Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: external mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello everyone,
im not sure if this problem should be in this discussion. well anyway, i've connected my hercules mk2 to an external mixer and there's a loud humming or grounded sound coming out. i did the right configuration but the unnecessary sound is still there....can somebody help me please....cheers

Posted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 1:38 am
i tried to fix the problem myself but still didnt work right. well, i got an adaptor for the mk2console but the noise is still there. i accidentally unplugged my laptop from the mains and the noise was gone... but i need to plug-in my laptop and also need to use an external mixer....please...anybody there to help me?

Posted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 4:26 pm
- how does the MK2 gets the power?
-- use a external adapter or a usb hub (whit its own power supply)
-- don't expect much power of the USB from laptop

Posted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 4:29 pm
DJ3454Home userMember since 2006
ok . plz don't ask me about the serial thing cuz i had pb with ! anyway i wanted to ask how would i know that the hercules is taking power from the adapter ! ?

Posted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 11:32 pm
i have thought about that, because there is no indication of any power on the console when the adapter is plugged in. im trying everything to get rid of this buzzing noise. well, i am just waiting for my usb hub to come through and we will see. cheers

Posted Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 9:00 pm

Posted Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 8:59 pm
use a three prung ground isolater on your lap top power cord .it took the hum out for me. a groun isolater is a littlel gray adapter that goes on the tip of your power cord .

Posted Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 2:09 pm
i have used the usb hub already but it didnt work right, it still the same. also i've tried the tape, wrapped around the plug but still didnt work. well, i will try the ground isolator, just looking on the net where i can get it.

Posted Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 5:15 pm
does anybody think that there is something wrong with my laptop cord???

Posted Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 5:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)