Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New 2008 Hercules Driver MK1-MK2-MP3-RMX Pc & Mac - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Just been on the Hercules Tech website, and I found this.

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=files_faq

I just want make sure that this is a new 2008 Driver Package for the Herc range? Does anybody know, before I download it and install it.

Jimmy b

PC
Hercules MK1-MK2-MP3-RMX PC Windows Xp-Vista Driver Version 2008_1
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/2008_HDJS_1.exe

MAC
Hercules RMX Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger) / 10.5 (Leopard) Version 1.83
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/HDJRMX_1_83.pkg.zip

Hercules MK2 Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger) / 10.5 (Leopard) Version 5.18
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/HDJMK2_5_18.pkg.zip

Hercules MP3 Mac OS 10.3 (Panther) Version 3.95
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/HDJMP3_Panther_3_95.pkg.zip

Hercules MP3 Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger) / 10.5 (Leopard) Version 4.04
ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/HDJMP3_4_04.pkg.zip

Hercules MK1 Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger) Version 2004
ftp://ftp.guillemot.com/sound/exe/DJConsole/2_HDJM_2004.dmg

Direct download link added by Cioce ;)

Posted Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 8:25 am
Supported products

- DJ Console Rmx
- DJ Console Mk2
- DJ Console
- DJ Control MP3

Seems to be, and it promises lower asio buffersize and fixed bugs ...

Should be worth installing

Posted Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 8:27 am

Yeah, that's what I thought Rune,

Might get rev7 working right now with the mk2? Been using rev6.

I Will download it and install it tomorrow, will be using my mk2 tonight. Don't want to upset the apple cart, before my gig.

Jimmy b

Posted Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 8:35 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well I downloaded the package and it does resolve (from my limited testing, I don't have TimeCode) the MK2 Icon choice of being dysfunctional in v5.0.7

This is on a XP install.

Some install notes --

I didn't uninstall the OLD drivers - I let the Installation package do the uninstall. At one point it asked for the Disk 1 with the data2.cab file. Couldn't find what it was looking for and it wasn't the DJC Install CD. So, took the risk and simply Cancel. No harm noticed.

Behind that was the Installation of the new drivers. Now it began and then asked me to unplug and then replug my MK2. Then a series of New Hardware Found dialogs started popping up. Cancel those, because the Herc Install was still installing the drivers. At the end the install wanted a reboot.

Checked the Original 3.4 version - Works
Checked the Update 3.4.1 version - Works
Checked the version 5.0.7 - Works

All functionality back the way it was. Before this issue raised it's head.

Now one weird this is I have 2 DJC Control panels in my task bar. The NEW Control panel 2.0.1.7 which shows me using Driver 3.8.0.0, and Control panel v1.4.3.2 which shows the same information.

So hope this helps everyone.

Jimmy it's your call, but Safer is always better !!

Posted Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 10:12 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
*********NOTE:**********

Remember and create a restore point in XP or Vista before you start. Makes life easier if tings go wrong

Posted Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 10:23 am

Worked fine here ;)

And finally it seems the crackles in headphone out, when using Herc as 2nd soundcard are gone ! wooo hoo...
(auto latency in VDJ performance tab)

Posted Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 11:43 am
Whats not fixed for Hercules MK2 :

- Headphone switch for A and B dont work, when Hercules is single soundcard, and you choose Single output (master) at VDJ

- Headphone switch for A and B dont work, when Hercules is 2nd soundcard (Mix works, so you can use headphone_mix function to blend cue)

- Headphone swithc for A and B only work when you choose Headphone + Speaker output in VDJ, but then the master out is not good.

Posted Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 11:51 am
Actually cuing on the Herc MK2 seems pretty messed up all together.

Luckily the 4.1 trick still works, so if you set 4.1 soundcard, and not the Hercules image, at soundcards in VDJ, all works good :)

Posted Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 11:54 am
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Excellent! I thought I was going to have to try to sell my MK1 because of lack of x64 support. This is great news!

Posted Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 8:22 pm
I guess I'll go ahead and try this puppy, too ;)

Thanks for the info, Jimmy :-D

Posted Sun 23 Mar 08 @ 11:19 am
Now that I've installed and tested these new drivers a bit, I gotta say...The new MK2 ASIO is BITCHIN'

Using VDJ v5r6, I'm testing running in ASIO at 96 (2ms), the (new) lowest latency available in 44.1 kHz, with auto latency set in the performance tab of config, and the contols (especially the jogs and crossfader) on the MK2 are VERY responsive!! What's more, the buttons and stick no longer gum up while in ASIO mode! Everything works like it should...FINALLY <:-D

Granted, the ASIO mode does eat up a significant slice of CPU time on my 1.6 GHz centrino with 2GB RAM (runs at about 30-60% @ idle), but VDJ seems to be okay with it, even when loading a song while actively scratching on the jog of the other deck (CPU @ 100% by design). I even loaded a karaoke track under the same conditions to try and see if it would puke. It didn't.

Anyway, so far so good. I think the new drivers are worth installing, even though I haven't had the balls to try it with v5r7...yet ;)

Posted Sun 23 Mar 08 @ 4:14 pm
discjockeydoc wrote :
Anyway, so far so good. I think the new drivers are worth installing, even though I haven't had the balls to try it with v5r7...yet ;)

Yep, the console does seem very responsive now in Asio mode, which I like, this is with rev6, I'm with you Doc, still need to try it with rev7.

Jimmy b

Posted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 5:01 am
holy uffin ish!

trying it with 5.0.7 vs. 5.0.6

5.0.7 seems to love this ASIO driver

sweet :D

Posted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 8:01 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Man that driver makes the HDJC butta smooth. I didn't know I can scratch that good. Runs the best 4 ms. 2ms with some artifacts. Going to try it on my "faster" computer at 2ms. No more distortion in 5.0.7.

Posted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 8:35 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've tried with ASIO set to 2ms @ 44100Hz, with "Ultra-Latency" selected in VDJ. The only thing I can notice is a smoother waveform, but scratching is just like on the old 11ms driver... Have I done something wrong?

Posted Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 3:53 am
What About The x64 support ??

Posted Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 8:12 pm
With Hercules MKI i cannot get the new drivers work at ASIO mode, anyone has same problem?

Posted Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 5:11 pm
From the Hercules website:

No free upgrade is planned forVirtualDJ 1 DJC Edition. Since this version is not compatible with Windows Vista, DJ Console 1 users who want to switch to this operating system must either mix with another software, as MixVibes DJC Edition (fully supported in Vista), or they should buy an upgrade of VirtualDJ.

Posted Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 6:00 pm

Right I've gone for it and installed rev7 finally, and with the new herc 2008 drivers, it's fcuking awesome now, Totally different result than I was getting when rev7 first came out.

Been doing some testing now (about 8 hours), running in WDM mode and Asio mode and I can say it's all most spot on. In both modes the controls are responsive and fast and the changed the console, to a even better one.

The only thing that lets it down is the Headphone switch and the cue, other than that, it works great.

Jimmy b

Posted Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 9:44 am
FaultPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Any1 know why i cant download from the website? If you still have the driver, can you upload it to rapidshare?

Posted Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 5:08 pm
77%