Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: radio/clean edit plugin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
is it possible to make a plugin where you could listen to a song and mark points where you would want to take out the profanity?? it would be like an auto version of the reverse plugin but you would determine where and how long it would be on for. The cue points should be saved to a file so you could just turn on your edits when you wish.

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 7:22 pm
Good idea, its possible with DjCels amazing CueEvent plugin:)

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 8:29 pm
yeah i know of the cue event plugin but perhaps making something that combines the 2 or making a more specified plugin, i have only tried the cue event once so i'm not totally sure how wel it would work with this idea, plus reverse does not have any set time amounts, it play backwards until you release the button, what this would need is to be able to set it for certain amount of time or beats as well as set with cue events.

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 8:58 pm
you are right....
maybe Dj cel can make a special version for removing profanity

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 9:28 pm
Alternatively, don't play anything with obscene lyrics in it at all - a bit difficult, with most of today's music!

Mind you, sometimes, some artistes make "radio edit" versions - with obscenities bleeped out, overdubbed or played backwards.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 10:47 am
authur, it would be used when you dont have a radio edit and you needed to play a song that might be requested. A lot of older songs dont have radio edits or are harder to obtain so this would be an easier alternative.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 2:32 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
very great idea listen2

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 2:07 am
gsoloHome userMember since 2006
To edit an MP3 I use a program called GOLDWAVE you can download an evaluation copy here http://www.goldwave.com/.
All I do is just reverse the Obscenities and save.

Good Luck
DJ G

Posted Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 6:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)