Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Issues with DJcontrol MP3 and Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

stsaftHome userMember since 2006
Dear all,

A bit lengthy but please bare with me.

I have bought a DJcontrol MP3 and was happy using VDJC version however two problems made me consider upgrading to VDJ Pro 5:
1) The limit to use only the 4.1 internal card
2) Not being able to change the level of sound of the headphones
3) A big audio problem: Everytime i will press the headphone button (monitor) the sound of the main output will go higher. More on this later.

I went and downloaded a demo of VDJ pro 5 to see if any of the above issues are solved and to consider for my live (mobile) gigs:
A) Well 1) is solved
B) Solved 2)
C) Not solved 3) . It still happens. However i was able to try VDJ w/o the controller and pressing the [1] [2] buttons on the app itself it happens again. So i knew its not the controller. I recorded an output of the VDJ (using the recording function) it didnt happen there. So i knew it had to do smth with the sound card. Also now if i have the controller connected, and a song playing on deck 1, nothing on deck two if i touch the jog wheel of deck 2 the sound level of the song on deck 1 is changing to higher.

All these are fine but my biggest grip is the following:
I cant assign effects on the fx buttons of the controller. With the VDJ console edition that was a drag and drop thing. I dont know about VDJ pro. There might be a solution with DJC mapper v5 from djcel but i cant try it b/c i dont have a license.

So know the questions are:
i) is there a way to assign the effects on VDJ 5 pro for the DJ control mp3 controller?
ii) is my audio problem a sound card issue. I am DJing on a DELL XPS 400, Pentium D, 3GB ram, 3x500gb HDs, two monitors and SigmaTel audio.

I am going to get a laptop soon and if i am goin to DJ with VDJ i need a Sound Card and a good controller. I think the xponent is the best solution out there. I have used xone 3d (way expensive) and Kontrol DJ (i dont think it works with VDJ). I love VDJ for showing the beat locations under the waveform. But if somethings dont change the xponent seems like a great choice.

Thank you,

Posted Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 5:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)