Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cue VS Rane - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ALI11CUE userMember since 2006
i've been noticing that alot of the profesional dj's are using rane serato scratch live. where does cue rank itself with rane is cue as good?

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 8:41 pm
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I use both, the big guys use serato because of the same reason people use protools.
It was one of the first programs of it's kind, so it has got it's foot in the door first.

3 negatives to the serato program is that it dose not run on Vista, it dose not count BPMs (you have to put them in yourself) and if you want to use TCCDs you need to run Mac if you want it to proform at it's best. It has some glitches with TCCDs on some players using a PC.

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 8:53 pm
ok i guess i'll stick with cue. but it is so unreliable for me i tried every setting but it still freezes when it wants to i have 120 on board hard drive with 50% left on it i guess maybe i need an external one now

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 9:03 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try this

go to performances

set to fastest

autolatency

untick safe and overclock

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 9:05 pm
i had that setting already the only thing i didn't have it on auto latency i had it on 1024. my laptop specs are 2 gigs of ram, amd turion 56 dual core process, 120 gig hd. my op is media center editon i know it sucks but they said it will work

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 9:25 pm
KregCZ wrote :
3 negatives to the serato program is that it dose not run on Vista, it dose not count BPMs (you have to put them in yourself) and if you want to use TCCDs you need to run Mac if you want it to proform at it's best. It has some glitches with TCCDs on some players using a PC.

Man, where do you get your information? Need to get rid of your connect.

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 10:50 pm
Mantahoe wrote :
KregCZ wrote :

Man, where do you get your information? Need to get rid of your connect.

Yeah, none of those are issues anymore with SSL...

Posted Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 11:56 pm
ALI11 wrote :
i've been noticing that alot of the profesional dj's are using rane serato scratch live. where does cue rank itself with rane is cue as good?

By saying professional DJ's I'm assuming you mean Famous, Big Name DJ's. I would say they use SSL because they usaully are remarkable Turntablists. Scratch Live is great for DJ's who got tired of carrying record crates to gigs and want the next best thing. The response to SSL and Timecode (Vinyl or CD's) 'I believe' is unmatched by any other Digital DJ solution. Virtual DJ is more user friendly and also great product. VDJ has alot more features, plugins, skins...ect. Plus you can play music videos!

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 12:04 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I think you guys will probably find a lot of the famous DJ's use what they get given free, and once they've learnt how to use it, they'll probably stick with what they know.

I imagine all the big names were given the software and hardware by the marketing people, and obviously it worked, hence this topic.

The truth is how does anyone know the reason why someone else chooses something, unless you ask them.

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 12:08 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :

The response to SSL and Timecode (Vinyl or CD's) 'I believe' is unmatched by any other Digital DJ solution.

I'm "sorry" to inform you, but with a MAC and the Virtual Vinyl soundcard, VDJ/CUE/VV has a much better response and tracking than Serato.
Hook them up side by side and compare...you'll be amazed by how good the VV software/hardware combination sounds and responds at 1ms...

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 12:41 am
k_one wrote :
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :

The response to SSL and Timecode (Vinyl or CD's) 'I believe' is unmatched by any other Digital DJ solution.

I'm "sorry" to inform you, but with a MAC and the Virtual Vinyl soundcard, VDJ/CUE/VV has a much better response and tracking than Serato.
Hook them up side by side and compare...you'll be amazed by how good the VV software/hardware combination sounds and responds at 1ms...

<------ I have both...and a Macbook Pro. Hence the 'I believe'.

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 12:54 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
VV tracks better than serrato?

someone needs to tell me how to set up my TCV properly and what i need to buy to get that. cant say i agree from what ive seen if im honest. does having a VV box change performance that much?

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 1:49 am
I do believe that VDJ is a superior product as a whole though. You can customize it for your preference. Different soundcards, skins, effects, VIDEO...and so on. I actually boot Virtual Vinyl (VDJ) in Windows XP with Bootcamp on my Mac (for the video portion). I did try it in the booting in Mac OS X playing mp3's and was quite surprised with the performance. I don't think I would say better, but def playing in the same league for latency. I'm also not a turntablist. But to answer the orginal question on why highly recognized (professional as he put it) DJ's use SSL, I believe its because of the response with TCV and the high standard SSL set. They don't need all the bells and whistles. VDJ is just starting to get recognized as the great product it is, at least in the US. Maybe in part to the DJ communities excitement in video. Maybe in part to Numark. I just wished the Mac version was as great on the video side as the Windows version. Hopefully in time it will be...

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 7:22 am
k_one wrote :
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :

nah man I can't see that. sorry but no. just the sound engine alone (put aside timecode) doesn't stand up to serato (sound quality wise) i dunno where some of you get your ears....I'm just glad I don't have them.

tracking wise....i haven't used the 3rd gen....but again its one of those things i have to feel to believe. some users here know what they're saying....then the others have no clue but just spit out whats on the top of their head.

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 8:35 am
funkturnal wrote :
k_one wrote :
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :

nah man I can't see that. sorry but no. just the sound engine alone (put aside timecode) doesn't stand up to serato (sound quality wise) i dunno where some of you get your ears....I'm just glad I don't have them.

tracking wise....i haven't used the 3rd gen....but again its one of those things i have to feel to believe. some users here know what they're saying....then the others have no clue but just spit out whats on the top of their head.

Thats real

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 9:19 am
funkturnal wrote :
k_one wrote :
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :

Then I think you need to try the 3rd gen vinyl before you speak.
Having an opinion you can't back up with facts is just plain ignorant.

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 10:56 am
Dj Xeo wrote :
VV tracks better than serrato?

someone needs to tell me how to set up my TCV properly and what i need to buy to get that. cant say i agree from what ive seen if im honest. does having a VV box change performance that much?

That's my experience with MAC. On PC I think Serato still has the upper hand. (Then again, the PC I'm using is getting kinda old, so thath might be it)

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 11:10 am
Btw, Funkturnal, I didn't mean to say that you personally are ignorant..hehe..was thinking that in general, it's not always so wise to speak on a subject you can't possibly know anything about.

If I had a "freakin' " video camera, I'd record a A-B test session with Serato and VV and post for everybody to see...
(I might just try to do that...)

I do think you will be pleasently surprised by the 3rd gen vinyls man...you should def. check them out.

Btw, are you using MAC or PC?

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 11:15 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sounds like you may not need your ssl anymore - Let me know if you are selling it..

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 11:27 am
like i said in the previous post "put aside timecode" serato's sound engine alone sounds better then vdj hands down. using 3rd gen vinyl won't fix that. so i'm speaking on expierience. i obviously still use vdj. but no one can say its sounds better. thats like saying 128k mp3 sounds as good as a 192k mp3 (not even close)

using the 3rd gen vinyls....ehhh....i have no problem tracking with the 2gen. i would rather see some changes done to the software itself that you can see that I've explained in my previous post.

Posted Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 4:08 pm
17%