Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: karaoke problems!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ok, what is going on?
I cannot go karaoke anymore!!
while im doin a performance in my bedroom i usually get ppl singing over the music, but i am now starting 2 experience problems with recording!
when somebody is using the karaoke, singing, they sound perfect, thier voices are going with the beat like thier voices should be, it sounds great.
BUT!!!
after i have finished the recording, it becomes all messed up thier voices are not goin with the beat at all, infact its like thier trying 2 sing while drunk and cannot keep up with the beat, like when its recording it seems like its not picking up the singers voice properly like its delaying or something? I dont have any other idea how to explain this but someone must be able to help me, i mean wtf is going on!?!
it never used to do this why is it doing it now???

somone please help me out as this is going to be a big problem, they sound fine live but on recording they sound PISSED!!!
Thank you.

Posted Fri 14 Mar 08 @ 7:58 pm
cmonnnnn

Posted Sun 16 Mar 08 @ 5:34 am
oh for christs sake, can someone help me please!

Posted Sun 16 Mar 08 @ 11:44 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What version do you use , console edition? or demo , whats your spec?

Which Mic Model? , are you using the Mic Jack on the mk2?

What record setting have you tried for this?

Please remember this is a forum not a chat so replies wont be instant especially as its a sunday, would it kill you to be a bit more polite here?

Posted Sun 16 Mar 08 @ 12:19 pm
am sorry, im just very frustrated, and im using djc edition

I have tried shure and other models

and yeap i hvae used the jack, and i have also tried split links

and i have the setting as "master + mic"
mp3 and 192kbs bitrate, doubt bitrate matters though

its not my computer, as this issue has worked perfectly losts of time, but not no more but anyways i got
1.24ghz and 1gb of RAM.

thank you for repliying, again sorry for my miss politeness

Posted Sun 16 Mar 08 @ 7:16 pm
How do you know for sure, it's not the computer? The software seems to be working fine, except when you record. So it sounds like there is a problem in the recording process. Are you recording to a hard drive? Is it on the same machine as the software?

Posted Sun 16 Mar 08 @ 10:51 pm
yeh im recording to the HDD, and virtual dj runs smoothly im totaly lag free i never experience problems with vdj, but this recording issue has only just started, even though i have been using this verison for a long time now

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 10:41 am
I am not the smartest guy here, but if VDJ has been working for me, and continues to play without issues, but only now the recording is messed up, I would be looking at what has changed, in the recording mode. Is this a laptop, how much space is left, does it need to be defragged, have any settings been changed, can you record from another source, that is also on the same drive?

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 12:20 pm
i dont have any other way of recording from master and mic, its running on computer, nothin has changed with ma rec settings, im carefull with my settings too.
do ya know any ways of recording?
thanx

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 5:48 pm
i have also reinstalled vdj, and nothing has changed... like wtf??

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 3:00 pm
still waiting for help

Posted Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 7:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)