Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Question From Potential Buyer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MannasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm thinking of buying Virtual Dj next week when I get paid. I was wondering something though. I have a laptop and a desktop too. I would like to have the software on both computers so that I could use my desktop that is more powerful at home and possibly the laptop for gigs. Would this be possible if I buy the software to install it on 2 computers that are mine legally?

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 10:07 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes, it is possible as far as you are the only who use computers.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 10:33 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Yes, this is completely possible.

A VDJ Licensed User (you'll be next week if you buy the software) can install the software on all computer that he ownes.

All you will need is to transfer the VDJ Install file to your desktop or laptop and then install it.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 10:35 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
LOL, good question, as far as I remember, you had the chance to install your copy on a personal license basis, but just after I replied to you saying that you could (I had to delete it) I saw the EULA, and webmasters have changed it since my register... maybe preparing to v4.0.

The fact is that, from my read... I understand that "NO", you can not install it on several computers if you don't have multiple license registered.

Seems like I also have the doubt too. :P

Alejandro

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 10:41 pm
Reading the EULA, I know have a doubt too.

Wait for the team to answer your question.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 10:52 pm
Ok. So how does that work if it's updated to a better version after I buy the version that's out now. If I buy it next week and version 4 comes out, do I have to pay to upgrade to version 4 or would this be the updates that are included for licensed users?

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 10:54 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Updates and new versions (like 4.0 which is coming) are free for licenced users. You will be informed when updates are ready for download.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 11:32 pm
upgrade will likely be for free, as all the updates in the past, what I think will happen, is that all the existing users will have to accept the new EULA before upgrading to v4.0.

it's just my impression.

Happy Djing

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 11:48 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Guys...where is the EULA again?

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 12:15 am
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 12:29 am
VirtualDJ Software End User License Agreement
(2001-11-30)

Hmmm. If this date is correct, we have been told we're allowed to perform actions which are directly against the EULA, meh.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 12:32 am
So we can't copy the software to another machine unless we 'buy' it again, specifically for another machine?

P

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 12:36 am
Hey...that's true Andrew87...what's with that?

We've been told (and have told others) that they can copy from one pc to another...

???

P

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 12:38 am
Correct, according to the EULA "A license for the Software may not be shared or used concurrently on different computers."

Although it does say 2001, perhaps things have changed but a formal revised Eula has never been put into place. If we really want to be fussy, the software we're using is Virtual DJ not VirtualDJ, I guess that's another thing up for revision with the user guide.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 12:38 am
as joke, a thing I never understood from Virtual DJ EULA, 3.d License restrictions says: "You may not sell, rent, lease, transfer or sublicense hardware on which the Software was previously installed, without the written agreement of Atomix".

S**t, I'll have to stop giving my old computers to my sister even if I uninstall, format, reformat, brush, use some windex and wipe the HD. :P

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 12:57 am
The team hasn't yet decided whether VDJ 4 upgrade for VDJ 3.x users will be free or not.
Please do not make any speculations on the price untill public announcement from the team.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 1:03 am
They haven't?! I only bought VDJ 3.x because I've read staff say that it and all future updates will be free. Otherwise I would have waited until 4 was released.. I thought I better take advantage of the seemingly unlimited limited special offer price because I was sure it will be increase when Virtual DJ 4 comes out. False advertising..

*pools resources of every screenshot stating free upgrade onto external server* I really miss MSN's sarcastic emoticon.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 1:12 am
I got an answer from Support. They said I would be able to have it on 2 computers AS LONG AS I'm the licensed user on both which is the case. They also said again that updates are free now. In the future may be different but as of now would be free updates.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 6:43 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Mannas, you have a Virtual DJ licence?, if so please enter your serial number into your profile.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 5:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)