Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Im Ticked Off!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My computer is acting up! Like i said in another post, i have not installed any new crap in it, defraged, cleaned up HD, followed skyfxl's guide to stop non-crucial processes, and nothing!
When i play samples on VDJ the song playing pauses/stops for a fraction of a second.
I burned a CD using Nero and its skipping all over the place, i then burned a mix recorded with VDJ (burnt on nero) and it sound perfect no skips, but i cannot burn MP3s straight from my HD without skips.
What the hell is wrong with my laptop?

Posted Sat 17 Mar 07 @ 3:26 am
Any help would be greatly apreciated

Posted Sat 17 Mar 07 @ 8:25 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
whats ur spec?

and have u runa bootime degrag recently if not check out

www.diskkeeper.com

Posted Sat 17 Mar 07 @ 9:30 pm
that page is down

Posted Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 3:44 pm

Posted Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 3:46 pm
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
He probably meant to type:

http://www.diskeeper.com/defrag.asp

Diskeeper is a decent little program but in reality it's just a better version of M.S. Defrag with some cool features like bootime degrag.

I'm not a technician nor to I play one on TV but I think your laptop has issues far beyond a few fragmated files. If it were me and I could not get any free advice I'd do a fresh back up and then factory restore and take that laptop back to the day it was born.

Good Luck. :^)

Posted Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 5:26 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
are you using microsoft windows? because everyone knows its realy bad and crashes and its villanous and evil and eats babies

Posted Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 7:25 pm
Dj Xeo wrote :
are you using microsoft windows? because everyone knows its realy bad and crashes and its villanous and evil and eats babies

LOL!

I'm supposed to say that! =P

Posted Mon 19 Mar 07 @ 1:25 am
I Think i figured it out!

My External HD is supposed to be 7200RPM but a buddy of mine says its a posibility that my HD is screwed up, and not running at 7200RPM but at variable speeds causing the laptop to get confused, thats why when i burn mixes recorded with VDJ ( files wich stay on my laptop HD ) are perfectly ok when burned.
I bought a new HD and im trying it out, it seems that VDJ is not skipping anymore, so far so good.

I hope this helps anyone out there who might be having similar problems.

Posted Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 5:02 am
Windows Eats babies? That explains it. May the force be with us all.

Posted Wed 21 Mar 07 @ 5:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)