Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: the best way to make a remix - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
buy virtual dj home edtion

www.ejay.com

get mixstation 3 (virtualdj home)

its 19.99 £

Posted Sun 12 Nov 06 @ 6:44 pm

hello sir

i wanted to learn for dj.i have the software with trial version.i had make the some mixing how should send that mixing song.reply me as well as soon.

thank you

Posted Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 8:08 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 11:25 am

I have been doing remixes of songs for my parties for a long time......What I do is beat match the two songs, then I use the Vocals from one deck by using the kill buttons on deck A to get rid of the bass and drums. Then I use the bass and drums from deck B , loop the bass and drums lines from that song and you have yourself a remix ! I also switch from deck to deck killing the bass and drums which also gives you a nice remix. You can record your remix on Virtual DJ and save it to a file, just add it to you music files later.....

Example: two songs Set It Off - By Strafe and It Takes Two- By Rob Bass , Beat match both songs, Kill the bass on It Takes Two
by Rob Bass. Loop -Set It Off by Strafe, 8 or 16 loop should be O.K, fade in It Takes Two By Rob Bass, You Have now
Changed the music to It Takes Two, and you have added another beat, you can even kill the bass on Set It Off and
put the bass from It Takes Two back in especially during the breakdown sections of the songs....takes a little practice
but you will get it!

Posted Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 7:58 pm
@ Adrianj:

[i started mixing on my laptop,and i think i have improved in my trsck selection,fading and mixing,now i wanna take it up a step,i have recorded a few of my mixes....and they not bad,I just need help on making them sound like c-d quality....anybody got some tips for me??????"]

To take your mixing "to the next level", try exploring the High, Mid and Low buttons as well as effects and loop function.

For a different variety of mixing methods check out: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193930 .

Or you can learn from Youtube. Simply type in the keyword: DJ Tutorials. There's a guy called DJ Jonathan posting a lot of videos on DJ Tutorial.

To get a high quality audio from your mixes, go to Record Menu ==> Config ==> Bitrate. The higher the bitrate, the better the quality is. But this also depends on the quality of mp3 that you use for mixing. Use those with minimum size of 192 kbps or above.

Hope this helps.

Posted Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 4:18 am
Is is possible to record your mixed songs using the home edition (the none commercial use version

Posted Sun 29 May 11 @ 2:53 pm
JynxxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Wow, I checked in here thinking that this question would be answered 100 times, but it looks like it hasn't been properly addressed, so here goes....

First, I have been a professional remixer for over 10 years now, and was Lead Remixer at SelectMix, Hot Tracks, and Street Tracks. I also was doing my own mixes with the brand JyMix, and had a lot of great remixers on my site while it was up. I have a lot more experiencing DJing, Producing, and Studio Engineering, but lets just get on with this...

Now, I will only go into basic method, as you can take this and google most of the program names and get tutorials for them by the zillions.
You will also need a decent sound card, usually not a built-in one. Creative 24-bit ones are cheap and work perfect for basic remixing.

That being said, the way that most people start off remixing is by using Sony Acid. It allows you to cut up songs and loop sections, and it matches beats on different tracks (think of it as a multi-track looper with auto BPM). So if you wanted to add instrumental as an intro, you just use a loop of the instrumental for 32 counts (or 8 bars is another way to put it) on one track, then load into the song on a down beat (that is the 1 in a 1,2,3,4 beat) and then do the opposite at the end for an outro. You can look up tutorials for sony vegas and remixing with it all over the place.
I personally don't use it.

My method is more advanced, but is also more like what you are describing.
I use two programs mainly, no external hardware, but you do have to have a VERY GOOD soundcard, not just a decent one like you need for Acid. It needs to support Full Duplex Recording, 24-bit and 32-bit recording, AT LEAST 96000khz sample rate, and should have a good SNR (signal to noise ratio).
I use Adobe Audition 3.0, and FL Studio 9 XXL (Producer Edition). Audition is a powerful music editing suite as well as a versatile multi-track recorder. It does NOT auto beat match, or anything like that. Some people use a program called Pro Tools (most professional producers and recording engineers do), but I prefer AA3.
FL Studio is a beat sequencer and sampler. You add what samples you want in your song, the BPM that you want, and then use the sequences to automatically add sections to your beat. I really can't explain it better than that, you are better off googling it lol.

First, I take a song and look for pieces of the beats that are stand-alone drums, such as a kick, snare, or hi-hat. Then I copy just that section and save it as a sample to use in FL Studio. I do this until I feel I can make my own beat using the drums and instrument pieces of the song I just copied them from. I use a program called Mixmeister BPM Analyzer to check the BPM of the song, and then I input the BPM into FL Studio, load all the samples I want, then create my beat using those samples. I also add on more drums, hi hats, effects, samples.... whatever I want when I make my intro.
Then I export it to a 320khz MP3 file, or a WAV file, and load it into AA3's Multi-Track recorder, and manually piece everything together. After I am satisfied, I mix it down to a single file, then master that file by limiting the peaks, normalizing, etc.

And wah-la! You have a brand new, shiny remix. This is, like I said, a very skimmed down version of what really goes on, but it gives you basics of the process and lets you check it out for yourself. Remember that it will take A LOT of practice. You won't come off sounding like 2nd Nature right off the bat.

HOPEFULLY I steered you in the right direction. If you have any questions, just holla :D

Posted Sat 04 Jun 11 @ 1:51 pm
JynxxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
....... and I also just saw that the OP was from 2006 hahahaha.

Wow.

#DamnThatSucks

Posted Sat 04 Jun 11 @ 1:54 pm
BerCorePRO InfinityMember since 2011
hmm, there is a lot to learn, thanks for the clarification

Posted Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 10:21 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
dj-whitey wrote :
I hav some acapella's if u want em

please refrain from illegally exchanging files on the forums..

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 7:01 pm
Jynxx wrote :
....... and I also just saw that the OP was from 2006 hahahaha.

Wow.

#DamnThatSucks

wisdom is timeless... thanks for sharing. :D

T

Posted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 9:03 am
navejHome userMember since 2011
guys.... i want to be a good dj.. pls! help me... my version of virtual dj do not allow me to download some effect, sample, and skins.. guys...pls! help me,,,,

kindly pls! tell me what to do...
heres my account in yahoo. navej_gimoto@yahoo.com

just e mail me or what

thank you so much..

Posted Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 4:58 pm
pskeensPRO InfinityMember since 2010
navej wrote :
guys.... i want to be a good dj.. pls! help me... my version of virtual dj do not allow me to download some effect, sample, and skins.. guys...pls! help me,,,,

kindly pls! tell me what to do...
heres my account in yahoo. navej_gimoto@yahoo.com

just e mail me or what

thank you so much..

I'm guessing you are using the FREE version? You will have to be a paid member to access the downloads (Effects, Plugins, Samples, etc). Take a look at this page and it will show you the difference in the versions.

CLICK TO SEE VERSION TABLE

Posted Sun 17 Jul 11 @ 6:02 pm
jyantHome userMember since 2011
i wanna download the best version of vir. dj ::??? any !dea :: the best fuckin' one help !!!!1

Posted Sun 25 Dec 11 @ 1:02 am
jyantHome userMember since 2011
its all available for free thats why we don't buy it ?? can you tell me which is best to download

Posted Sun 25 Dec 11 @ 1:21 am
ok so im new to this remix stuff and never done nor do i have any friends who do it and i really want to be able to make my own..... where should i start?

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 4:06 pm
Depends what you mean by remix....

The simplest stuff is maybe just layering a different drum beat over the top of an existing track. You could do that using the VDJ sampler.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 4:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)