Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: lifetime updates...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

once you purchase this program are the updates free for life...?...?

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 12:32 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 12:45 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That depends, if you've signed up to be frozen upon death and later resurrected when technology permits it then the answer is probably no,
But if your as lucky as me you might get free updates for sometime to come, I've been using Virtual DJ for 3 years and all updates have been free, in fact all updates have been free since the beginning.

We've recently been informed that Virtual DJ 4 will be a free update to all existing customers of Virtual DJ Pro, and an educated guess of ours tells us that Virtual DJ 4s price will increase inline with its new value, the time to buy is now my friend, you can write it down...

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 12:47 am
You were quicker apopsis :)

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 12:48 am
thanx for the replies... but what I mean is... if I pay the money now say, will all future updates be free or is it everytime it increases in release eg VDJ2 --> VDJ3 etc...?

the reason Im asking I have a BCD2000 and I hear the next version will have support and I am fully willing to buy, but obviously, I need to know what sorta support there will be and how long the product will last me before I need to pay more money...

again, thanx in advance...!

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 12:52 am
The next update is Version 4 and due out soon, that version is FREE to ALL existing PRO edition users :), no one here can garuntee whether updates beyond that will be free, but as I said, updates throughout the whole company histroy have been FREE! That's a great record and I imagine if they are smart they will want to keep it up ;)

Please also note that Virtual DJs price is most probably subject to increase once version 4 is released, so invest now and benefit from a lower price.

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 12:57 am
cool... next question... I notice in the purchase section theres VDJ and VDJ Pro... whats the difference...?

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 1:03 am
VDJ and VDJ Pro are both the same product, they are just packaged differently, the Instant internet download is the cheapest and by far the most convenient way of obtaining the program, it also gives you exactly the same benefits as you'd have if you bought a boxed version.

People used to make reference to just "Virtual DJ" but since the wording "Virtual DJ Pro" appeared on the purchase page most people now quote from that although ironically most people here actually own "Virtual DJ" (the non boxed version). One difference some might pull me up on is that the boxed version is said to come with "Gold support", but exactly how Gold support is delievered is not known or defined anywhere, any user of VDJ will tell you that E-support is second to none, Brilliant.

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 1:09 am
rightio...! sorry for all these questions... Im a skint student and need to know the mula's going in the right place... has it defo been comfirmed that the next VDJ will fully support the BCD2000...? jog wheels the works...?

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 1:15 am
yes;) BCD2000 supported nativly in next release ;)

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 1:26 am
Yes the BCD2000 will be supported very soon :), the idea of buying VDJ now is so you get this function without paying extra, so your hard-end cash isn't going to waste.

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 1:26 am
sorry... when you say native, does that mean when I plug the BCD in thru the USB it'll run the same way as the BCD's own software, eg earphones working for queing up etc...?

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 1:35 am
Yes it means support is inbuilt and therfore fully functional :).

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 1:38 am
yes, for the moment you can work with the bcd2000 and vdj , but you need the midi translator.

Posted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 2:53 am
Ooooh, it's exciting to read this thread! I am a proud backorder owner :-) of a BCD2000. I expect it in about a week, but it's not certain at all. :-(

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 11:30 am
Bagpuss wrote :
VDJ and VDJ Pro are both the same product, they are just packaged differently, the Instant internet download is the cheapest and by far the most convenient way of obtaining the program, it also gives you exactly the same benefits as you'd have if you bought a boxed version.

People used to make reference to just "Virtual DJ" but since the wording "Virtual DJ Pro" appeared on the purchase page most people now quote from that although ironically most people here actually own "Virtual DJ" (the non boxed version). One difference some might pull me up on is that the boxed version is said to come with "Gold support", but exactly how Gold support is delievered is not known or defined anywhere, any user of VDJ will tell you that E-support is second to none, Brilliant.

Very true, I bought it and the receipt says this:

Quote :
Electronic Software Download
Professional edition

Notice Professional!

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 12:02 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Welcome as a Pro Member Gargantula.

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 12:06 pm
Yeah, I gave in. Haha.

The developers of Virtual DJ deserve it for their hard work before, now and in the future! I've compared many DJ Programs and this program won! You get a Virtual Trophy (Version 1.0). :-)

I bought it right before Version 4.0 comes out tomorrow. Phew! That was close! :-)

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 4:06 pm
hehe ;) welcome as a new member ;) u wont regret that ;)

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 4:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)