Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Are We There Yet!!!! VDJ Mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm about sick of waiting for the new Mac VDJ version to drop. I promise this will be my last inquiry, before I switch to Serato. I have been patiently waiting for what seems like forever. All of my gigs have been compromised because of cds & I would love to at least have a round about date for the Mac release. Soon is not helping me. I'm afraid if I purchase Serato, VDJ Mac. will be released the next day, which would really double piss me off. I personally believe Vdj is superior in features, but I will need the Mac version to test stability. I really haven't got any use out of VDJ on PC. Very unstable & crashed in the middle of my set, with about 700 people dancing & hands in the air. Luckily I brought back up cds to finish the set, but the Club with no music for about 2min is almost a killer to any party. Any way I'm saying all of this to say, If I can expect VDJ mac within a few weeks I will not buy Serato (which practically every dj in Chicago uses) Stability is my primary issue. So I ask "ARE WE THERE YET!!"
P.S. For some strange reason I installed serato on the same pc that gave me problems, bam!! flawless for hours. However it was not my serato, my buddies rig.

Gateway laptop 1 gig ram 2.9 ghz processor 80 hrd dr
Apple G4 1.5 gig ram 1.5 gig processor 80 gig hrd dr

Posted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 4:36 pm
yeah man, atomix are just playing at it.. I am talking to serato about scratch live!
obviously atomix want to cater for amatuer djs and will just let serato clean up with the pros.

mike mckenna
discoscience
http://www.discoscience.net/

Posted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 4:53 pm
well... i too feel EXACTLY the same way as you. but unlike you, i have already jumped ship. i am very happy i did. i look back only so i can re-evaluate the mac version when its released. maybe vdj will get used again one day.

serato just came out with or is about to launch auto-bpm, auto-gain, auto-looping, midi, video, master tempo key lock w/ and w/o pitch n time.

Posted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 5:03 pm
NO ONE on this forum is more restless about VDJ Mac and Virtual Vinyl Mac than me guys, NO ONE! Nor is anyone more qualified in terms of Mac, motivated in terms of getting the Mac version of either solution (VDJ or VV), or probably even as well connected as I am in the club and radio circuit, as well as actual big name talent, to help position VDJ and VV for Mac to be implemented into various locations that as we all know here in the U.S. are ALL about Serato on Macs.

But trust me when I tell you to JUST HOLD ON A LITTLE BIT LONGER [a few weeks at the most, not months] because this is TOO big for you guys to miss out on. TRUE Visual Turntablism (I've already dropped "DJ" from my stage name and have started using "VT" for Visual Turntablist instead). Word that I've heard through the grapevine is that the Mac version should be going beta anytime now and that we'll hopefully see something useable by the end of February at the latest.

Just to give you an idea of how big this is, my long time dj friend Shortkut from the world famous Beat Junkies http://www.beatjunkies.com/fusion/shortkut.html and Invisibl Skratch Picklz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisibl_Skratch_Piklz who has just been signed by Rane to promote SSL and was spinning at Rane's booth at NAMM just recently for them, came to see me demonstrate VDJ and it's video mixing features at a club here in Cerritos California that I do monthly with 2 of my partners from 93.5 KDAY and the Beat Junkies as well.

They ALL were floored, even Shortkut who knows that Rane is working on adding video but are WAY behind. You'll be able to mix music videos using VirtualDJ or Virtual Vinyl with MUCH better video features like transitions and effects at least 6 months, but more than likely a full year before SSL users will be able to do so reliably and with all the bells and whistles that VDJ/VV offer.

Here's some pix of me wiith Shortkut and several other people, as well as some pictures that I snapped at MacWorld where Rane had an SLL booth. You'll notice rane has NO video demo in those pix:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43404228@N00/

AGAIN, JUST HOLD ON A LITTLE BIT LONGER!!! =)

