Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 0db White Noise Fix? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ve2fgs wrote :

My setup:

Asus Motherboard P5GD1-VM
Intel PIV 3.2 GHz
2 Gig Dual-Channel RAM
Genuine WinXP Pro SP2
640 Gig RAID 5 SATA HDD's (3X 320 Gig drives)
M-Audio Delta 1010 sound card
BDC2000 (As a controller only)

Any of the rest of you that have this rare problem, have anything common with the setup above ?

My guess is that this is due to some driver, powermanagement or chipset, so hopefully we can narrow it down to what exact thing that causes it, and make a quick fix.

Most spesific I'm interesed in if any of you have the same soundcard or same brand (M-Audio), or the ASUS motherboard

Posted Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 5:07 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have none of the hardware listed above...:o(

P

Posted Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 9:59 pm

What soundcard you have?

So far it seems 3 persons with this issue all have M-Audio.

Posted Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 10:05 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I get the white noise after about 5 hours using the trial version too.

I'm not using M-Audio products, i'm using a soundblaster external usb. I disconnected it and it does it with the onboard sound too.

My laptop is brand new out the box last week, nothing else installed on it, only Vista Premium, and it is reasonably high spec.

Spec is:

HEWLETT PACKARD DV9288
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor model number TL-5600
Processor speed 1.83 GHz
Processor cache 2 MB
Memory (RAM) 2048 MB
Storage 320 GB sata
Dedicated graphics 512MBGo 7600

Don't know if this helps, but i thought i'd post seeing as machine is brand new with nothing else on it, it might help narrow down the problem?

Posted Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:19 pm

Thanx for the input Gary.

Well, the only hardware common factor so far seems to be SATA Raid setup, or SATA drive at least.

Not sure if thats it...

Posted Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:23 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No I would gather that it is the sound drivers... so far it's M-Audio and Soundblaster. Creative Labs drivers don't surprise me, but the M-audio drivers do since there are alot of M-audio users out there but only a few are reporting the issues. I would be curious that even though it sounds like the majority are not using TCV or TCCD control if they switched to the ASIO4ALL drivers and does the problem still exist? Just an idea?

Posted Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:33 pm
cstoll wrote :

if they switched to the ASIO4ALL drivers and does the problem still exist? Just an idea?

Worth a test, if anyone can do it...

Would give answer to if its the sounddrivers or not..

I'm still for the SATA RAID driver though, with pagefile/memory problem ? or even powermanagement.

But the soundcard drivers are also a good guess...

Posted Mon 26 Feb 07 @ 11:37 pm
cgarissPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Asus Motherboard P5GD1-VM
Intel PIV 3.2 GHz
2 Gig Dual-Channel RAM
Genuine WinXP Pro SP2
640 Gig RAID 5 SATA HDD's (3X 320 Gig drives)
M-Audio Delta 1010 sound card
BDC2000 (As a controller only)

Any of the rest of you that have this rare problem, have anything common with the setup above ?

No. I get the problem an a Dell D410 laptop and my desktop
Desktop is an Asus nForce chipset mobo with Athlon x2 CPU. 2 gig ram. A8N-SLI-32 Deluxe,
Sound card is usually Hercules Mk2, HOWEVER
Same problem when using internal Creative X-Fi with Asio4all drivers AND
Same problem encountered on a Plantronics USB headset with wdm drivers and the Dell laptop.
No SATA drive in the laptop. SATA on the desktop. But not RAID.

Same white noise problem every time even though I've re-installed windows on the desktop.

Do we all have dual cores? It's not the m-audio card - because I don't have one.

If you read the history of this issue in the other threads linked above - I already tried to disable power management on all USB ports and it made no difference. Also - and I keep having to repeat it again and again and again- if you look at ve2gs' jpg that he captured, you can see that the VU meters on VDJ are showing high gain noise even though no MP3s are loaded on the decks.

>>Want to see the screenshot again ? Here it is: http://64.18.191.190/Virtual_DJ.JPG

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 12:12 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@cgariss -- you keep coming back to that picture and yes it is a great example of what happens -- however, have you ever had another application lock up do to external interaction? The application that locks up does usually exhibit something that shows a lock up - but it doesn't always mean that that application was the root cause of the problem. Once you engage VirutalDJ there are several hooks created to different components of the computer, if one of those components fails then the application will respond to that failure, in this case --- hypothetical - after 4 hours your sound card fails, how do expect VDJ to respond? See the picture - http://64.18.191.190/Virtual_DJ.JPG .

All I am saying is there is a small number of users experiencing the problem and with a small number as such there has to be something in common and I hate to say it but if it was flat out VirtualDJ then the number of people experiencing the problem would be far greater then the 7-8 people in this thread. And yes SkyFxl was able to re-create - but what did he do to re-create the problem -- BAD hardware or BAD/INCORRECT settings/configuration of drivers - both external to VDJ.

Now the unfortunate thing here is that it may be a couple of specific items common between 3 people and a different item common between the other 4-5.

But back on point you asked about dual core -- have you launched VDJ then changed it to a Single Processor only application (Task Manager - Processes) and does the problem happen then?

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 2:02 pm
cgarissPRO InfinityMember since 2007
My point was - if there's no MP3's loaded - why would it be the SATA driver? You're not reading from disc.

About dual core - just remembered the Dell D410 has a Pentium-M - so that's a red herring.

This is my last post on this issue. I give up. I'll leave it up to other customers and trial customers to raise this issue - as I'm confident they will.

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 4:47 pm

Sata drivers could be for the virutal memory (shared ram), the page file that is saved to disk..
But seeing how specs come around, its probably not that... By the way, I have SATA too, and no issues...

Anyways, its been brought to Dev Teams attention, and I'm sure they figure out why its happening

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 5:01 pm
Hi everyone...

I think there's no SATA problem. I try the soft on my desktop with AMD and SATA Hard disk, with ScratchAmp and Terratec PCI (both ASIO) and I tried on my DJ Laptop (only for Live Gig, everything optimized, only 19 processes...) with ScratchAmp and TCCD. On this läppi runs Traktor 3 hour to hour without any problems, with key correction, effects and timecode. Max CPU load 70 - 80 %, can analyzing while live playing and i can load long mixes (over 1 hour) in both decks play and scratch and and and...
But now I've installed Numark Cue Trial, and I was sad. The Soft is great, the TCCD works better as in Traktor but but but...
On both installations (desktop and Laptop) VDJ (or cue) is a very high CPU load when I loading tracks, scratch and very strong terrible sound by key correction (same latency as in Traktor). Long mixes not playable on both pc's, VDJ hungs up earlier or later, and when i will force this, i load a second mix to the other deck.... Terrible computer noise and it hungs...
By the desktop PC i've tried a long set... no, it hungs up... 3 times, no way.
On my Laptop I will try it at this weekend.
The settings are all used, but it must be a good sound, i'm very strange scratching, and the sound by using "fastest" noooooooo...

Here the specifics from my Laptop:

Samsung X11, Centrino Core2Duo 1,66, 2GB Ram, 100 GB IDE HDD, Geforce 7... (Not yet in my mind...), Ext. 400 GB HDD with near 20000 Tracks, using WinXP SP2, no installation, all changings for music!
I want to buy Virtual Vinyl, but not without outlook to 4.3 without these bugs and with a better (very very better) Database (ID3Tag)...ah and of course Vinyl Gen. 3 ;-)

As far as mine experince, hopes could help with it!

Greetz
Avaco

Posted Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 12:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)