Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NO Mapper for Numark Total Control

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Could someone please create a Mapper for Numark Total Control..
It didn’t come with a Mapper.. I even installed Cue to see if they put it in there Control Device folder but nothing..

Posted Tue 15 May 07 @ 7:29 pm
i dont think that you need a mapper for make it work.
just enable it on remote control settings.
they have add total control in v 4.3

Posted Tue 15 May 07 @ 10:02 pm
yes it work fine but I'd like to change one or to buttons

Posted Tue 15 May 07 @ 11:00 pm
@ paulettecerra

does the scratch button turn the jogs to scratch dials and back to jog dials?

Posted Tue 15 May 07 @ 11:48 pm
yes you can with the push of a button.. The buttons are nice

Posted Tue 15 May 07 @ 11:52 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The current SDK does not provide an interface for writing a custom mapper for the Total Control unit. However, since the device is a MIDI device, you may be able to uncheck the controller's native setup option and check the MIDI option and program the different functions that way. ** NOTE you would have to associate all of the buttons, faders and alike in the MIDI config section. **

I don't have the unit, so I am only basing my suggestion on the fact that it is a MIDI device.

Posted Wed 16 May 07 @ 12:24 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i agree with cstol it should work like that :)

Posted Wed 16 May 07 @ 10:59 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
rest assured they will have a mapper soon

Posted Thu 17 May 07 @ 1:41 am
Dj Xeo wrote :

Can't build what doesn't exist. As I said, it's a MIDI device if you what to customize the controller you will need to use the MIDI config in the Remote Control panel. There is your custom mapper.

Posted Thu 17 May 07 @ 1:45 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
cstoll wrote :
Dj Xeo wrote :

Can't build what doesn't exist. As I said, it's a MIDI device if you what to customize the controller you will need to use the MIDI config in the Remote Control panel. There is your custom mapper.

@cstoll
Currently yes you don't have the SDK to make it but it doesn't mean that it's not possible. We just need to add the parameters in the SDK.

Posted Thu 17 May 07 @ 1:53 am
:~) Never said impossible. Just want people to know that there is a way to customize the controller now and not to wait on a specialized mapper interface. Since the comment was made about 'soon' :~)

Posted Thu 17 May 07 @ 2:11 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Out of curiosity - what would you want to change, anyway?

Posted Thu 17 May 07 @ 6:12 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I would add a "Bump" or "Nudge" for beat matching. The unit does not come with a native nudge feature.

Posted Thu 17 May 07 @ 10:32 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I always use the jogwheels for that, I'm ok not having it. I should have mine here tomorrow for testing and support ;)

Posted Thu 17 May 07 @ 10:57 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
DJ Cyder wrote :
I always use the jogwheels for that, I'm ok not having it. I should have mine here tomorrow for testing and support ;)

exactly, jogs are way better for beat matching, unless you grew up with bend buttons and you cant get used to jogs???

Posted Thu 17 May 07 @ 11:01 pm
Dj Xeo wrote :
DJ Cyder wrote :

exactly, jogs are way better for beat matching, unless you grew up with bend buttons and you cant get used to jogs???

I agree but to be able to change the resistance in the jog wheel to one feel..

I think everything is setup pretty well.. A couple of buttons to presetting loops would be good to..

Posted Thu 17 May 07 @ 11:41 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Dj Xeo wrote :
DJ Cyder wrote :

Actually I grew up with 12" LPs, where we used our fingers to either drag a TT down or speed them up (Dont aks how it is a long descrition) I like the button and leave the wheel on scratch, it helps me get to a point I am looking for faster that way.

@Paul you can go to the different cue points buy hitting the pause button more than once.

Posted Fri 18 May 07 @ 12:09 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It would be nice if it had just a couple of additional "spare and user programmable" buttons, perhaps.

I'm thinking a simple USB keypad could come in handy for that. ;)

Posted Sat 19 May 07 @ 8:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)