Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Another VDJ Controller, Denon DN-HS5500 w/Direct Drive TT - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 12:56 am
If denon is going to advertise they're products as VDJ compatable on VDJ's website.

Are they're Products shipping with an included xml midi mapped file?.

The 4500 is proving a pain in the butt for the mapping users and dev team.

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 2:23 am
Very nice. I was amazed that alpha (2 decks in 1 player) is back again. Connection two players together is another implementation I expected, but nice that you could just use 1 keyboard.
Ewout

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 4:35 am
we all know denon can make hardware - it is the compatibility with the software out there which is an issue. it is not cd that the djs are going to play but the dj software which is already out in the market. Denon controllers should be made with native support from/with atleast 1 full working software and not a half backed product like PCDJ Reflex LE.
Having bought 2 HC4500 and not being able to use them has made me a little bitter towards Denon and its attitude towards customers.

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 10:10 am
Does anyone know what this baby is going to cost?

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 10:10 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 11:17 am
I've noticed a trend from these hardware guys. They mention everybody and their mother, but not VDJ. Hey, if they have a favorite software that they like, it's OK. If they want to promote our competitors, that is fine. What we need to do is, support those that support us. It is that simple. They did not mention our software, in their little ad, so why are we supporting them?

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 1:18 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
A Man and His Music wrote :
I've noticed a trend from these hardware guys. They mention everybody and their mother, but not VDJ. Hey, if they have a favorite software that they like, it's OK. If they want to promote our competitors, that is fine. What we need to do is, support those that support us. It is that simple. They did not mention our software, in their little ad, so why are we supporting them?

Such an immature FANBOY attitude.

Most people on this board on this board don't have a stakeholder share in the virtualdj company - so I don't know when since other software became "our competitors". If you like the Denon Controller, its in your budget and it works great with virtual dj then buy it - if not, then don't buy it.
SIMPLE!

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 7:31 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
xgl_dj wrote :

Most people on this board on this board don't have a stakeholder share in the virtualdj company - so I don't know when since other software became "our competitors". If you like the Denon Controller, its in your budget and it works great with virtual dj then buy it - if not, then don't buy it.
SIMPLE!

Dude, you are so far off on this one it is not even funny. VirtualDJ has nothing to loose if this is a successful controller, truth be told it only enhances VDJ's market share if this controller works flawlessly WITH VDJ.

And, anyone who has frequented these boards on a regular basis KNOWS AMaHM is so NOT a FANBOY.

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 8:06 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :

SIMPLE!

Dude, you are so far off on this one it is not even funny. VirtualDJ has nothing to loose if this is a successful controller, truth be told it only enhances VDJ's market share if this controller works flawlessly WITH VDJ.

And, anyone who has frequented these boards on a regular basis KNOWS AMaHM is so NOT a FANBOY.

LOL .... another Fanboy... I don't care about vdj market share.
You total missed the point of my post...

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 8:41 pm
OK, then enlighten me....I guess I missed your positive input.

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 9:08 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
OK, then enlighten me....

Can't help you much more if you lack comprehension skills.......

TearEmUp wrote :
I guess I missed your positive input.

Yes! Postive input indeed.. I am who said:
xgl_dj wrote :
If you like the Denon Controller, its in your budget and it works great with virtual dj then buy it - if not, then don't buy it.

Compare that to:
A Man and His Music wrote :

If they want to promote our competitors, that is fine. What we need to do is, support those that support us. It is that simple. They did not mention our software, in their little ad, so why are we supporting them?

One is for getting the controller, the other is the opposite

If you STILL can't get the difference.... well.......

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 12:12 am
lol A Man and His Music easy! let denon do there thing that's the best company to get in the pcdjing war remember numark always make the first one,first cd first controller and denon come in and master it!.and if u look at thie site they don't call companys names.here • MIDI Interface Controller (PC/MAC)
The DN-S5500 is more than just player, it’s also designed to interface & control a variety of popular DJ programs that supports USB MIDI in/out interface, either by user custom mapping or direct native support by the software vendor. Control your favorite DJ software or your hard disk full of music all from one clever player

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 1:52 am
Denon is HERE at the VDJ forum, they read all the stuff, they post, they interact..

Think that explains quite well, how interested they are in VDJ and their users.
But to make it even clearer, they also have dialogue with VDJ Dev Team at times.

Why Denon choose to use PCDJ in their ad, and so on is also pretty clear... PCDJ has a few goodies comming that makes them interesting (Reflex, PCDJ VJ )... VDJ was out of the question, as VDJ has ties to Numark. Serato was out of the question, as Serato has ties to Rane.. etc,etc..

What we all as users SHOULD focus on, is the fact that Denon finally makes GREAT hardware for software DJs, making all of us have more professional choices for controllers....

So we all should give Denon a huge thanx for being interested in being part of the software DJ world, and its future ;)

And that new CD player with spinning deck looks AWESOME ;)

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 7:38 am
xgl_dj wrote :
Can't help you much more if you lack comprehension skills......

There is nothing wrong with my comprehensions skills. There is however something terribly wrong with your social skills, or lack there of.

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 8:32 am
Ok guys lets settle down.

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 11:40 am
thank u!

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 12:58 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The new controller looks awesome. LCD display is bit cluttered however.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 2:14 am
Well at least on this machine you can expand the display across the whole screen, so you can see a decent amount of track and artist detail.

As far as I know you still can't do that on the HD2500. The cramped screen on the 2500 put me off from the start.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 6:50 am
I like that Denon is making new and exciting things, But I wont purchase anything anymore that's not made for VDJ right out of the box.

I'm not a fanboy - but this is the software I've built my computer around, and formated my videos for, and so on and so on.....
I really like the DMC2, Open box, plug into usb port, click enable - and start DJ'ing. I can live with my old DAC2 at home for backup and internet adio use as well.

Personally hardware companies building all kinds of stuff and then expecting the users to make it work is starting to wear a little thin. To guarentee sales? - I'd have a least a mapper file ON CD or flashed onto the prom chip of the device to make it at least midi compatable right out of the box.

Open Box, Plug in, Click enable.

Denon might make better, cooler stuff But Numark made They're Products easier to use with VDJ.

Guess which one I bought?

Posted Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 12:28 pm
15%