using 2 channel mixer mode. Other than these couple issues it seems to be a good little mobile tool so far. The jogs are much better than the mk2 for pitch bends & nudges (not very good scratching jogs), and the size & weight are just right in my humble. I haven't even tried the DJC edition software, figure not much point to it. All in all I'm pretty happy, this is a nice upgrade to their DJ Console series;^]

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 7:22 pm
SebeHome userMember since 2006
Finally received my RMX in NJ on Friday. Thanks for the messages about configurations. I thought for sure with the release of th RMX, getting the console configured would be the least of my issues. Following all the suggestions posted, I still have not been able to secure a mix of more than a
song or two, without skips, pauses, jumps and just stops. Just when you think you've got it down pat, DAMM what is it now! Anyboby running XP SP2, IBM laptop 1gig memory let me know if you get it running at a club-performance standard for more than 30 minutes send out the configuration. To all the faithful out there - help send the message out - SEND US A PATCH THAT COMPLETES THE CONFIGURATION - we've waited, we were patient, we have purchased, we deserve the same standard as the MKII - the next version should work just as good or better!! DJSEB

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 11:44 pm
SebeHome userMember since 2006
Has anyone figured out how to activate the back lights on ALL the buttons. I thoughts they all worked when used??

DJSEB

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 1:24 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
sebe

not all of the buttons are backlit, which to me is a bit of a dumb move by hercules...

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 5:18 am
36%