Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Unable to install mac version of VDJ - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

dj sykoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i downloaded and tried to install the dmg file. so far no luck. what gives? has ANYONE been able to install this within MAC OS X? (not a mac-intel running parallels)

Posted Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 1:30 pm
I downloaded the dmg file. Once mounted the dmg i get a file called Install VirtualDJ v4.mpkg.
i double click on it and the apple installation prog opens, nothing more. No installation start, nothing. Even opened the package but nothing that let's me install.

I'm trying on a Double Processor PowerPC G5 with 2Gb ram and Mac Os X version 10.3.9

The dmg file mounts perfectly, but cannot do more.

Posted Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 2:37 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its a image file (like .rar or .zip on Windows) try this

Click on the .dmg file> in the Finder go to File> get info> in the pop-up menu go to open with and choose DiskImageMounter> be sure to click on Change All to make this your .dmg default application.

should now load it ?

Posted Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 2:39 pm
ok in finder check that for the mpkg

"Apple installer " is the defualt program for running these files

Posted Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 5:01 pm
when i double click on the mpkg file apple installer opens. That's not the problem. The problem is that nothing happens after that. No installation process, nothing.

Posted Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 5:58 pm
ok i was able to 'install' VDJ on my mac powerbook (NOT A MAC WITH INTEL). thanks for the help on that, however no one has answered the question "is this for macs only with intel or for ALL macs running OS X without an intel chip? when i double-clicked on the iteem in applications after the install nothing happened-VDJ did not launch-i re-installed and still nothing. has ANYONE installed and has VDJ running on their mac desktop or laptop without intel?

Posted Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 11:35 pm
it should work on both naturaly it will work better on the intel dual cores:)

Posted Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 11:37 pm
skyfxl do you have it installed on a mac without intel or are you saying it 'should' work. i've tried again but no luck. i give up until an update that fixes the bugs comes out. i was very exited at the prospect for the mac platform but i guess i'll have to wait a while longer to run VDJ on my mac.

Posted Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 11:57 pm
I'm havin exactly same problem on G4 MAC Mini with OS X (10.3.9). I downloaded the disk image file, it mounts fine, inside there is the installer package Install VirtualDJ v4.3.mpkg, which seems to be faulty: Installler cannot open it (whether you doubleclick it, drag it to Installer or use Installer File menu to open it)...

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 12:44 am

Think the reason is simple, it needs AT LEAST Osx 10.4

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 12:46 am
dj syko wrote :
skyfxl do you have it installed on a mac without intel or are you saying it 'should' work. i've tried again but no luck. i give up until an update that fixes the bugs comes out. i was very exited at the prospect for the mac platform but i guess i'll have to wait a while longer to run VDJ on my mac.

im getting one ~:)

asp

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 10:29 am
dj-in-norway you may have a point my version of OS X IS 10.3.9. why has VDJ made this distinction in system requirement? i have been able to install but the application doesn't launch. i'll have to try it under 10.4x however they can save a lot of people some time by stating the system requirements for using on a mac beforehand.

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 1:20 pm
Ive downloaded the file twice but disk mounter keeps tellin me that the file does not mount because it is not recognized. i have a macbook pro, anyone else having this same prob?

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 2:01 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What version on os x you have?

As far being on Jaguar, you should really upgrade to tiger.( nah i take it back, perhaps you should wait till leapord released) Bigger difference in application support. I have many application ready for Leopard already.

Personally I am NOT suprised they dont support 10.3...

But they should post requirements for the mac version.

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 2:42 pm
see the post above by skyfxl. it worked and allowed me to install but the application didn't work. still troubleshooting.

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 2:43 pm
im using 10.4, and diskimagemounter is saying it is not recognized

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 6:29 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
diablo_digital wrote :
Ive downloaded the file twice but disk mounter keeps tellin me that the file does not mount because it is not recognized. i have a macbook pro, anyone else having this same prob?

How are you downloading, via safari?

If so try to download via firefox or camino. I have seen this issue before.

Try to open a console and goto the directory where the file is located. run the command

ls -al

and post you directory output here. Perhaps there is an extension on the name..

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 6:33 pm
i downloaded it using firefox. ill try the console command and see what happens

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 9:22 pm
hey guys, i redownloaded the file today and this time it mounted fine and installed without problems. the only prob i have now is the filename problem that i see a few others are having. thanks a lot for the help :)

Posted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 8:22 pm
Yea .. they released a new download, but still has the same problem with the fonts. I saw on here that the development team are out of town for a show to release another product. They will be back Sunday to correct the problem... and Im in the US ... this is on the other side of the world .. lol so for me, it's tomorrow? cuz you guys are a day ahead? Im US Eastern Time

Posted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 8:25 pm
69%