Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: how can I?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Good Morning all,

I have tried both versions of virtual dj pro and newmark cue pro, and I am still not able to listen to my mix prior to blending the songs together?

Do the programs have this capability becasue I still have not purchased the programs because of this issue.

Can anyone advise me on how to do this before I purchase the product.

Thank you for your time.

Jason

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 7:28 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You require a 4.1 sound-card or better with two outputs or more to allow headphone previews.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 7:33 am
still not sure what you mean (sorry). I am able to listen to either turntable but with the newmark total control all In have to do is press the a button at the top corners on either side to listen to my mix prior to my blending of the tracks.

I don't recall that ability in the pro version of virtual dj. I can listen to my blend if I have the fade control in the middle and yes I can listen to my mix, but if I was recording it would not sound good if I miss a beat.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 7:47 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The mapping is the same for le and the latest pro version , so you can use the headphone option in the same way.

you will need a sound-card with more than one output one for the headphones and one for the main mix.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:53 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
not sure if this helps or if what you actually require, using vdj to prelisten left and right decks without an external sound card.... did this earlier for youtube so is a bit fuzzy

basically if you cant follow the clip

go to config

soundsetup

outputs > external mixer

soundcards > mono seperated

output channels give you white lead/left channel red lead/right channel to your mixer

you will have to use a y splitter for each channel to get dual inputs into mixing desk

which of course will only give you mono sound output to speakers

hope that is of some help to you

Tayla

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 12:47 pm
thanks tayla, much appreciated the help.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:03 pm
scorpius

no probs, glad your sorted, but it would be better for you if you follow skys advice at a future date...

Tayla

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 7:13 am
good morning tayla,

sky's advise was not the issue. I have a sound card that is capable of that function, it was the pfl problem..... I have taken your advise made the changes and I was groveing last night.

Thanks once again.

Jason

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 7:39 am
continue......

I will be now buying the pro edition. Love this program!!

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 7:40 am
glad to hear it on both counts jason

let me be the first to welcome you to the pro side

Tayla

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 7:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)