Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: "Ducking" for microphone? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK I just tried the script myself...

The first thing to realise is that it doesn't automatically lower the music when you talk on the mic.

It does lower the gain (not volume) on one deck when activated, then raise it when pressed again, but you have to assign the script to one custom button per side - it has no way of knowing which deck to duck (it doesn't recognise the master deck).

IMO you may as well just pull the deck fader down yourself.

There's a more advanced ducking script by locodog here

Posted Mon 01 Jan 18 @ 6:01 pm
Riko81Home userMember since 2018

Posted Mon 01 Jan 18 @ 7:05 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

That being said, a complete "Talk over" function with fading and toggle button (not gate mode) is this:

repeat_stop 'IncreaseGain' & repeat_stop 'DecreaseGain' & repeat_stop 'GainKeeper' & toggle 'TALKOVER' & var_equal 'TALKOVER' 1 ? mic on & repeat_start_instant 'DecreaseGain' 5ms & param_bigger gain 0.5 ? repeat_stop 'DecreaseGain' & repeat_start_instant 'GainKeeper' 5ms & load_pulse ? gain 0.275 : nothing : gain -1 : repeat_stop 'DecreaseGain' & repeat_stop 'GainKeeper' & mic off & repeat_start_instant 'IncreaseGain' 675ms & param_bigger gain 0.5 ? gain +1 : param_smaller 0.5 ? gain 0.5 & repeat_stop 'IncreaseGain' & repeat_stop 'DecreaseGain' : gain 0.5 & repeat_stop 'IncreaseGain' & repeat_stop 'DecreaseGain'

The red part determines the speed of volume reduction. The bigger the number, the slower the reduction gets
The green part determines the low volume threshold. The smaller this number is the lower the volume of the deck gets
The blue part determines the speed of volume restoration. The bigger the number, the slower the restoration gets

Been trying this with the mc6000 mk2, mapping the ducking button.

I have altered the numbers for red, green and blue but not noticing any difference?

Posted Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 5:58 pm
As I said earlier, there's no way for that script to know which deck is live. It just alters the gain on the deck on the same side as the custom button that runs it - so you'd need one custom button for each deck.

If you've got it on a button that's unrelated to any deck then that's probably why. Do you not see the deck gains moving on the skin?

Posted Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 6:04 pm
The deck gains do move down when the ducking is off and go up when it is on.

Seems to be the return thats too quick even though I entered a high number.

Posted Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 6:21 pm
Hi Friends;

Just to be sure the only ducking is being done only when I click "ON" for the mic?

I wanted that between words, the music will be higher in volume and when I speak again the music will be lowered automatically.

so there isn't any way to accomplish that?

Thanks for your help!

Posted Wed 03 Jan 18 @ 7:38 am
Riko81 wrote :
Hi Friends;

Just to be sure the only ducking is being done only when I click "ON" for the mic?

I wanted that between words, the music will be higher in volume and when I speak again the music will be lowered automatically.

so there isn't any way to accomplish that?

Thanks for your help!

You need to purchase a Virtual DJ 8 license in order to work.

Posted Thu 04 Jan 18 @ 6:23 am
Got it...Aguilanea

But my question is can I get real ducking, so that whenever I speak, the music gets lowered in volume.. and when I stop speaking, the music goes back to original level and again and again, so even between words the music goes up in level.

Can this be accomplished? the solutions here are only when I turn on the mic it goes down, irregardless of the talking or not.

thanks again!

Posted Thu 04 Jan 18 @ 9:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)