Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: New skin: Hercules DJ Control mp3 based skin - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi,

I just started on my first Virtual DJ skin.
As I didn't found any decent Hercules DJ Control mp3/MKII based skin, I decided to make my own.

My skin is based on the Hercules DJ Control Mp3, but has a separate console for each deck.
This skin size will be 1280x960, but I think I will also make a 1280x1024 and a 1024x786 version if there is some interest for this.
The skin will be designed for Virtual Dj v3.4 (the version used with the Hercules console), but later on I might update it for v4+)

I only started today, so I still have a lot of work to do. I hope it will be finished in a couple of weeks.

Here is a first image of what it is going to look like. No butons, sliders, ... yet :-)

Click to Enlarge Image

Feel free to comment. And if you like to test it, let me know. I wil send you a test version whenever I have something usefull (hopefully in a couple of weeks).

Posted Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 8:58 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i like ur a hero :)

please do it in 1024x786 aslo as this is a popular size for console users who are starting out :)

Posted Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 11:07 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
1280x800 is a great format too.

Posted Thu 22 Mar 07 @ 7:39 am
A quick update on what it is going to look like.
Dont mind the quality, I just did some copy-paste work :-)
And off course I need to add some more buttons, so I'm probably going to make the final buttons smaller than the ones in this screenshot

Feel free to comment

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 12:24 am
anyone working on MK2 version?

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 3:11 pm
Still working on the skin.
Most of the time I have been busy creating the buttons, sliders, ... so all graphical elements.
For some reason I didn't like the red color in the displays anymore, so I switched to black.

As always, feedback and suggestions are more than welcome.

Posted Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 3:39 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I like the rhythm window and the bright waves, i'd like to see it in action. I would keep the background dark as it has a more professional look.

Posted Wed 28 Mar 07 @ 4:09 pm
I need some help!

What is the action when you press the Cue button on the Hercules DJ Console?

I cant seem to get this to work in my skin. My xml is is:
<button action="cue_stop" chan="1">
<size width="42" height="68"/>
<pos x="39" y="396"/>
<over x="39" y="396"/>
<down x="1082" y="1235"/>
<selected x="1082" y="1235"/>
<clipmask x="1082" y="1301" />
</button>

When I press the Cue button on my console, nothing happens in the skin.
So what I want is my skin show a lit cue button whenever the Cue button on my console is lit.

How can I do this?

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 12:08 pm
I need some more help ! :-)

I have put the scratch disk on my skin. I want this disc to turn whenever I use the scratch disc on my console. But I DONT want this disk to turn when the music is playing.

I have been playing around, but unsuccesful.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Posted Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 1:39 pm
good.

Posted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 1:59 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
meanyman

i agree with you, the black has more eye candy appeal..nice one ....Tayla

Posted Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 8:05 pm
Updated !

Deck 1 is (almost) ready. Some more tweaks, fixes and fine-tunes.

As always, feedback and comments are welcome.

Posted Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 9:36 pm

loving the progress ;) might end up as a real nice skin

Good work

Posted Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 3:00 am
Hmm,

it looks like that free image host is down alot. So here is the screenshot again uploaded to a different host. I hope it works better now.

Click to Enlarge Image

Posted Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 6:34 pm
That looks very nice! hope you manage to sort out your programming problems, fraid I haven't really got a clue so I can't help.

Good luck though!

:)

Posted Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:28 am
I updated the display on the deck (see picture below).

Please give some feedback/comment if you like it or not...

Posted Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 11:28 pm
i think it looks pretty cool, the volume is actually the pitch i guess right? because you already have a gain knob, and the progress bar looks good but i'd perfer the full waves and not just a bar. Thats just me but i do think it looks good.

Posted Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 3:42 am
Thank you.

No, gain and volume is something different. Gain is used to make sure both songs have the same loudness at the same volume level.
Gain is a button I added, it is not present on the Hercules Console

And, as strange as it may be, the pitch is a knob, like on the Hercules Console.

Question: is it possible to have full waves as progress bar in VDJ 3.4 Console edition? Cause I like that better too, but couldnt find how to do it.

Posted Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 7:52 am
No sorry, that was added in 4.0

Yours looks good like that though. I only mentioned the pitch because do you think if anyone was using the skin with a mouse only could they use the pitch on a knob as well as a slider?

Posted Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 4:21 pm
Yeah, I agree about the pitch. I have been thinking about it too. But I have to make a choice: stick as close as possible to the console, or make a pitch slider.

In the first release of my skin, I'm gonna stick as close as possible to the console: so a knob for the pitch. And I'll (try to) configure it so that leftclick are small pitch changes and right click bigger pitch changes... that should make it possible to use only the mouse.

Posted Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 5:50 pm
74%