Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VDJ Skin Maker - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am currently working on a Visual Basic 6 Application to help aide in the XML Part of making the skins for VDJ. I started it this week and am doing it in my spare time. It won't be ready for testing till next week sometime, as I am on my to Chicago till sunday and I won't have time to finish it this week.

If anyone would like to help, email me and I will tell you what parts I need help with.

-DJ D JaK

Posted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 8:42 pm
Sounds GREAT!!!!!

Fruit & Speedland would be the ones you could as for help :)

Posted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 8:52 pm
I will help out :)

Posted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 10:13 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Me too if needed.

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 9:44 am
"...email me and I will tell you what parts I need help with...."

Think he wants you all (Fruit, Speedland,Walker) to email him, so he can tell you what parts he need help on :)

Would love to see this app finished ;)

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 11:33 am
For the moment we cannot know his email cause he didn't fill the profile. But, vbjack can email us cause we did fill our profiles...

Regards

FRUiT94

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 12:29 pm
sorry, I though i put my email in my profile. I will email everyone and if you have Visual Basic 5 or 6 I can send you the source code I have started with. As I said I am leaving for chicago tomorrow and I will be gone till sunday. But when I get back I will put all my time into finishing this app.

I just want to finsh writing up how the app is going to work then I will email that and source code to everyone.

-JaK

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 4:51 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Great!! Hope this app will save us a lot of time writting the xml code!! ;)

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 5:57 pm
me too :)
would result in many new great skins I think....
cause the tricky/boring part, is the XML code..LOL :)

Designing is pure fun! :)

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 6:22 pm
I have very limited knowledges in Visual...

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 6:54 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That's very kind of you vbjack.
You're very kind to help others.

Clax

Posted Tue 29 Jun 04 @ 10:43 am
Update on Progress

So far I have most of the difficult stuff out of the way (most of the code) - I am still working on the UI as there are a lot of properties for the different elements and as I see a lot of them are optional but that is the keyword (Optional) so they must be included for this app to be worth it. I am looking at tomorrow being able to push out a Beta version of the software so I can find any bugs there may be. If anyone is interested in helping out with that part of the development please let me know.

Thanks

-JaK

Posted Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 3:14 pm
hi vbjack....

i'm in the middle of finishing 2 skins... so i would be pleased to help you with beta test...

mail/msn at my profile...

dj in norway

Posted Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 3:21 pm
i'll do some beta testing if u'd like
email in profile

Posted Fri 02 Jul 04 @ 9:06 am
dj smokey ... first u have to make a profile ;) lol...
---->>"modify my details" above

;)

Posted Fri 02 Jul 04 @ 9:17 am
Update

The Skin Maker Application Is almost Finished. I had a few issues working out and keeping track of the sub elements for buttons/sliders/ etc.. in the application. And Also Displaying and updating the XML code in real time. I am still having some issues with the XML Code and may decide to remove the XML editor until I resolve this issue.

I also decided to go with a more user friendly layout for the application which resulted in the delay. I hope to have the beta version finished either later today (7/7) or tomorrow. I will keep everyone posted and I will provide a web site where the application can be downloaded from if you would like to Beta Test the Skin Maker App.

-JaK

Posted Wed 07 Jul 04 @ 6:45 pm
GwennPRO InfinityMember since 2003
vbjack : thanks, I can beta test your soft.

All functions aren't not in the skin documentation page, if you need more info, you can contact me.

Gwenn

Posted Wed 07 Jul 04 @ 7:31 pm
I didnt spot this before when I made my recent post...this really is good...I have limited VB knowledge from my coursework at college (version 6) and what I've messed about with in the house...but I'm happy to help out in anyway I can, testing or whatever.

Really is awfully decent of you Jak...this will benefit a lot of users.

Cheers,
Ross.

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 10:58 pm
I posted a screen shot of the application as it is now.

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 11:22 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Wow this is way cool :)

Posted Fri 09 Jul 04 @ 5:21 am
18%