Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: AUTOMIX SHORTCUT (For those who miss the Automix button in skin...) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
MIX NOW SHORTCUT... : (Does Mix NOW)
For those who miss the Automix button in skin...
Much safer and better control now (mix is done to the good direction --> to the default deck witch normally is the next song)
------------------------------------------------------------------

ITS EASIER THAN YOU THINK....
example for the "space" key.
NOTE: the mix is done to the DEFAULT deck (normally your next song), if you want the other direction JUST SELECT the other deck as default, no more confusion as in previous versions.

CROSSFADE TO THE DEFAULT DECK+PLAY THE DEFAULT DECK
<sc key="space" action="auto_crossfade" />
<sc key="space" action="play" />

CROSSFADE TO THE DEFAULT DECK+PLAY THE DEFAULT DECK+SYNC/TEMPO MATCH
<sc key="space" action="play" />
<sc key="space" action="sync" />

This is the actual text from the "shortcuts.xml" file
Either edit yours and copy/paste this text there, or just create the same in the Options ->keyboard shortcuts page.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 12:29 pm
AN IMPORTANT NOTE:
As i said this does MIX NOW, "Automix" is another action that starts automating mixing in one deck..
I hope it is CLEAR now.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 12:40 pm
First of all, I would like to apologize for the posting in different threads, Apopsis if you are a moderator maybe you can delete the other posts, this thread seems like the correct one to discuss this.

Now, back on topic.

The order of the macro is important, I tried the ones you posted above they does not seem to work for me.

Below is the order I found worked for me:

First disable automix on the deck that is playing
<sc key="space" action="automix" chan="active" value="0" />

The select the other deck
<sc key="space" action="select" chan="active" />

Start the other deck
<sc key="space" action="play" value="auto" />

Sync the other deck
<sc key="space" action="sync_nocbg" />

And crossfade it

Enable automix on the other deck
<sc key="space" action="automix" chan="active" value="1" />

It seems that the automix command enables automix on the deck that has the crossfader "majority"(if the crossfader is to the left or right), as far as I can determine it does not care which deck is active.

Of course, it is possible to do the enabling manually after the mix is done simply by clicking the Automix after the crossfader has moved to the other deck.(Or using another shortkey for the "<sc key="space" action="automix" chan="active" value="1" /> ")

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 12:57 pm
You still doing it more difficult than it is....
FIRST for the confusion:
AUTOMIX and AUTO_CROSSFADE(+PLAY+SYNC) [i call this "mixnow"]
are 2 different commands.

-Automix is the automated mix of the playlist on one deck.
LET this out of this thread, -we're trying to make things clear-
(@mods, please rename the thread as Mixnow shortcut, instead Automix shortcut)

We are talking here about this scenario:
You have a song playing.
Then you load the next song, this will also change the "default" deck.
(In def skin you can see the [1] blue, or the [2] red highlighted.

Now press the spacebar.
(I suppose you have created the shortcut described in the first message.
Cant be any key, better find a key not already assigned, as spacebar can be already assigned in the default shortcuts.)

The default deck will start playback and the crossfader will move to the default deck.
If for some reason you want to mix again to the first deck (normally you don't), just select the first deck as default again and press "space" again..

I hope it is clear now !

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 1:41 pm
Yes, I know that AUTOMIX and AUTO_CROSSFADE are 2 different commands.

I am trying to combine the two in order to recreate how the preV5-automix worked by first doing the MIXNOW and then setup the AUTOMIX so that VDJ will continue with the playlist on that deck that the AUTO_CROSSFADE changed to.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 2:01 pm
I see, i've asked for a better way to select on what deck the Automix (playlist) will start, but considered as not necessary...
I'll see if this can change in the future: to start the automix in the default deck.

But you can do the opposite, if you first start automix on one deck and then do mixnow, you can just pause the "automix" deck and continue it later.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 2:18 pm
Absolutely, of course this is possible. Then I would be forced(*gasp*) to mix in the automix deck manually(*doublegasp*). I am just trying to automate it as fas as possible and use the new automix engine(which I am very satisfied with by the way) :)

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 2:30 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Here is the text from the future FULL User Guide for V5 --

Shortcut Macro

A shortcut macro is the process of assigning multiple actions to the same key or key combination. The power of the macro comes from the order they are listed. So open the Configuration dialog and select the Keyboard Shortcuts tab.

Here is an example of a highly request macro that provides a ‘Mix Now’ capability.

