Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 5.06 & DN-HC4500 sys update 1005 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Just downloaded the new update for the DN-HC4500 all the functions work great. Program seems to be stable. But I wanna know if you can use the midi capabilities and hc4500 native support so that you can utilize more of the buttons & features.

Posted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 5:16 pm
enigma0210 wrote :
Just downloaded the new update for the DN-HC4500 all the functions work great. Program seems to be stable. But I wanna know if you can use the midi capabilities and hc4500 native support so that you can utilize more of the buttons & features.

You can only use one or the other, not both at the same time:

Either:

• Native support with working LED's and displays, but no ability to customise the buttons.

• General MIDI, with full ability to customise the buttons to your exact preferences, but non-working LED's and displays (MIDI mapping of LED's via general MIDI may be possible in future versions of VDJ.)

• A custom mapper programmed in C++ providing an alternative to what's offered by native support (Generally more features and different mapping.) LED's and displays will work in a custom mapper. The mapper I have under development will allow you to customise some features, such as jogwheel sensitivity, etc. and choose effects, samples, etc. assigend to the function buttons. It will also provide a layout and functionality similar to Denon CD players such as the DN-D4500.

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 12:44 pm
jboggis, now that the Denon firmware update is out, how is the testing going with your mapper?

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 2:17 pm
I there a listing of how the "native support" maps out all the controls in VDJ?

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 4:08 pm
I figured I couldn't use both at the same time. Is there any way the mapper I made could be used as a custom mapper supported by VDJ, worked the features and buttons to the max, adjusting pitch & job wheel sensitivity, bpm sort, title sort, search, search clear, effects/samples, automix, just to name a few. Anyway to use as a custome one?

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 7:40 pm
enigma0210 wrote :
I figured I couldn't use both at the same time. Is there any way the mapper I made could be used as a custom mapper supported by VDJ, worked the features and buttons to the max, adjusting pitch & job wheel sensitivity, bpm sort, title sort, search, search clear, effects/samples, automix, just to name a few. Anyway to use as a custome one?

Only if you write your own mapper plugin using C++ that replicates what you have done via general MIDI.

djreggieward wrote :
jboggis, now that the Denon firmware update is out, how is the testing going with your mapper?

A bit easier now that it doesn't freeze every few minutes. I'm hoping to use it properly for the first time at the weekend, if I can get the basic controls working well enough.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 1:12 pm
Hi jboggis,
will your mapper also work with Numark CUE? Cause Numark has no native support for this controller.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 2:11 pm
Unfortunately, no. The mapper plugin uses the HC4500 native driver built into VDJ, so it's unlikely that it will work in Numark Cue.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 3:52 pm
So, let me get this straight ...... VDJ (5.06 & 07) is "NOW WORKING" with the "DENON HC4500", l.e.d.s, loop buttons, etc.?

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 4:50 pm
djnot4free wrote :
So, let me get this straight ...... VDJ (5.06 & 07) is "NOW WORKING" with the "DENON HC4500", l.e.d.s, loop buttons, etc.?

Yes - I've not had a single freeze since the Denon firmware update.

The LED's and displays work with the default native support. A custom mapper will be available soon that offers more functionality.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 4:57 pm
Thanks jpb

Can't waith

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 7:25 am
Hehe me either :)

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 12:20 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
JPBoggis,

Can you add crossfader midi funtion to your Customer Mapper for use with a Denon X500 and X900 mixer? I currently use this MIDI capabilities with my HC-4500 mapper to control crossfade/videofade and would love to have this feature in your mapper.

Thanks again

BMAC

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 3:00 pm
I'm planning to support this.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 3:41 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm curious to know what the 5 function buttons are for for VDJ. I have VJ and am awaiting an update to fix a few backwords features including using the function buttons.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 6:13 pm
In the default native support, they set/trigger hot cues 1-5.

In my mapper, they perform different functions depending on mode (E.g: Hot cues in cue points mode, effects in effect mode, samples in sample mode, loops in loop mode, etc.) They can also be re-assigned appropriately (E.g: Effects of your choice in effects mode.)

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 6:31 pm
Since no one has responded, I'll ask again: Is there a list somewhere of what VDJ functions are assigned to what HC4500 functions under native support?

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 10:44 pm
smittydc wrote :
Since no one has responded, I'll ask again: Is there a list somewhere of what VDJ functions are assigned to what HC4500 functions under native support?

No, but it shouldn't be too difficult to work it out. Press each button and see what it does :) Most should do what it says on the button. I don't think there are any button combinations, but I haven't played around with it that much (I've mainly been working on and using my mapper.)

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 12:33 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I watched the hc4500 demo with Reflex LE last night....and Silvio was using the flip button to access different functions. In my 4500 manual, it says to refer to the software manual for several buttons. So a feature list would be nice.

Posted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 3:41 pm
Come on. Where's a tiny amount of documentation?

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 1:31 pm
80%