Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Notation feature in the playlists and organization of the program

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How about this....

We all as djs take dedications, want to remember who is singing a karaoke song, or may write ourselves a reminder to when a song comes due, maybe it's a couples wedding song or special dance. I know we have a comment that save to the tracks, however when we are playing on the fly it would be nice to have a space to type notes next to the playlist. Here is what I propose and will try my best to describe it. Would be easier to draw....

Have another box next to the playlist on the right, completely collapsable if one doesn't want to use it (I know it's getting a bit cramped but with wider screens it won't be too bad... In this box one would be able to type in notes next to a song in the playlist, may it be a singer or dedication, whatever. Once the track is loaded the note disappears or even is shown in the player as a song comment. Unload it and the comment goes with the song reload it and it disappears and other comments move down as the tracks move down in the playlist. And I know I've said this before but instead of those icons, color code the tracks, blue for karoake, red for video, what ever, organization to me would be much easier, not harder to see. Maybe even give an option of color schemes. I think now that the sound and program runs 1000% better we should work on the organization of the program.

To me, this would be a step in the right direction. Not sure if it could be done but just wanted to share my thoughts. And yes, these requests may have been given before in one form or another, but it was never really addressed.

Thanks again for a great program! I use it every week!!!!!

Posted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 8:16 pm
vantinedj,
I like the idea. What came up in my mind reading the post, was this: Why not integrate it in the playlist, then you don't need another pane / box.
You could right click a song in the playlist, select "Edit Temporary Comment". You fill in the text, choose the color. Then this text will apear in its own column "Temporary Comment". When you load a track from the playlist it is removed automatically as well as the comment.
I think this is easier to develop. It would be quite hard to keep both boxes / panes in sync.
Ewout

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 12:12 am
You guys rock, these are great ideas especially for the drunk dj who puts songs in and doesn't remember who they are for lol. I love it Cheers

No I am not a DRUNK dj, just one who has a good time with the clientelle.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 11:04 am
I would also love them to be saveable, somehow.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 3:35 pm
If you like to save them, you simply could use the "normal" comment, which is already available.
Ewout

Posted Mon 30 Oct 06 @ 3:03 pm
infoHome userMember since 2021
Yeah adding notes to files waiting in the play list (and) or side list would be very handy... nothing worse than having a pile of paper and notes all around you and not being able to find the note you wrote down about the track or karaoke song when you need it!..

For the karaoke side of things the notes would need to stay on display in the player window untill the next song is loaded into that player as at the end of the track you may need to go back and read the note to remind you of the names of the singers to thank them.... I know it would probably be easy to remember then names but in the time the track has finished you ould have taken 20 odd more requests and information from guests....

Posted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 1:53 am
Agreed Super.. However for guys like me who have used the comment for let say "Video" due to how 3.4 was hard to distinguish between karaoke and video we would lose all our comments.

Posted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 8:49 am
What if it were only to be used in the side list and not actually mess with the files?? Could a text type plug in be created to do something like that??

Posted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 8:50 am
That's what I meant. Do not get rid of the comments section. Just add a notation feature to the sidelists. You could put a dedication in there, singer, if the song is used for a wedding dance, anniversary, ect. And it slides with the song in the playlists.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 3:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)