Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: DJ MIXING : basic - advanced - pro - Page: 23

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Mon 30 Jul 12 @ 3:38 pm
Thanks for the tutorial :) I'm new at this and just started by fun, now I'm planning on buying all trat stuff DJs use xD

Posted Mon 06 Aug 12 @ 2:37 pm
Awesome Tutorial!!!
Very Nice and Thanks a lot

Cheers DerSchengst

Posted Mon 24 Sep 12 @ 5:57 am
Wow really nice read, thanks for the information.

I'm currently just a computer DJ and using the Free version, but I am just curious if anybody knows where you can look for samples?
(Preferably Hardcore music, Happy Hardcore, Japanese Hardcore)

And to all paid version owners, how many more effects do you get compared to Free?
I'm getting tired of using the same few effects so l might get full version.

Posted Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 5:32 pm
thanks!

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 1:42 am
Awesome-O tutorial!!

can i call you master? lol

Posted Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 11:17 pm
I need help. What is the best way to mix 2 songs when

1. the vocals of first song ends after the first beat and the vocals of second song starts before the first beat

2. the vocals of first song ends on third beat and vocals of second song starts after first beat (hip hop)

Posted Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 12:08 pm
kwillsHome userMember since 2013
Hi just a quickie. When I Mix 2 songs sometimes the bass from ech song kill the mix.How can I use the eq to solve this?also I use a keyboard are there any knobs which control the eq?thanks.

Posted Tue 29 Jan 13 @ 3:06 am
kwills wrote :
sometimes the bass from ech song kill the mix.How can I use the eq to solve this?

Turn the bass down.

kwills wrote :
also I use a keyboard are there any knobs which control the eq?

Keyboards don't have knobs.

Posted Tue 29 Jan 13 @ 7:18 pm
flosumiHome userMember since 2013
i am new here en i want you people to help me upgrade

Posted Sun 24 Feb 13 @ 1:32 am
YomoEntPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Great info guys!!!

Posted Wed 03 Apr 13 @ 9:14 pm
This is the best post ever. I've been "DJ'ing" for 9 years now and I understand mixing so much better after reading this post.

Posted Wed 17 Apr 13 @ 11:01 am
awesome...thanks

Posted Thu 02 May 13 @ 1:08 pm
Hey there! I was wondering...I'm trying to do an eclectic mix. And I'm a beginner. I know it's going to be tough, but eclectic is my plan...so, here is my question: how do you transition from one area of a mix with a higher bpm to lower, or vice versa? I'd rather not fade out. I have done one with a "brake" effect where a beat kinda petered out and then timed a nice drop to follow it...but I know I can't do that more than once, so....any tips?

Posted Fri 17 May 13 @ 9:52 pm

Posted Mon 20 May 13 @ 2:32 pm
Thanks!

Posted Mon 20 May 13 @ 11:38 pm
Hi Guys!!! I'm a newbie here in VDJ... I Have purchased the full version cuz i really want to do video mixing in my bar. just wanna ask for some tutorials regarding audio overlay with the video cuz i still don't know how to insert audio on top of the video... and could you send me links with ur samples of ur video mixing? i really want to learn the style of other djs..;) thank a lot..;)

Posted Fri 19 Jul 13 @ 9:46 pm
krusy12Home userMember since 2013
Hello I am just starting off as a DJ and would like to know what basic lights I should get. I am looking to play at smaller venues like for weddings or just small parties. If anyone has any suggestions or tips that would be great thank you.

Posted Fri 19 Jul 13 @ 11:57 pm
krusy12 wrote :
If anyone has any suggestions or tips

My tip would be not to post a question about lights in the "mix lessons" forum, at the end of a thread about mixing...

For first lights I'd suggest a couple of moonflowers/goboflowers. They're the "meat and potatoes" of DJ lights. Go for LED based models, as they're generally smaller, lighter, use less power, don't get as hot and the lamps won't need constant replacement.

A couple of LED PARs or strips are useful to have too, as they can be used for colour washing.

Posted Sat 20 Jul 13 @ 7:01 am
being a dj has never been easy at all

Posted Mon 02 Dec 13 @ 6:13 am
93%