Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ5.0 rev 2 still has some old bugs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bug 1. certain mp3s longer than 23 minutes cannot be seek+played. They play fully if you press play then let it run to end, but if you try to seek past 23 minutes and then play, it runs for a little while with no sound, when the waveform is supposed to appear it stops playing and sets the song length to ~23 minutes instead of the original length. These files play normally in winamp/wmp so what gives...? It's not just couple random files but a lot from different sources.

I can provide a file which exhibits this provided with where to send.

bug 2. eq glitch. repro steps that make the glitch easy to hear: set directx sound output (I can get this to repro with asio4all in ver 5, with vdj 3.2 the glitch is almost inaudible with asio4all), then set Mix Station skin in Full mode so that you have the H,M,B EQ crossfaders. Now load some classical piano music wav ripped from cd with high dynamics so that you hear the piano but it's not loud. Start rapidly moving the Mid EQ fader from one end to another - every time it hangs for a short while in the middle position for around 50 - 100 ms and there's a glitch in the audio. Same is reproable with other eq faders/knobs and with only slowly changing the EQ but it can be harder to notice. This glitch also happens when switching master tempo on and off.

I can provide a WAV recording made using the VDJ recording function that recorded the glitches using both EQs and master tempo toggling very loud and clear when I was doing this. It was done on a Pentium M 1.5 Ghz/Vista. CPU usage was around 25% during this and changing power from balanced to high made no difference.

No changes in Settings affected the issues except the DX->asio in VDJ 3.2 which almost removed the eq glitch but not 100%.

bug/feature need: Can't record to wav or mp3 while broadcasting to shoutcast. I'd like ability to save my set in high quality while streaming in lower quality. (atleast not with MixStation skin)

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 10:31 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do you use a mixer and the line-in of a soundcard to record your mix?

If you do so, you can record your mix while broadcasting to shoutcast. Open two sessions of VDJ. The first will be for mixing and broadcasting. the second will only be for recording your mix, so leave it all the time minimized.

I don't know if this trick works when recording master output in VDJ and not line-in.

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 11:45 am
In v5.0 rev 4 these issues still occur. I've also tested on another machine with every piece of internal hardware being different incl sound chip.

With the new hardware the loud pops when EQ goes from +-0 to something that takes effect on the sound are even louder as it's better quality sound chip.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 6:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)