Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ + Korg Zero 4 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Thank you NoDoubtDJ and Patchyman (I hope I spelled it right). I was a lil busy with family business but I will try to hook it up by the end of the week, I installed the drivers in my laptop and tried to use the midi and all and I think it is working fine, I think I will also have to upgrade my firmware in the Korg Zero to 1.5. The version I have is 1.05. Maybe I need to check on this too. maybe the version is the correct one. The serial no. of my Zero is very close to 1000, maybe it was updated by the time it was made, or maybe not.

THank you very much guy's I know we will be talking for a long time with eachother,

Peace!!!

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 12:30 am
well I tried using the software with the above mentioned process. I got it working but when it is in TC mode, the platter on the software moves very slowly almost to an halt, how can I fix this. The audio that comes out is horrible. I can use the TCCD I can scratch but playing songs, it is just too slow. if I speed my rpm on my cdj, I can get the change in pitch but the same speed. what can I do???

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 10:00 am
If you have everything setup as mentioned above, I would suggest making new TCCDs. There are two versions available. Try both. Also burn the CD at the slowest rate that your burner will allow.

To perform a quick test, switch the input selector to CD/Line and then test the TCCD. You will get a horrible noise through your speakers but you will be able to eliminate the CD as a problem if it works this way.

Posted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 12:11 pm
So I finally got some time to play around with the video thing.

What i tried so far and suits me best (if I would play with video) is the following....
Channel 1 and 2 are set to "Audio". Crossfader on the Zero 4 is assigned to "video_crossfade" under Midi Config. So I can use the crossfader for blending from one Video to the other and use the Linefader of Channel 1 and 2 for Fading in and out music from Video 1 or 2. Prelistening is possible by pushing the Cue button of Channel 1 and 2

But to be honest I think I still didn´t really understand what you´re trying to achieve. Maybe you could explain for a dummy like me :)

For example: Crossfader on zero4 should blend over audio and video by dragging it from left to right (or similar)
I´m sorry but English is not my mother tongue

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 2:13 pm
Pachtyman...You did it

I didn't think to assign the VDJ video crossfader to the mixer crossfader. I was assigning the VDJ mixer crossfader. I thought that since it had the option to link them together that it didn't make a difference. I guess it only goes one way. Hopefully one of the developers will read this post and add the fix to the next upgrade.

Thanks again. You were a big help.

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 4:16 pm
I have to push this thread up again.

I just wanted to ask if anyone who uses VDJ in conjunction with the Korg Zero 4 would like to share his Midi-setup (the xml.-File) for the Korg Zero 4. I would like to see how other user midi-mapped the Zero 4 with VDJ. So maybe we could learn some tipps and tricks from eacht other.

I tried to map some functions by myself yesterday (just some functions for setting loops, selecting and play effects, selecting samples and play samples) Nothing special so far.

I will upload my xml-file if someone is interested as soon as i´m home today.

Best regards

Posted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 1:28 am
I would definately be interested. My Zero4 should be here by Friday. MIDI is new to me, I need to figure out the best way to use the Zero4 and a Denon DN-HS5500. I'm thinking that it might be best to use the sound card and MIDI controls on the Korg and use the Denon with TCD.

Thanks,

Taipanic

Posted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 1:36 am
taipanic wrote :
... I need to figure out the best way to use the Zero4 and a Denon DN-HS5500. I'm thinking that it might be best to use the sound card and MIDI controls on the Korg and use the Denon with TCD.

I wanted to get the HS5500. I just knew that I would mess up somewhere and start playing with the deck A when I thought I was working with deck B. I have to have two separate devices. I guess that means I'm getting old and won't change.

My MIDI setup is very vanilla. I use the mixer's effects and have only mapped the crossfader and maybe a couple of other things. I've been burnt by too many other programs and don't want to put any stress on VDJ & my computer that I don't have to.

Posted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 2:36 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I know this is an old post, but I cant get TCCD's to work with the Zero4. I have fw 1.60. I saw in Tracktor there is a Vinyl / CD mode button that allows the Korg to listen to the Line in port. It looks that what it does to me. From the previous post that Patchy was able to get it to work one day and not the next. Anyone have any ideas? Could it be that I have fw 1.60 instead of 1.5. I tried to burn a TCCD with lower volume i.e -70db, -50db. I have done this before for the BCD2000, but the TC never hits 100%.
-David

Posted Sun 03 May 09 @ 10:44 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I found the answer, I needed to download : Using the ZERO4 w/Traktor Scratch Pro / TraktorAdaptForZERO4_v1.0.0_EN.zip from Korg's download page. It has a tool that will toggle the Zero4 to listen to the the CD audio ports instead of the Turntable ports.

-David

Posted Sun 03 May 09 @ 11:29 pm
Hey guys...

I need your help with mapping this Korg Zero 4 Live with VDJ...

I'm trying to mapped the Korg but it turned out its only mapped for the knob function and slider function...
for example, just like GAIN-HI-MID-LOW-SLIDER CHANNEL-CROSSFADER-EFFECTS VOLUME...
and its hard for me to maped the other function like PFL (very important) and assign all the effectc and sampler...

I really dunno...i'm sorry if i'm miss something but how do u mapped all the internal mixer on VDJ???

Is it only Gain-High-Mid-Low-Crossfader-Channel Slider-Effects/Sampler Volume? Or Korg can do more than that?
Can i use DNS1200 to controll the rest of the function???
Or do u guys know how to map it better than me?

FYI...i think if i put on AUDIO mode is more better than the rest...but i hate to use volume slider, but thats the only way to hear monitor it through the headphones...bcause i'm more into crossfader guys...

Thanks

Posted Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 9:55 pm
sorry for not posting for along time, I got mine to work but not the way I wanted, I have been playing Traktor alot and Zero 4 Rocks with Traktor. VDJ has lots of limitation and learning curve, I can't still get my midi to work.
I kindda came back to to mess with VDJ because I wanted to mix videos.
Anyone out there mixing videos with Korg Zero, if you are how did you set it up, my video files play like mp3's I can't see the picture only sound...

Thanks guy's

Posted Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 10:48 pm
See my previous posts on how to set up the mixer software. If you are having a specific problem, I'll try to help. The Zero4 mixer is very programmable. While I keep my setup very plain, I have experimented and was able to make some strange configurations.

VDJ will play videos without the mixer. Your first goal should be to get the videos going. Make sure you are using one of the video skins and that your video output is going to the "(window)". This is the most basic video setup you can use. At this point you will be able to tell if your videos will play in VDJ. After you get that to working, you can start adding in the mixer and mapping features.

I hope that helps.

----------------

If hutajuluv is still monitoring from Jul, check your Sound Setup in VDJ. Make sure you have External Mixer and ASIO selected. If that looks good, check my previous post about the mixer settings. In order for it to work right you may need to change these.

Posted Thu 31 Dec 09 @ 11:26 am
irun mine flawlessly with a bunch of midi commands. if you buy the program instead of using a cracked one you can get the mappers etc form the download section. heres a sample of what can be done with it.

Posted Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 12:39 pm
Nice video djsynystr. I still haven't come up with a layout that I'm comfortable with. Would you mind sharing your midi mappings with me?

Also, as djsynystr mentioned, don't use a hacked version. This is a really good piece of software that is priced lower than the competition. If you have the money to buy a Zero4 mixer, you should be able to buy the software too. The only way we can keep these guys coding updates and new features is to pay them.

Posted Sat 02 Jan 10 @ 7:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)