Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 5 - Filter Folder Tricks - Page: 5

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

copy and paste into notepad

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 5:22 pm

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 6:08 pm
For some reason when I play a song on my VDJ it already starts the filter effect without me activating it.. and I know its not what the track is supposed to sound like.. I downloaded a filter bundle from this website. I have a hurcules rmx and the VDJ 5 but Im using the 20 day pro version. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!!

Posted Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 2:24 am
JJWardPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Im sorry for dragging up an old thread, but this is bugging me beyond belief. I am trying to create a filter that would look something like this:

year>=1980 and year<1990 OR year="80s"

but i continue to get a syntax error no matter how i try to configure the filter. I have a HUGE collection of music that i have been amassing since 1983 when i was 10. My 80's catalog is tagged in several different ways. Many of them have the year in the id3 tag filled out properly, while others it just says "80s". I REALLY would like to be able to filter all of them into the same folder, as I have recently started doing a regular 80s night and due to high demand, i need to bring another dj on staff to handle the additional load. I feel much more comfortable being able to do it through filtering rather than having to retag literally 25,000+ songs. Even with tag and rename this will be an enormous undertaking.

I really appreciate any help you guys can give. These forums are a huge part of why Virtualdj is the best out there.

Posted Thu 20 Jun 13 @ 11:08 pm
year contain "80"
maybe a solution?

Posted Fri 21 Jun 13 @ 12:36 am
JJWard wrote :
year>=1980 and year<1990

Although it comes up with a syntax error, the script does work in the current version. Simply ignore the syntax error and create the folder you will see that it functions as intended.

On a side note: this topic deals with filter folders in version 5 (which is no longer supported). If you continue to struggle with filter folders, please consider creating your own thread.

Thread Closed

Posted Fri 21 Jun 13 @ 8:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)