The actions to be used are auto_crossfade, play, and select and assigned to the Space bar for activation.

• auto_crossfade – moves the crossfader
  • play – activates the play of the track
  • select – changes which deck is now the active deck

To build the macro, add the auto_crossfade action first. Select the Add button to get the action dialog. Hit the ‘Space’ bar to add that to the Key section. Choose the ‘all’ in the left list, then ‘auto_crossfade’ from the middle list. Use the drop-down and select ‘on active deck’. Then click OK.

Repeat this process for ‘play’ and ‘select’ and be sure to choose the ‘on active deck’ from the drop-down option. The ‘play’ and ‘select’ options can be found in the ‘deck controls’ option of the left list.

Now once OK is click for adding each of those actions, VirtualDJ will provide a dialog that states ‘This shortcut is already assigned. Click Yes to add the new shortcut and build up macros. Click No to replace the previous shortcut.’ Click ‘Yes’ to build up the macro.

And once each item is added, click ‘OK’ at the bottom of the Configuration dialog and test shortcut.

In this example the ‘Space’ bar was used and is not the required key in order to make it work. Any key or key combination can be used as long as all actions are assigned to that key. Also, remember the power is in the order of the actions. If this macro is configured in a different order the results of functionality can differ.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 4:19 pm
skell11PRO InfinityMember since 2006
follow cstoll's directions here, took a newbie about 30 seconds and I had my "auto mix" button back except it was even easier just hit the space bar! Thanks cstoll!

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 4:37 pm
except you still have to manually load the song in the opposite deck...then hit the space bar...just a note i noticed..thanks for info it does work, but more of a deck changer than anything...still only uses one side but you can mix to the other side if you manually load a song...

Posted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 4:20 pm
blackvelvetus wrote :
except you still have to manually load the song in the opposite deck...then hit the space bar...just a note i noticed..

You always had to load the track first. This is for when NOT USING AUTOMIX. IF you want an immediate mix to occur in Automix, just double click the track in the playlist.

Posted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 4:23 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
So, which is the right code to use? I'm not good at this.

Posted Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 8:40 pm
They are all right.

Use the method for creating the shortcut in the Config->Keyboard Shortcuts tab.

Posted Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 8:47 pm
"follow cstoll's directions here, took a newbie about 30 seconds and I had my "auto mix" button back except it was even easier just hit the space bar! Thanks cstoll!"

Can somebody write the code using the space bar for me so all I have to do it copy and paste? Both ways (just fade and one with fade/beatmatch,).

Posted Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 9:37 pm
Go into the Keyboard shortcut and follow my instructions.

You can not assign 2 different styles as you requested to 1 key. You will need to use 2 different key choices - Space for the first one and maybe Ctrl+Space for the second one.

To do the 2nd option of a fade with beatmatch after adding the 'play' option add a 'sync' option from the 'deck controls' list. Again, make sure it's for the active deck.

However if you must see the code

the AutoMix
<sc key="space" action="auto_crossfade" chan="active" />

<sc key="space" action="play" chan="active" />
<sc key="space" action="select" chan="active" />

the AutoMix with BeatMatch
<sc key="ctrl+space" action="auto_crossfade" chan="active" />

<sc key="ctrl+space" action="play" chan="active" />
<sc key="ctrl+space" action="sync" chan="active" />
<sc key="ctrl+space" action="select" chan="active" />

Posted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 2:43 am
Now is this (the aBOVE INSTRUCTIONS) doing what the automix button up on top of the sKINs used to do - which was really "mix now", or is it doing what the little circle by the playlist used to do-enable automix-continuous play from left to right w/o having to touch anything?

Posted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 4:17 am
It's a MIXNOW solution that was at the top of most skins.

Posted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 4:50 am
Thanks, that works fine!!

Posted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 2:28 pm
Forgive me in advance is this has been covered... I had followed the instructions and it worked with Space Bar... Now in the latest release we can right click Automix and get the same effect.... Is there any way to use 2 decks for automix again yet?

Thanks,

Vin.

Posted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 2:01 am
If you are using the V-mix or MixLab skins - I think DJ Format added that into the skins. Skin actions only become available if the skinners codes the skin. And from what I have of the latest Rev2 - the standard VirtualDJ skins do not have the right-click action. It's only been reported in the Latest MixLab and I think V-Mix skins.

Posted Tue 04 Sep 07 @ 3:14 am
87%