- VT ConQuest

Posted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 5:24 pm
ConQuest all the name dropping is cool, but my bottom line is I need stability now. I read all of your posts & I respect your knowledge & opinion. I choose not to name drop, I just wanna focus on the issue. If I your'e gonna use people who don't use the product for examples, what is the purpose of this forum. I'd rahter hear about your experiences & those of who use the product. As for that matter, before you get into a tangent about who you know. I'm a very well respected dj from Chicago Il. I hold down weekly & monthly parties all over the City. I'm well connected to The Heavy Hitters, Violator All star Djs & The Core Djs to name a few. Ohh! Damn!! am I name dropping too! BACK 2 THE ISSUE The end of feb is way too long for me. I'm an artist @ what I do & I'm compromising my creativity & flexibility for my sets. I get paid to be creative & different & I've waited long enough!! If the release of VDJ MAC is truly slated for the end of Feb. SEE YOU GUYS LATER! I make too much money to be without. I was just giving things a honest effort. So Again I ask "ARE WE THERE YET!!"

Posted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 5:44 pm

Almost there;)

So close I can feel it ;)

hehe

Posted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 6:26 pm
WOW. That MAC screenshot looks just like VDJ on PC.

Posted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 6:34 pm
Will the skins work for mac version?

Posted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 6:38 pm
djallstyle wrote :
ConQuest all the name dropping is cool, but my bottom line is I need stability now. I read all of your posts & I respect your knowledge & opinion. I choose not to name drop, I just wanna focus on the issue. If I your'e gonna use people who don't use the product for examples, what is the purpose of this forum.

Before I even read the rest of your post I'm gonna stop you right there. I'm NOT name dropping, I'm giving you validation from internationally renowned turntablists who are using SSL that what they see me doing will be BIG (once the Mac version and new TCV' are released).

That's even coming from someone working for Rane and promoting SSL. THAT is my point. =)

Also, unless you happen to work for a major computer manufacturer, then even as much as you say you want reliability, I NEED it MORE to properly represent a superior OS and what I KNOW is a better digital turntablist solution.

djallstyle wrote :
I'd rahter hear about your experiences & those of who use the product.

I only know of one other person who knows what VDJ is in my area, anewsome. Basically, my contacts are all waiting for me to tell them when there is a Mac version and the TCV response (and TCV's) is as good as SSL. Until then, they're only amused with VDJ's video features and won't touch a console. Vinyl or nothing for them.

djallstyle wrote :
As for that matter, before you get into a tangent about who you know. I'm a very well respected dj from Chicago Il. I hold down weekly & monthly parties all over the City.

I'm freezing here in Southern California with night temperatures in the 50's and 60's. I don't know HOW you guys stay alive out there with the temperature and weather that you guys have. ;)

djallstyle wrote :
I'm well connected to The Heavy Hitters, Violator All star Djs & The Core Djs to name a few.

That's great, seriously! =D

Felli Fel http://www.power106.com/airstaff/fellifel.aspx is well respected out here in LA, and he works for my long time friend and Music Director of Power106 Los Angeles, DJ E-Man http://www.power106.com/mixers/eman.aspx

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/64014/General_Discussion/Only_1_CREW_can_bring_2_COMPETING_LA_radio_stations__TOP_TURNTABLISTS_together_.html?highlight=only%201%20crew

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43404228@N00/373479882/

Oops! i done did it again too! =P

I'll look you up if I'm in the Chicago area. I'd like to see you and your crew in action! =)

djallstyle wrote :
BACK 2 THE ISSUE The end of feb is way too long for me. I'm an artist @ what I do & I'm compromising my creativity & flexibility for my sets. I get paid to be creative & different & I've waited long enough!! If the release of VDJ MAC is truly slated for the end of Feb. SEE YOU GUYS LATER! I make too much money to be without. I was just giving things a honest effort. So Again I ask "ARE WE THERE YET!!"

Yeah, I feel you man. I'm caught up putting off demos or doing half a$$ed ones using the Hercules MK2 controller for industry heads because of the TCV issues on top of the windows instability issues because there's no Mac version.

Unfortunately, I have no info for you other than what I've posted because I'm not in the loop (how ironic is it that the one guy that several Mac users or soon to be Mac users come to for advice isn't in the "loop" regarding VDJ Mac?)

I hope we don't lose you because VDJ/VV needs high profile artists like you and you WILL be better off with VDJ/VV over SSL, but just in case we do, "Keep it movin djallstyle!" =)

Posted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 6:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)