Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can VDJ scan for KEY info?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm starting to learn about harmonic mixing and need to get the key for audio & video. Is there anyway VDJ can obtain this info without using another program?

If no, what are you using for audio & video files?

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 10:20 am
No, VDJ cannot scan the key of your files.

What most of us here use is Mixmeister. The demo will do all your scanning for you, and automatically update your MP3 files with the key.

http://www.mixmeister.com/download_mmstu7.html

VDJ will read the tags that Mixmeister creates, and show them in the key column as both the key and keycode. Which is nice :)

N.B There is no software that I know of that will analyse video files. You can either use an MP3 of the same song and analyse that in Mixmeister, and then update the video file accordingly, or manually work out the key on those songs.

Steve.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 4:03 pm
Thank you...but it's the "manual" part I'm trying to avoid...

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 4:08 pm
You'll only need to do your videos manually ;)

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 4:23 pm
I wish there was a sequencer view in VDJ as well that recorded the fader movements and things so you could go back and improve without doing entire mix again. Guess I'll take a look at that soft.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 8:51 pm
Hi!

I downloaded the trialversion of Mixmeister and it scanned my music library and it seems to find all the key-info and saves this info somewhere, because it shows up everytime I open Mixmeister. But my VDJ can´t read that info, besides from some rare cases, and there i have to open File info and klick the arrow under the Key-field. I´m not sure if Mixmeister writes it in the ID3-tags or not, or if it does, maby VDJ can´t read them properly.

What do I do wrong here? Any help would be nice, because it would be a greate help to have the key-info when I do the harmonic mixing. I didn´t know that VDJ could be able to pick up the key info from a nother program, so at first I started to copy it in mannually, but got bored...

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 1:58 am
Will VDJ also read key info inserted by Mixed In Key software?

Posted Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 8:17 am
RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have mixed in key and havent found a way to do it automaticly yet... other then putting it in the command or file fields, but of course i want it in the key field...

Posted Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 2:59 am
Ok, I marked every musicfile in the library and choose Reload Tag, that did the trick. I now have all my music with KEY info =o)

Posted Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 3:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)