Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Songs appear twice?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I look in the filter folder for all files on the c: drive all of my songs are listed twice. Also, when I perform a search it lists duplicates.

The total number of files listed is twice as many as should be there too. I have recursed, fexed and cleaned serveral times but the duplicates are still there. I know the files are not duplicated on my drive.

How do I clear the duplicates?

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 5:03 am
do you have an external drive connected with the same tracks on it?

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 6:39 am
Is there a line between the first and second instance? If so, the database is picking them up from some other location.

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 7:37 am
timmyventura wrote :
When I look in the filter folder for all files on the c: drive all of my songs are listed twice. Also, when I perform a search it lists duplicates.

The total number of files listed is twice as many as should be there too. I have recursed, fexed and cleaned serveral times but the duplicates are still there. I know the files are not duplicated on my drive.

How do I clear the duplicates?

I had the same problem a few months back. I have no idea what changed, but it doesnt seem to happen anymore. Other things I noticed when this happened:

~One of the two identical track names will not play.

~And if u click 'file info' for the second track, there is no info?

That is what was happening to me, anyway.

Just thougt this info mite spur some wisdom out of somebody for u timmy.

orange

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 10:01 am
KeivanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi Timmy,

What version are you using? It Depends on the version

Keivan

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 6:05 pm
digimixer wrote :
do you have an external drive connected with the same tracks on it?

I have never connected an external drive.

"Is there a line between the first and second instance? If so, the database is picking them up from some other location."

No line they appear right next to each other.

Both tracks play and the file loction in the info is the same.

I was using 5.06 and upgraded to 5.07 with no change.

Would it be safe to remove all songs from the search database and re-add them? If I did this would I have to re-scall all my files and re-do all the cue points?

The lists in my custom folders only show 1 copy.

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 7:14 pm
You would, in fact, have to rescan them all if you delete your database. However, removing from and adding to the database in the browser, I've done many times, for various reasons, without trouble. Unfortunately, I've never seen this double-listing before, even after my own upgrade to 5.0.7. ~:-|

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 7:36 pm
I would go to the folders within VDJ and right click on them and Remove them from the database, then go back and Add them to the Database.

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 7:39 pm
There is definately something strange going on here??????

I made a filter folder for all files on the c: drive (the only drive). I went in that folder and removed all songs from the search database. I fixed and cleaned until the database said it contained 0 files.

I then restarted, went to my music folder (c:\music) and added all songs to the search database, then analized all songs.

Now, in the filter folder for c:, I see all files and they are analized. But if I go to any of my many other folders the songs are not analized (they show the little "?").

These are the same songs that have been analized from c:\music so why don't they show up as analized?

I have 80 folders. If I go to the individual folders and scan the songs in them it ads them as new songs to the database (according to the number of songs reported to be in the database. It is as if the songs in my virtual folders are being added as a whole set of new songs.

Any ideas?

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 3:11 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you upgraded from v4.x, then delete your old v4.x database that is in you MyDocuments->VirtualDJ / Cue folder . Do a fix, check and clean again... Do you still have the same problem ?

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 5:46 am
Yes, on the last upgrade I did a complete uninstall, deleted all files from My Docs and Program files and only copied the v5 database to the new install.

Posted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 1:31 pm
I just migrated my software to a new system and only copied my database file. Still showing every track twice. I've cleaned, fixed, recursed... Argggggg.

Posted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 1:20 am
If you right-click and check the file info on each instance, are they listed exactly the same, or is something slightly different?

Posted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 1:43 am
All information for both files is exactly the same, both the line listing and in the file info box.

Posted Fri 14 Mar 08 @ 2:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)