Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ultimate guide to controllers - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi yes u can, by bypass or at ur herc there this button where it show audio source. Unpress it n u could listen to ur ordinary cd but to mix it, u now can't rely on VDJ, u need to use ur ear to beatmatch n also all pitching will be done on the cd decks itself;) But with this i use my external mixer n i think the ordeal is the same with only use the herc alone. If u need to use the tccd, pressed the audio source again. Just do a test , take a ordinary cd player n hook it up with the mk2 n unpress that audio source button or bypass by keyboard shortcut;)

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 5:38 am
kotdbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Great. I'll try and use my normal cd player and see if that works.

hehe yeh using cd decks I'll need to be able to mix like a normal common garden dj without all the new fangled cheating.

;-)

Thanks for the advice.

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 6:04 am
yes do a test first n c if it werks. but u must use with vdj.

i hope someone with better understanding of this will give the input too.

good luck.

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 6:28 am
Ok my normal cd player works when i take the outputs from the player to the herc and change the audio source button.

I can crossfade between a cd track to an mp3 on VDJ. However I can't use any of the fx on the herc. I can't alter the bass, treble or mid which is a bit of a pain.

I could live without using pitch bend and bpm etc but having a mixer that can cut bass, etc then its a bit basic.

Hmmmm.

More food for thought...

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 8:26 am
Yes the fx n the eq will not werk but still if u using on external mixer the eq will werk except the vdj fx, bpm, pitch and vdj other great function of course. U would need to do this on the cd deck itself which have its own cue, looping, pitch slider (where u can adjust its bpm n beatmatch both deck) and a jog wheel (no need for touch sensitive one unless u wanna do scratching) for bending the pitch etc.

Don't worry, u can aquire this one at a time but my advice still it best to go for external mixer at the later date and just use the mk2 as a controller n soundcard;)

Posted Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 12:10 pm
bit dissapointed on xponent. my right jog wheel got stack and doesnt work :(
it is as plastic as it looks :(

i think ill go for the vestax now

Posted Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 2:22 pm
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 14 Feb 08 @ 6:53 pm

Posted Thu 14 Feb 08 @ 10:59 pm
That looks well nice.

I'm not sure if the maya44 is built in. I think it is just compatible?

No jog wheels although i have to say I rarely use them on my herc.

Any ideas if its out or how much it costs?

Posted Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 3:58 am
Estimated Availability: Mar 15, 2008 price u$s 499
and the description says...

...Support for ASIO 2.0, CoreAudio and MME / WDM, MAYA44 USB is compatible to all major music and DJ and DAW applications.

ESI(Ego systems Inc) designed ASIO driver apllied for its proven high reliablity.DAW application software and DJ application software work with the driver at a valiant low latency rate and high performance. (Windows will identify the VCM-100 as a 2in2out USB audio device when using the standard Windows WDM driver. Use the ASIO driver when using multi input/output with DTM application software. )...

I suppose that if they mention the name of the product (maya 44) and the company (ESI) is because they have something in comon like the chipset, i guess...
what do you think?

I need an all in one controller and i'm between vestax vcm-100 and hercules dj console rmx (release april 7), opinions are welcome!

I allready have a BCD-2000 and it's working fine in wdm mode, no luck with asio driver.

Posted Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 8:22 am

[Virtual Vinyl Turntablists can now scratch, beat juggle and mix their favorite videos directly from their turntables. . ]
[/quote]
can I scratch/mix/crossfade videos from an approved controller linked to virtualDj ? which controller ? does it have to be video capable or just a regular controller ?
if I want to do the same as above from reg CD players do I still need the controller ?, do the Cd players connect to the computer or controller ?
thanks

Posted Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 10:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Two ways to go about it :

A : Get a controller (they are all video compatible as you can map them any way)

B : Go the time-code route using TCCD (Scratch emulation features required on cd player) and acquire a high quality sound-interface like Virtual Vinyl or similar , the Cd players connect to this.
then you would require a midi mixer if you wanted to crossfade video.

