Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video Demonstrations of Virtual DJ - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Virtual DJ at the TechnoParade - Paris 2006

Posted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 5:54 pm
VDJ + BCD 2000

hey guys this is my new video with bcd inside is the right config for a bcd and VDJ with a desktop....I hope you guys enjoy it....

dj quintana

Posted Tue 05 Dec 06 @ 9:32 pm
Camel @ Red Alert 12-10-2006 DJ set - with Hercules midi mixer and VDJ

Posted Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 8:49 pm
DJ Larry D: Is that a MK2 you're mixing with?

Two questions to all here.

1: I have a DAC3. Can I run that plus a MK2 at the same time?

2: I'm looking for a Midi Xfader to mix audio + video like Larry D does...is buying an MK2 the best way to go to achieve this?

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 7:09 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
STICKY IKY IKY IKY IKY!!!!!!

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:53 am
Superstar DJ Dennis Ferrer using VDJ @ Barramundi

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 4:12 am
DJ Dennis Ferrer - Part 2

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 4:13 am
Dennis Ferrer at Sandayz in Amsterdam together with Ryan Marciano,Sunnery James and MC Andy Shearman...

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 4:17 am
Dj Dennis Ferrer with VirtualDJ @ Defected Canvas

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 4:23 am
Part 2 - Dennis Ferrer with VDJ + All-Star line up with JJ & KC, Martin Solveig, Dennis Ferrer, Mr.V, DJ Spen, Ame, Dixon, Copyright, Simon Dunmore, Junior Jack and Kid Crème @ Canvas, London

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 4:25 am
Dj Dennis Ferrer - Kerri Chandler, & Southport @Lamerica, Cardiff

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 4:31 am
dj fandos using BCD + laptop + TCV + VDJ - Live at Club

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 5:08 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Funkturnal giving an introduction to video mixing and video scratching witht VDJ

Video Courtesy of funkturnal

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 12:01 am
djcaraby mixing video at club

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 2:59 am
Video Mix Demo I made in a hurry for some club owners to land a job and influence a decision on using VDJ in the newly built club.

I uploaded it to my MySpace page. There have been some weird issues with it playing... so if anyone has a problem with viewing it let me know. I plan on making a better demo and uploading it to YouTube.

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 8:39 pm

NIIICE video! ;) thanx

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 9:09 pm
Nice video, an inspiration! :)

OK, on that note, a question to all you scratchers:

I'm (fairly) good at mixing video, but totally new at scratchin' & trying to learn. Is there some secret to pullin a tune back and having it release exactly on beat? Know what I mean? Like "Go-Go-Go (or whatever) and the 4th "Go" is right on beat with the other tune, and you hear "Go" just like you'd want, as opposed to say 1/4 beat of dead space, then "Go" which is now 1/4 beat off. Get it? I don't-lol

I'm using VDJ pro 4.2 w/DAC3 & Hurcules MK2. I've never "put a needle on a record" in my life. I'd like to try to learn with these tools if possible :)

Any links to training sites, schools, or straight up secrets would be so much appriciated!

Keep the videos comin'!

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 11:12 pm
brian_fligg wrote :

Any links to training sites, schools, or straight up secrets would be so much appriciated!

Well one thing I would recommend would be DJ Q-Bert's How to Scratch DVD's. It wouldn't teach you how to scratch on beat but at least the basic idea behind most scratches. ... or you can do like most of us old schoolers before the internet and the digital DJ thing... learn with turntables and a couple of records and lots of alone hours of practice.

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 2:26 am
Well, I'm certainly not against simply practicing, but want to know what to practice. Right now, I have all the tools to fix a car, but don't know what an 8 cylinder is vs. a 6 cylinder. Know what I mean?

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 2:43 am
alot of thoose scracthes aren't going to be able to be pulled out with such a small dial. You could do a couple simple cuts, but for the most part its going to sound sloopy. I want to suggest something as simple as a xp10, but its hard for me to do so because I've never used one. But atleast the dial is a decent size. You could always get one turntable.

As far as if I know the scratch your describing...no, post a sample clip if you have one.

Posted Tue 16 Jan 07 @ 3:52 am
54%