Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: IRQ Conflict (I think) - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK. I found somethind that helped. Read on another site to change the priority of the Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer 3 Codex to priority 1 and Media Player to priority 2 in the SOunds and Audio Deivices Hardward Tab. Basically reorganizing the order of importance of the audio drivers. No more skips while it is playing. I played for five hours without one and I was getting one per song. I did open the internet and yes, it did stutter a bit but not as bad. I won't be on the net at a gig anyway. I will let you know with further trial..... Has anyone else heard of this?

Posted Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 6:44 am
thats new too me ... change priority of codec? please tell more, if it seems to improve performance

Posted Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 2:31 pm
Open the Control Pannel in you system and choose sounds and audio devices.
Click hardware
Double clikc on Audio Codecs.
Click Properties.
Find Franhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codex and double click it.
Drop down the priority box and mark it 1
Click OK
Now set the remainder up making the windows media player number 2 and any others you recogize.
Then restart the machine

Posted Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 4:29 pm
SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just a note to say thanks Valentine...I have never seen that before and yes it helps.

On a less technical note do what I do to ensure smooth running of VDJ. Download Regscrub XP and run it once a week. I notice you use your laptop on the intenet (or on a lan) and spyware can cause troubles even if you are not on the internet. What happens is when you load up your PC, spyware is loading automatically and you have loads of processes running using up cpu %. When you connect to the net these things just 'do their thing' but when you are off the net, they are constantly searching for a connection and as your LAN card is on IRQ 11 (same as your soundcard), maybe this is also causing a problem, as it worked okay at home but not on the road.

Adaware works well as well. Just a tip from me!

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 10:29 pm
Now I REALLY FOUND IT. But how to fix it. I am scared to try Zero's (very risky to me) even though it may work. Maybe after wedding season. I definately have some sort of conflict with my wireless lan and the ASIO drivers. That is why the skipping went away when I was home, (thinking I fixed the problem) and back on the road. I was getting ready for this weekend when I said, Let me turn off the wireless land and see what happens. Well, SKIP, SKIP, SKIP... ARRGG!!!! I turn it back on and it's gone. To correct the issue for now I disabled the network connection and it plays perfect. At least 5 songs in without a skip. Usually would hear about 20 by now. For the tricky part. How will I move the IRQ ports. Don't really nee the internet on this computer so I will get by for now. If anyone had this problem before please let me know.

Thanks...

Posted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 2:42 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the solution i gave isn't exactly risky it just allows you to re assign the irqs whereever you want to, (and disables some more advanced power saving features... only problem is once youve switched it over to "Standard PC" the only way to switch it back is by re installing windows. all this is is essentually an advanced config for users with special needs.
this advice was straight out of my M-Audio soundcrd manual (they are one of the most renouned Pro Sound Card manufactors, so the advice which is given should not cause any problems), their soundcards require a dedicated IRQ meaning nothing else usings it, and this method is required in alot of computers that have alot of cards in them.

if you are dual booting dont see why you wouldn't give it a try, if you arn't its not hard to set up and there are great proformance boosts associated with it.

Posted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 4:08 am
I will wait a few weeks and give it a shot. After some weddings. I can get by for now without the wireless lan.. Thank you again for the help. I will report back when I'm not so busy...

Posted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 4:49 am
5 hour wedding today NO SKIPS.... yeah!!! I just ahd to disable my wireless modem. No biggie. I will turn it on when I need it and not mess with it anymore. Thanks for all of your help though..

Posted Sun 12 Sep 04 @ 2:10 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
As I have always said:
"The skip is not a VirtualDJ problem but your PC problem. Sometimes it is a hardware conflict and sometimes any other software conflict "
There are several solutions, but the best way i found to "try" to solve this problem is turning off and disconecting (unplugin) every single unnecessary-to-mix hardware (such as your lan card, modem card, zip devices, usb devices, etc..) or sometimes it is a broken ram problem, etc etc etc..

bye and glad to hear that your problem has been solved !

DJ Coco

Posted Mon 13 Sep 04 @ 7:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)