Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Long Session Problem - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey guys

I think I have found a very unique bug in VDJ. It takes a bit to actually experience the problem yourself though. Here\'s a runthrough:

Symptoms:
- VDJ outputs a loud white-noise hissing sound through all channels and soundcards. Music / samples / effects cannot be heard at all.
- VDJ\'s other functions and uses remian working as normal.
- Other audio applications play sound as normal

This problem is independent of:
- Soundcards used
- Driver versions (as stated with above)
- Channels assigned
- Performance settings

Fixes:
- Restart VDJ

Recreation:
- Leave VDJ 4 running for about 5 - 6 hours, either idling or playing music

I have not has this problem with 3.4, so it seems it is a software related issue.

Please can someone else try this and see if it is just me with this problem. Thanks!

Posted Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 12:58 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its basicaly ur ram is filling up i think

try using a ram optimisation tool , half way through ur mixing

like all software it is liable to slow down after longtime continuous use

Posted Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 4:30 pm
rotrexHome userMember since 2006
Did that fix neims problem because i get the same sympton ?

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 2:37 am
whats ur spec?

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 4:32 pm

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 7:31 pm
be careful with that one its "beta"

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 12:09 am
You're right, Skyfxl, I forgot. Freeram works fine with me, that's why I forgot to mention. If you got other solutions, please, let me know. I'm not saying Freeram is the best, it's just the one I know.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 2:48 pm
dont worry :) , just some less experianced people might make mistakes with it :) so better safe than sorry

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 2:53 pm
if you wanting a ram / system optimisation tool , a safe bet is system mechanic
http://www.iolo.com

but with all tools , if you dont fully understand it ,leave it then check the manual or ask about it ,

or you could risk you pc.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 2:57 pm
Thanks, gonna check it out.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 3:00 pm
ve2fgsHome userMember since 2005
I downloaded the 4.2 demo version last week and I am having the exact same issue. I get that loud "white noise" on the sound card's channels assigned to the left and right player. The sampler channel is not having this issue. What's strange is that VDJ does not even have to play to do this ! I only open VDJ with no track loaded in it and let it idle for 4-5 hours and then SSSSSSSSSSSS, that white noise come back on my player's channels. Meanwhile, the software continues to work great. Only shutting down and restarting VDJ solves this problem.

My setup:

Asus Motherboard P5GD1-VM
Intel P1V 3.2 GHz
2 Gig Dual-Channel RAM
Genuine WinXP Pro SP2
M-Audio Delta 1010 sound card
BDC2000 (As a controller only)

This is a "music machine" and everything has been optimized for that. No service not needed and CPU load never exceed 2-3% when mixing with VDJ. I want to replace the poor soft that came with my BCD but I do not want something that freezes after 4-5 hours.

Hope to get this to work before the ending of my 20 days evaluation because this will tell if I will purchase or not.

Frank

Posted Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 9:12 pm
go to options and choose

"autolatency"

and lower the slider right to fast then build up in small steps

until it sounds good :)

Posted Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 9:17 pm
Ok, I think you don't really understand what is happening to us. It does sound very good unitl 4-5 hours of playing and/or idle. Then, there is no more sound, only a very loud white noise, same noise you can heat when you turn your tv on with no antenna/cable on it. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I tried about everything to solve this issue. Actually, the "Preset" slider on the Performance tab is all the way to the left. Latency is set to "Auto". Believe me, it really seems like a software issue. There may be some memory buildup, even at idle, but nothing to bug my computer.

Posted Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 9:34 pm
are you using the latest demo?

how much ram do you have?

just a thought

its a known bug on older cracked copys that after a couple of hours this happens , so if that is what your using try the latest demo

Posted Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 10:11 pm
As stated in my message:

> 4.2 demo version
> 2 Gig Dual-Channel RAM

No it's not a cracked version, it's a demo version.

Frank

Posted Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 11:33 pm
Sounds strange, never happened to me though. Prehaps you contact E-service, see what they have to say. :)

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 11:49 am
I already emailed them twice about that problem and never got any help.

skyfxl, you are throwing your link on about every problem thread on the forums, regardless of the problem, as if it could solve everything. I've read it and it has absolutely nothing to do with our particular issue. We are having the issue even if Virtual DJ is sitting there, no track loaded !

I never saw a software like this with as much "forum-filling" problems and unstable performance. And guess what, there is even a "Pro" version ! A pro software should not give you as much problems and we should not have to read forums for hours and tweak about all Windows settings to make it work (maybe....)

Anyway, my demo version is now expired and I guess I'll stick to my old rock-solid BPM Studio that never gave any problem. I better like a software that does one thing right then this one that does everything wrong, and I don't want the 2500 people in my club to stop dancing and look at me: "Hum..... Sorry...... My Virtual DJ just frooze.... What, I'll start a CD and reboot......"

just my 2 cents...

Posted Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 8:34 pm
my link refers to a technical problem which it sounds you have which is about irq conflicts between the devices ,

this forum is a open area of support bpm studio has just as many problems but they are recived only by email

we aslo have 4 million users so its understandable they might have issues from time to time

try choosing autolatency on proformance options

and adjusting your max load

Posted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 12:43 am
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
get the pro version I did and I sold my bpm studio, vdj does soooo much moore and is easy and fun plus you have the support which alcatech lacks big time
DjLex

Posted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 9:28 am
34%