Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mapping jog wheels for Vestax VCI-100 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Naw, can't get it to work. It doesn't do anything at all.

A

Posted Mon 28 May 07 @ 7:47 pm
I will receive my VCI tomorrow, I don't know why atomix don't give native support for VCI, lot of people is buying VCI, we must use traktor :-(

Posted Mon 28 May 07 @ 7:59 pm
I'm sure VDJ will be on board soon, after the VCI is already configured for Traktor, Deckadance, and expected to be usable very soon with Torq and SSL and Mixvibes. It would be a shame if VDJ dropped out of the competition.

A

Posted Mon 28 May 07 @ 8:30 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
asymptote wrote :
Naw, can't get it to work. It doesn't do anything at all.

A

Are you sure? You should have a little scratch with relative and a value of 32 768 because i can reproduce it on dj console mk2
I will verify the values returned by the jog in the user guide.

Posted Tue 29 May 07 @ 3:33 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The jog is touch sensor so the MIDI CC is not the same if you press the jog or not (MIDI Note and MIDI Control change)

Posted Tue 29 May 07 @ 3:48 pm
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djcel wrote :
The jog is touch sensor so the MIDI CC is not the same if you press the jog or not (MIDI Note and MIDI Control change)

I tried this with my Xone 3D (I assume it should work with that too)

And it does nothing to fix the problem. The speed of the scrolling slows down or speeds up but it will still only scroll/scratch forwards, so if i move the Jog to the right it slowly scrolls forwards and if i move it to the left it just goes forwards again only much faster.

I tried all the settings you put above. Can Atomix not contact both Allen & Heath and Vestex to get demo models of the hardware to map it to, or to find a solution to the problem.

Posted Wed 30 May 07 @ 11:58 am
HI All

Yes, I have the same problem, it just goes forwards whichever way I turn the jog wheel. Vestax are liasing with many software companies to make their controller work. Check it out here. http://www.vestax.com/v/products/players/vci100_b.html

In my case I can't justify spending a lot of time getting VDJ to work with the Vestax. I'm getting like the many others who have the vestax and will reluctantly be forced to use with other software. The interrest that the VCI 100 is causing when I play out is phenomenal.

A

Posted Wed 30 May 07 @ 2:53 pm
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
asymptote wrote :
HI All

Yes, I have the same problem, it just goes forwards whichever way I turn the jog wheel. Vestax are liasing with many software companies to make their controller work. Check it out here. http://www.vestax.com/v/products/players/vci100_b.html

In my case I can't justify spending a lot of time getting VDJ to work with the Vestax. I'm getting like the many others who have the vestax and will reluctantly be forced to use with other software. The interrest that the VCI 100 is causing when I play out is phenomenal.

A
Yeah mate I'm the same I think we are all being patient but its getting hard not to port over to other software now. If that ends up happening it will be a real pity.

Posted Wed 30 May 07 @ 3:36 pm
I'm sure it will only take a little time and therre will be an update or a mapper to make it OK. Hope so, but if not it will be a shame.

A

Posted Wed 30 May 07 @ 10:23 pm
rashonxHome userMember since 2007
Asymptote why are u having us download the file from atomix why havent you just given us a link.
a lot of us are trying to find the right software to use with our controllers we cant buy and register on every software site that claims to work with the vci
could you please please post a link.
the big boys obviously dont care. and it almost makes it seem as though your part of their compony when u send us to a page w e have to pay and register for
please help

Posted Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 11:00 pm
I can't get TRAKTOR 2 to recognize my VCI-100 and I can't get VDJ to recognize it. Is there a software I can get that DOES work with the controller?

Posted Thu 04 Jan 18 @ 1:34 am
stangates wrote :
I can't get TRAKTOR 2 to recognize my VCI-100 and I can't get VDJ to recognize it. Is there a software I can get that DOES work with the controller?

It's natively supported in VDJ so that should just work

The most common problem is probably with the Vestax drivers for the unit, if there is a problem with the driver install or if they aren't installed at all. If that is the case then VDJ (or other dj software) don't have anything to talk to

Posted Thu 04 Jan 18 @ 6:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)