Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: First crash ever! version 5

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey all,

I had my first crash since I started using VDJ tonight. Luckily, it was after last call, and I was about to play the last song anyway. and luckily the music kept playing.

Basically, I tried to search for something, and a dialogue box came up that said "sorting"... there was a button to cancel but that didn't do anything. I had to "control alt delete" to stop the program.

I had read about the problems with the database, so I turned off the comment reading, title/artist was on "only from file name", and cover was on don't search. I had turned on tag reading because I needed the bpm's of some of my songs. It lasted about 2 hours before the crash.

I was using a Dell XPS M1710, 2 gigs RAM, 2ghz core 2 duo, just running audio. With this machine, I thought I would have no problems, but I was surprised. I'm giong to turn off tag reading and see if that fixes anything. Just thought I would post here so people could see the problem.

Posted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 11:01 am
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Oh and I'm running Windows XP pro sp2 and using a Vestax VCI-100.

Posted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 11:03 am
I had the exact same problem last night. VDJ just froze up and I had to restart it.

Posted Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 6:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)