Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Static In Audio With Some Video's Please Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

KeivanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello Everyone,

I had posted in the past about this and had never resolved this issue. A small portion of my video's from my DVD collection that have been ripped with DVD dycrpter work fine on other players like VLC. The files are saved as vob files and I have converted them to mpg with a program called Super to see if that would fix the problem no can do still the audio sounds like static if you listen closely you can here the audio under lying the static and it sound like its playing at a slower speed. Now the video files seem ok as long as I don't play them on cue. someone suggested to switch the codec to windows media player. I did that with files associated with vob's now the audio is good but no video. Keep in mind all my videos have been ripped the same way with the same program and 95 percent of them work correctly. Something must be different about the these DVD's than the other ones. Also keep in mind this is not intermittent it always behaves this way. I am Using Numark Cue Version 5 rev5 Please Help.

Thank You Very Much,
Keivan Keihani
www.PreferredDjs.Com

Posted Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 10:20 pm
Hello Again,

Just tried using smartripper still same issue the audio is all static. im trying to rip Shakira's ORAL Fixation Tour. It seems to have ripped ok it plays in VLC but not in cue. The issue is only playing in cue. Thats everything to me Also Problems with Billy Joel's Dvd & Tony Bennett

Thanks,
Keivan
www.preferredDjs.com

Posted Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 11:21 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
check the audio settings in the second process that you arent getting some weird audio encoding. it neesd to be 44.1 or 48khz into 16 bit, PCM format. Have you tried playing the VOB file directly in vdj to see if the source is maybe not a problem?

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 3:19 am
Ok I played the DVD directly in to vdj and same thing just static also tried vob file directly static. But it played it with VLC player and it works fine. Is there a way I can force it to be compatible by converting. I tried converting to mpg no good still same problem. Some thing in vdj is not compatible. Is there a way to use vlc codec or something and if so how do I do that. vlc plays everything perfect. I also checked sample rate was at 48khz but not sure if its a pcm file or not. I also tried smartripper no good same thing. 2 friends of mine also have vdj and they are having the same problem with the same DVD's they play in vlc but not on vdj we all have different computers

Thank You,
Keivan

Posted Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 5:48 am
Hey Paz75,

It also does it directly off the DVD. What do you mean by second process? When using dvdfabdycrypter I selected 2 channel PCM. I also checked and it was a 48Khz pcm file. I also remove the 5.1 audio. I have been on this real heavy the past few days and I'm looking for some more suggestions. Thank You For Your Help.

Keivan

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 4:14 pm
Keivan wrote :
Hey Paz75,

It also does it directly off the DVD. What do you mean by second process? When using dvdfabdycrypter I selected 2 channel PCM. I also checked and it was a 48Khz pcm file. I also remove the 5.1 audio. I have been on this real heavy the past few days and I'm looking for some more suggestions. Thank You For Your Help.

Keivan

I don't have an answer for you, but it seems that I have heard about this awhile ago. I don't remember what the deal is with these store bought DVDs, but there was an issue. At least this will bump it up, so someone else can see it.

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 1:34 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I can attest to the same problem with the Destiny Child Tour DVD. About three of the files are fine and the rest seem to do the same thing your describing. I just started playing around with this DVD so I'll post if I figure itout.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 8:47 am
Solved. de-select the third option under stream processing in DVD decrypter. It says something along the lines 0xA0 - Audio - LPCM/2ch/English
Select the one above it 0xA0 - Audio - AC3/6ch/English. You also need to select the video box.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 5:27 pm
If these happen to be the 20th Century Masters DVD collections the problem is that the audio is encoded to 24bit LPCM instead of 16 bit which VDJ can handle. A program called MPEG Streamclip to rencode the audio 16 bit.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 12:23 pm
Ok im going to give it a try

Posted Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 5:40 pm
Thank You Guy's. DJEJ & Country Boy you guy's are on the money it worked. This is why VDJ is #1. It's not just the software it's the people who use it and created it. For this I thank you. From now on I willl do my best to give back to the forums.

Keivan

Posted Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 10:48 am
Good to hear Keivan, glad it worked out. These are indeed great forums.

Posted Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 2:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)