Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: do u prefer cd or mp3? - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes your 100% correct :), but I haven't ventured that far yet..I wanted to test the quality of some of my DVD video files on my 15" laptop screen, Most of the music I mix don't have their own videos, so it was just out of interest really.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 05 @ 12:06 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
i just want to know what is the equivalent of mp3 192 bit on the video end...
.. anyone?

i have many computers and one of them has tv in/out. and have cable tv too with all the music channels: mtv, bet, mtv2, mtv jams, vh1 rhymth & soul, mtvs, mtvhi, BETjazz etc....
the cable box is a dvr (can record tv).

all my hdds r basiclly full. when i get a bigger hard drive id want to get some videos.

before someone gets into legality of viacom videos i see them all over the clubs in my area.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 05 @ 12:37 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Your missing something Bagpuss,

If you use the RCA to go to the proyector, then you only have 320x240 in that proyector (is TV standard). If you use the S-Video, you get more resolution (352x480), but it isn't 640x480 even. If you will use VGA as your proyector output, then you will be using 800x600 or 1024x768... current DVD support only 720x480 so it's useless to have more resolution than that. In a proyector with VGA you should use 640x480.

I recommend MPEG-1 with 320x240, 1800 Kbits/sec, Audio 44.1KHz-16bits 224Kbits/sec. for TVs and proyectors connected to an RCA or S-Video.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 05 @ 1:17 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That's right, video like audio has a great number of intermediate variables before the final outcome.

But I always like to get the source right as the number 1 priority, I believe the best policy is to encode at the highest quality your storage device will allow, and also considering the quantity of files you think you'll be useing, if you think a 300kbps mp3 takes up alot of space, then don't even look at video! (no pun intended).

Posted Sat 27 Aug 05 @ 2:59 am
Hey there Bagpuss. I would love to read your blog, but I can't. Explain to me how to do this and i will be right there reading it.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 05 @ 1:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)