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

Posted Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 5:49 am
skyfxl wrote :

A : Get a controller (they are all video compatible as you can map them any way)

B : Go the time-code route using TCCD (Scratch emulation features required on cd player) and acquire a high quality sound-interface like Virtual Vinyl or similar , the Cd players connect to this.

from your B response.....got it, tccd or tcv goes to double sound card and then to pc usb. q1/ Does the midi mixer also goto USB pc to do the crossfade ? q2/ I assume that the L R line output from the double soundcard goes also to midi mixer L R line input, ie the midi mixer is both a 'controler" and a regular mixer ?
Q3/ could I not avoid the 'midi mixer' above by using a regular controller as per your A answer (to do the cross fade) AND the virtual vinyl sound card and REGULAR mixer. In other words, the regular controller does crossfade as if its controlling VDJ on the pc, virtualvinyl handles cd player and scratching.
q4/ what do you think about the new usb cd players ( icdx and pioneer cdj400) that avoid tccd. I guess these are essentially 'soundcards' built into cd player ? in this config, 2 x icdx, how do I do the cross fade ?

your diagrams showing turntables tcv into controller/soundcard etc were VERY helpfull......could we get diagrams on all the possible combos of controllers / cd player controllers / midi mixers / reg mixers etc.......I think a comprehensive set of such diagrams would help us newbies to 'out of pc control' devices and avoid a lot of questions.

I appreciate your input on these boards.thks Dave

Posted Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 2:12 pm
here is another midi controller that I have being testing with PCDJ-VJ and mixvibes dvs that you all might be interrested in
EDIROL PCR 300/500/800
the EDIROL PCR 300 is a midi keyboard that has 9 knob's...9 fader's....26 button's and a crossfader + 25 key's
its easy to set-up and to map to midi in V.JD
It would be a cool midi controller to use with 2 turntables and V.DJ time-code vinly with a good 4 in-put & 4out-put ASIO sound card
no need for a audio mixer ....just use the pcr 300

"I LOVE MY NEW EDIROL PCR 500"

Posted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 9:18 am
can you use the new hercules rmx to mix videos with vdj and how?

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 5:53 pm
rickrockm1 wrote :
can you use the new hercules rmx to mix videos with vdj and how?

I've been experimenting with my RMX on my timecode system as a controler only to mix videos. It works, the only thing I've configured on the RMX so far has been the crossfader for video crossfade. Had to disable regular crossfade under config.> options but after that it's fine, it all pretty much works the same as with audio or karaoke. Unfortunatly you'll have to configure what buttons you want to change yourself under config.> remote control> general midi> config. until Cell finishes the mapper;^]

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 3:43 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
davefromlondon wrote :
skyfxl wrote :

from your B response.....got it, tccd or tcv goes to double sound card and then to pc usb. q1/ Does the midi mixer also goto USB pc to do the crossfade ? q2/ I assume that the L R line output from the double soundcard goes also to midi mixer L R line input, ie the midi mixer is both a 'controler" and a regular mixer ?
Q3/ could I not avoid the 'midi mixer' above by using a regular controller as per your A answer (to do the cross fade) AND the virtual vinyl sound card and REGULAR mixer. In other words, the regular controller does crossfade as if its controlling VDJ on the pc, virtualvinyl handles cd player and scratching.
q4/ what do you think about the new usb cd players ( icdx and pioneer cdj400) that avoid tccd. I guess these are essentially 'soundcards' built into cd player ? in this config, 2 x icdx, how do I do the cross fade ?

your diagrams showing turntables tcv into controller/soundcard etc were VERY helpfull......could we get diagrams on all the possible combos of controllers / cd player controllers / midi mixers / reg mixers etc.......I think a comprehensive set of such diagrams would help us newbies to 'out of pc control' devices and avoid a lot of questions.

I appreciate your input on these boards.thks Dave

Think your sorted with this now , do you need any more help?

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 11:59 am
@DJ Wazza AU
Hey Bro, I bought this PCR 300, but not able to use it with V. DJ can you help me out pleaseee.. If you dont mind can I have your contact number I will call you up.. I really need help.. Take care..

Posted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 5:17 am
I have bought PCR 300, but not able to use it with V. DJ.. I need help, Can I get ur contact number so that I can have direct interaction with you.. I wud be obliged bro.. If your not residing in India then please give me your full number i.e. with your country ISD code and then the state code u r living in, and then ur number.. Thanx anyways..
waitin for ur help eagerly..

here is another midi controller that I have being testing with PCDJ-VJ and mixvibes dvs that you all might be interrested in
EDIROL PCR 300/500/800
the EDIROL PCR 300 is a midi keyboard that has 9 knob's...9 fader's....26 button's and a crossfader + 25 key's
its easy to set-up and to map to midi in V.JD
It would be a cool midi controller to use with 2 turntables and V.DJ time-code vinly with a good 4 in-put & 4out-put ASIO sound card
no need for a audio mixer ....just use the pcr 300

"I LOVE MY NEW EDIROL PCR 500"

Posted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 5:22 am
or
Please add me on ****@yahoo.com
I really need your help badly..

[Sorry, E-mail addresses and contact details from unlicensed users is not permitted.]

Posted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 10:57 am
95%