Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Xponent Mapper Update... - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It has to be approved by whoever is responsible for web downloads before it will update...

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sat 12 Jan 08 @ 1:02 pm
Can you send it to me so I can try it tonight at my job?

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Sat 12 Jan 08 @ 2:53 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
v1.02 is now available

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 10:35 am
Been off the scene for a month but DJing tonight... is it stable enough do you think?

Posted Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 9:31 am
Well I personally only use stuff after testing, despite if anyone else says it's stable or not ;)

That said, I've had no problems with it. I can't comment on others - I know a couple of people use it, but no idea how many or how they are getting on with it.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 10:46 am
thanks bro alots

Posted Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 8:42 pm
I congratulate you for the Mapper. It’s run 100% stable: Last weekend, I have DJing during 13 hours, without any problem.

Is it easy possible, to modify some functions for the buttons? And how can I make this?

I even begin to try. but without any result.

Posted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 12:28 pm
None of the mappings can be changed by users at present. If you would like some to propose some changes though I'm all ears :)

Posted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 5:33 pm
G'day Scott.

I'd like to try my new Xponent with Virtual DJ, especially using the features you've outlined in your mapper.

However, I don't want to have to purchase the full version of VDJ, just to trial your mapper and see if it will be the program I'll continue with.

Can you setup some arrangement; I'm more than happy to Paypal/transfer you some money for the mapper; (as long as it's a little under $299)

Could you help me out?

Posted Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 12:38 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry yatesy07 but this mapper requires a minimum of Virtual DJ v5.0 Rev 5 but DEMO is stopped to version 5.04.
In any case mapper and all the other effects and tool are only reserved to professional user.

@ SBDJ
I will test and tell my opinion on your mapper this weekend ;)

Posted Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 1:31 pm
Is it possible to change the function of the buttons „Pitch band – left side“ into “Pitch band – right side” and „Pitch band – right side“ into “Pitch band – left side” both at deck 1 and on deck 2.

Do you have an idea, which button on the xponent could be reserved for the function in VDj Deck Control – Loop Set/Control – “Shift Knob”?

Regards

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 7:01 am
Here my consideration for next mapper release, I know is a big work but I have copied a lot of the function in Torq because I think is very mapped good in its native software and adapted to basic VDJ function.

Decks:
Fix scratch when I release my hand on the Jog.
I can't backspin like a real vinyl, please try in Torq and make copy, the scratch mode will activated like now when hand is on Jog but the deactivation will be when the Jog stop to rotate and not like now when I release my hand on Jog.

Fix the browsing with Shift + Jog when Scratch mode is active, sometimes it stops the song in play.

X = Unload (X is too logical to unload) and - = Load

< and > pitch_bend -/+ 256_temporary , with SHIFT pitch_bend -/+ 512_temporary

Knobs 1 = Sample Volume , 2 = Effect parameter 1 , 3 = Effect parameter 2 , 4 = Effect parameter 3

Buttons 1 = Play sample , 2 = effect_activate , 3 = effect_select -1 , 4 = effect_select +1 (scrolling fx list)
with SHIFT 1 = Rec sample , 2 = effect_button 1 , 3 = effect_button 2 , 4 = effect_button 3

<< and >> to smart_seek 4 , with SHIFT smart_seek 8

Cue is ok, with SHIFT set_cue 1

Play/Pause is ok

1-2-3-4-5 Hot Cues is ok , with SHIFT set_cue 1-2-3-4-5

|< and >| to skip_beat 4 , with SHIFT skip_beat 8
Lock = Master tempo is ok , with SHIFT Reset key_offset
+ and - please change to key_offset (key in minus led - ON, Key in plus led + ON, key in center leds OFF) , with SHIFT change pitch_range +/- 1 to select prefixed pitch range

1-2-4-8 Loop and with Shift 16-32-6-128 and is ok
If I reloop please turn ON reloop button
When I select Loop IN point please turn ON Loop IN button
When I loop OUT and I'm in LOOP please turn ON also Loop OUT button

If the loop is created without In and OUT point please Turn ON only LOOP OUT

Mixer:
Sync is ok but with SHIFT please activate beatlock

O and other O near crossfader Transform 100% left and right, with SHIFT on left activate video transition and for right activate video effect like in the video skin.

Kills buttons are ok but with shift please use temporary functions on any buttons.

Please also ADD mouse in MIDI mode to modify the 2 first effects slide in active deck like in Torq.

Many many many thanks in advance to SBDJ ;)

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 8:00 am
Don't want much do you? ;)

Thanks though, this is the first proper feedback I've actually had!

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 11:53 am
I've made most of the changes, but a quick question:

You want to change |< and >| to skip_beat; how would users change browser windows? Shift function perhaps?

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 12:55 pm
...oh and same question for - and + as well ;)

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 1:43 pm
Hmmmmm, VDJ reports XPONENT_SLIDER_TOUCHPAD_X but not XPONENT_SLIDER_TOUCHPAD_Y. In fact, touchpad Y doesn't trigger OnSlider at all :(

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 1:53 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Don't want much do you? ;)

Thanks though, this is the first proper feedback I've actually had!
Hehe, this is one of the reason of my VIP level :)))

To change browser windows you can map mouse left/right maybe, this is an idea but if I go to sample or effects windows in any case will be necessary the mouse to modify some parameters.

X = Unload (X is too logical to unload) , with shift browsing focus go on folders left side (browser_switch) but when shift is released focus coming back to middle browser
and - = Load , with shift it open and close folder in left side browser.

SBDJ wrote :
Hmmmmm, VDJ reports XPONENT_SLIDER_TOUCHPAD_X but not XPONENT_SLIDER_TOUCHPAD_Y. In fact, touchpad Y doesn't trigger OnSlider at all :(
In MIDI I see note 9 and 12 for X-Y, maybe is an SDK bug.

If you have skype or msn check in my blog and contact me for some test ;)

Another big thanks in advance for your big work man!

Ps. Sometimes the key_lock led make a little turn on/off, do you see?

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 3:54 pm
I meant the other + and - buttons, not the X and - ;)

No problems though, I'll sort out what I can - I've managed to implement most of the changes you wanted...

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 6:18 pm
cioce wrote :
+ and - please change to key_offset (key in minus led - ON, Key in plus led + ON, key in center leds OFF) , with SHIFT change pitch_range +/- 1 to select prefixed pitch range

I think for first is necessary a good mapper copy and paste from Torq to make easy the change Torq to VDJ for the users, maybe in the future will be good another advance mapper with more options.
We know without your mapper the native basic support Xponent/VDJ is not complete now.

Thanks
Cioce

Posted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 2:37 am
I have some sound distortion problem after 30-40 minutes of mix with and after some browsing in Torq forum I understand I'm not the first one
http://www.torq-dj.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=060ecf04f4efccecf5eb18ac85e5a26d :(
I have installed Vista driver on XP like what is write in Torq Forum and tested with ultra-latency On and Off, Overclock On and Off, latency auto (512 from Xponent driver panel) or 512 in VDJ latency option but every time same problem comes.

Can someone have some tricks for me?
I have only another week to test it and to decide to buy or not.

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 9:17 am
12%