Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: CPU TEMP????? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
paulettecerra wrote :
DJ-ALF wrote :
Just clean your heatsink and Cpu with alcohol and get Silicon Silver to put on the CPU.

Thanks, did that and really didn't help.

I'll check out the CPU fan. You my want to check out my blog, Thers pic of my road cace.

I am getting better cooling ing the case with the extra fan I added. that helped bring the cpu temp down to 54 to 58*. I'm limited on space so any new CPU fans eill need to fit the road case. Last night everything went well with the changes.

You can try then some blower that has fans on the side, not on the top of the heatsink. It's well known fact that kind of coolers are better than the ones supplied with the CPU's today (in the box package) that flow the heat on the core. Blower is taking the heat from the side an off from core which is better. For better performance you can use 2 fans, one for blow and one for intake.

Posted Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 11:11 pm
what u need for a cpu cooler..if u don't want to go with liquid cooling...

this BABY MONSTER..will keep ur sucker cold..

*warning* this fan is HUGE!!! depends on how big ur case is..mini ATX , mid size ATX
or full ATX>.depends.. on mine it has approx 1 inch clearance from the case..yes peoples..thats how big that baby is.

Dj- R3aP3r

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 12:46 am
101010101 wrote :
alot of times there will be a unseen clog between the fan and the heatsink,
unscrew the fan off the heatsink n see if it has a mess.

nice!!!!

Thats what I'm looking for.

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 12:50 am
mini reaper wrote :
what u need for a cpu cooler..if u don't want to go with liquid cooling...

this BABY MONSTER..will keep ur sucker cold..

*warning* this fan is HUGE!!! depends on how big ur case is..mini ATX , mid size ATX
or full ATX>.depends.. on mine it has approx 1 inch clearance from the case..yes peoples..thats how big that baby is.

Dj- R3aP3r

Thanks mini reaper.. I actually tried using my refrigerator but it wouldn’t fit in my case.

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 1:00 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
@mini reaper
This is what I was talking about, thanks, couldn't find the pic ;)
Yes, it is big, but it is the best solution (except liquid cooling). You can find smaller heat sink of course.

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 5:52 am
no problem..i got a degree in no life new-egg researching and comparing products to the smallest details before i buy it.lol..and i also ask the EGGSPERT!..lok around on new egg they have their own sales rep..lol

enjoy

dj reaper

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 6:34 pm
My current rig has only reached 90F and that is a 3 GHz processor and 10 hard drives inside a 4U server rack mount case.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 11:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)