Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Database Corrupted

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

paulqikPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I let my kid use my laptop and she moved some files around . She tried tranfering files to her MP3 player using musicmatch. She used virtual dj to create a playlist and then move the playlist from there to musicmatch . then to her MP3 I guess. the next time I opened virtualDJ , it read "your internal database has been corrupted". now what the hell does that mean happened? How do I fix my problem? Please help

Posted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 8:21 pm
You can salvage the database file most likely, but it might be a bit of a pain... You can open up the xml database file with a text editor, like notepad, and look at what it contains... You might want to create a fresh database file -- you can do this by changing the name of the old one, then start up VDJ and create a shortcut or leave a comment on a file, and a new database file will be created that is formatted correctly. You can then compare this fresh working database file to the old, corrupted one, and try to figure out what's different. This can be time-consuming and difficult if the file is very large. One of the moderators might be able to help you out with this... Maybe your daughter moved files around so that the ones referenced by the database are no longer where the file is expecting to see them? Anyway, if you can salvage the file make sure to make a backup, and keep making backups periodically in the future -- put them in a folder called "backup", or something like that... Search old threads on this topic for more info!

Posted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 10:38 pm
My database did that - just re-analyse the songs - though it can take DAYS! Make sure that you have the following:

Enough electricity in your meter (if it isn't a quarterly one);

Computer is left plugged in at all times, and in a socket you aren't likely to need for the hoover or something;

It can be best done during a time when you are watching telly, or when you are gouing out for a long time - just don't let anybody near the computer while it's doing this, as it slows it down even more. It can be left in overnight - it's a time-consuming process, depending on how many songs you have in there. You can do it one album at a time - but even that can take some time, depending on how many songs you've put in the album.

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 11:17 am
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The only way I was able to eliminate this problem was a full reload.

What happened was I was moving files to a new version of VDJ and tampering with the database is what can do this.

Simple cut and pasting to ad the list to the new version. It was the outdated version that suffered from this and came up currupted.

The database is only of value to VDJ and does not contain the actual tunes ... it's all shortcuts.

I'm curious if your daughter was successful?

Posted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 6:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)