Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual dj backspins whenever it wants.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been having problems with my virtual dj & dac 3 setup.

In the middle of a song, it just backspins by itself... it happens like 3 times a night... pretty embarrasing to have a bride & groom's first dance backspin... hasn't happened yet, but it will If I don't fix this...

i'm not hitting any buttons, it's just doing it on it's own...

also, I'm getting snippets of the previously played song on the front end of my new song... let's say I'm playing elvis and then I load acdc when I hit play, I get 2 seconds of elvis, then ACDC kicks in... why?

this system has been perfect for 2 years, but ever since I went to 3.4, these two problems popped up..

any suggestions?

-Steve

Posted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 8:57 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
do you have the backspin plug-in as one of the 3 you have listed effects? what would happen if you select a different effect in place of the backspin, would that effect trigger automaticly? Does it happen on both decks? What setup are you using?(hardware)?

Posted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 9:12 pm
Same thing happened to me, and the reason is I was using effects, most of the time the EQ, and it is a bug they haven't fix yet, someone of the support team told me it was a glitch of the one that made that plug in, so I recomend not to mix or hit play on the deks if you have an effect turn on.

Hope this helps !!!

Posted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 9:13 pm
Steve, this is really bad. This is the ghost from another DJ, that is trying to get back. He is right beside you, and does the back spin, to get your attention. This is very bad juju. You will need a Priest that is pure (good luck with that), holy water, another computer, and a large caliber hand gun. The next time you hear a backspin, have the Priest (who is pure), sprinkle the holy water on the computer. The DJ spirit will jump to the other computer. Now you have to be fast. As soon as this happens, pump 2 shots into the processor, and 1 into the hard drive. The problem is you will have to do this while you are doing a wedding. If this doesn\'t work, hopefully you can laugh at this post. I had a good laugh just typing it.

Posted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 10:36 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Lol

I love your humour A Man and His Music!!! :)

Posted Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 1:12 am
I've had this problem also. I don't have any effects active when it does it. Sometimes I'm not even mixing, it will be on shuffle play or something.

Posted Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 1:37 am
my setup is an hp pavillion laptop athlon 64 3200+ with 1 gig ram and 100 gig hard drive. external 500 gig WD hard drive, Dac 3 and win xp pro sp2

yes it's one of my selected effects...

I think it happens on both decks, however, I'm usually playing in the right deck between karaoke singers.

I think it's happened in the left while djing though..

is there a way to disable effects all together, or a way to make a blank effect to take up the place of an actual effect?

it's just been making me worried lately...

-Steve

Posted Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 6:51 am
Last Friday I had also something weird with the effects, but not the same as already described. I was spinning a track (left deck), loaded another one on the other deck (right deck). It was already loaded completely, when I started the brake effect (on deck a). During the slow down of deck a I started (play) deck B. Deck started, but when deck a was ending its brake, deck b stopped playing also -> silence. After I hit play again deck B started from its cue point again.
Ewout

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 12:57 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes you can avoid VirtualDJ to load effects: (All versions)

1) Verify VirtualDJ is closed
2) Go to the Windows registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\VirtualDJ
OR HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\SOFTWARE\\VirtualDJ if you use the multi-users option in VDJ
3) Modify the 6 REG_SZ "effect_i" and let the field blank
OR directly remove the 6 keys
4) Start VirtualDJ

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 1:37 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have also had the phantom backspin problem though very rarely, maybe once in every 30 hours of use.

The first couple times I thought that perhaps it was one of midi MIDI controls inadvertantly mapped to the effect bank that I have backspin placed in, but I have since removed my MIDI controllers and have still had the problem.
Now I suspect the HDJ MKII and/or maybe its mapper because I have only had the problem since upgrading to the MKII and using its mapper. Can someone who has had the problem confirm that they don't use the HDJ MKII nor the mapper, so I can stop suspecting those?
The only other pattern that I have noticed is that it has occurred within 1 or 2 songs of using the backspin effect. I have recently stopped using the backspin effect to see if that helps and so far it has, but I haven't stopped for long enough to know if the problem is fixed. Backspin is still in effect bank #2 though.

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 4:25 pm
My brake effect that occassionally triggers by itself is in bank #2 too, which is a bit of a co-incidence.

The problem is definitely not caused by mappers, etc. because I have had this happen in the past prior to getting a DAC-3 when I was using XP10's only and then XP10's+TCV.

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 7:09 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for the info jpboggis. So that exhonerates the mapper and the HDJC, but appears to implicate bank #2. Anyone seen this happen in a different bank?

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 8:07 pm
yep... bank #2... hmmmm......

interesting.....

-Steve

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 12:09 am
I too have had the problem of plugins activating themselves although I am not pushing any buttons or anything. In order to fix this, I usually do not load up any plugins at all. If I do, I have plugins that wont kill the music if they activate themselves without me doing anything. Backspin and brake are examples of exactly what kind of plugins not to use.

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 12:11 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
As i can't reproduce this problem (it's only with the turntable effect TTS for me and sure this one has a bug) and i use vdj since a long time now ;-) . If someone could ONLY load the backspin effect in one slot for each deck (so let the others free, see the tip above) and see if the problem appears again

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 6:16 pm
Anybody figure out how to fix this problem yet?

My backspin happens to be in bank #2 as well. Last night, I used virtualdj for 7 hours straight, did not touch any of the effect buttons and had no problems. But, i love using those effects so I'd like to see this get fixed. This only started happening since I upgraded to the latest version...is there any way to go back to the previous version (3.3?) ?

Posted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 6:51 pm
My backspin is in bank 3, and I have never experienced this problem. I do not use TCV or TCCD.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 2:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)