Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Price on VDJ 4.0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey everybody, I know the staff have told us not to ask questions about VDJ 4.0, but there is something I would like to know to help me choose to buy it.
I currently want to buy it and at the moment VDJ is at a good price. When VDJ 4.0 come out the prive will more than likely go up and I'm just wondering if it does, by how much.

Also woudl it be better to buy VDJ now or wait till 4.0 comes out?

If you can't answer these Q's, thats alright, I just posted this to see if I can get the info.

Thanks

Phatt B

Posted Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 3:52 am
I'd buy it now (in fact I did not so long ago). VDJ 3.4 is still miles ahead of the competition so the earlier you buy it, the quicker you can get mixing. Also the v4 update will be a free upgrade to existing users so better take advantage of the special web offer while it's available. No one apart from Atomix can say for sure about any changes in price, but I don't think they'll make any comment on it.

Posted Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 3:56 am
So like Andrew87 already said: There are only two things known for sure:
- The current pricing
- The ugrade for professional users from 3.4 to 4.0 will be free

Like you said the current pricing is good, so you could buy now. If you wait the price may go up.
Ewout

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 12:49 pm
Yes the price could be a little higher in v. 4 and I don't know if future users will have the free update, so you should take the advantage of this fantastic software now , regards.

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 5:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes buy now for free update:)

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 11:02 pm
lol :)

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 11:05 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
yes don't worry unlike the xp to vista switch ..there will be no more money spent so it's safe to buy now and avoid a price hike (if there is one)

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 1:39 am
THIS IS LAME!

I've got the credit card ready, but I won't upgrade to VDJ 3.4 unless I know if there will be a Mac version.

Everyone knows that Numark Virtual Vinyl will have a Mac version and that the software used for that is VDJ, so how LAME is it that no one from the Atomix/VDJ camp can confirm or deny a Mac release?!

Us Mac users aren't asking for a release date, we just want to know whether to invest in 3.4 now and continue to use win xp via Boot Camp on our Macs just until 3.4 arrives. That's ok.

One thing that will NOT happen though, is that we will NOT tolerate being forced to use windows and being subjected to the problems that come with it, which is why we switched to Mac to begin with.

If there isn't a Mac version of VDJ 3.4 coming out, then we'll just buy Numark Virtual Vinyl. We know that either way Atomix gets paid, but I suspect Atomix probably gets more of the profit when they sell their own product,

It's the lack of consideration on such a simple matter that is really making Atomix look bad here.

Great product + Bad communication = customer distrust, dissatisfaction, and a search for alternatives. THAT is exactly why I dumped NI Final Scratch 2, because of their lack of communication and inability to ship on time.

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 1:51 am
what???

Its been posted here a LONG time ago!;) hehe

but to make it clear : THERE WILL BE A MAC VERSION OF VDJ

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 2:05 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
what???

Its been posted here a LONG time ago!;) hehe

but to make it clear : THERE WILL BE A MAC VERSION OF VDJ

HOLD ON!!!

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!!

Please tell me that you are!!!

I know that you were joking about it being "posted here a LONG time ago!;) hehe", but...

CAN YOU [PLEASE] RE-CONFIRM THAT THERE WILL BE A MAC VERSION OF VDJ 3.4 [or 4.0] SO I CAN UPGRADE FROM VDJ 3.4 Console Edition RIGHT NOW?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 3:23 am
I don't think a support team member lies :)

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 3:56 am
AlbertoCastillo wrote :
I don't think a support team member lies :)

Hehe. True.

I'm just so happy that... I pooped my pants!!!

j/k... it was just a lil' fart.

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 4:04 am
DJ bladHome userMember since 2006
to many members.. vip.. bla bla :)

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 2:11 pm
@phatt B
Welcome to our comunnity as a full member.

@DJ blad
you should buy the pro version before version 4 comes...

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 6:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)