Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Tip: Smart Cue with TCCD (Virtualdj3.4) - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

and what's the way you save cues in vdj in order that cd players recognize those cue points? I just burned 3 cd tracks (0:00,1:30, and 3:00) and I can't find the way to do this. should I reduce the volume of the mp3 file? cause signal is too high even though gain is "0".

Posted Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 8:03 pm
for looping to work on the CDplayer, you have to turn ANTI SKIP off, or VDJ will try to correct the "skip" (loop).

Anti-skip is really for turntable use.

Then turning off that feature, you can press start loop and end loop on the cdplayer, and even trim it if needed.

One feature that might not work, is the 1-2-4-8 beat loop buttons on Pioneer decks (not tested it), because the timecode itself does not have beats, only timestamps. But the Pioneer decks also have a start and end loop button, so you can set the loop manually.

And you can of course use the automatic beat loop in VirtualDJ too, using keyboard/mouse or external controller, even if you are using timecode to controll software.

:)

Posted Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 8:09 pm
@manquindvj
please refer back to the original explanation. I will give a summary.
- Create the cd according to way described earlier in this thread
- Setup the timecode signal properly within the timecode config: If the volume is too hard, set it correct here.
- Create cue points within VDJ like you normally do, for example 3 cue points.
- Now if you cue the first track in your cd player and play it, vdj will follow and play the track with the cue points
- If you move over to the second track on the cd player and play it, vdj will go to the second cue and play from there. The same for the third track (will start 3rd cue point)

@dj-in-norway
The pioneer players will not resolve a beat on the timecode signal. Therfore the autobeat on the pios not work. I dont know if those players have a "beat tap" button. With this button (found on Denon and Numark players) you could tap the beat yourself. After that it probably will work
Ewout

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 12:06 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
It is like Ewout said, only that the cue circle usually starts from cue 2 and not from the first cue. This is something i have reported to dev team.
Now about loops from cd, loop in and out works but autobeat functions are based on the audio cd track tempo (like vdj internal loops) As we have the timecode on cd and timecode has no tempo, as you know.., this will not work.
The pioneer cmx5000 i use sometimes measures the timecode tempo as 145 bpm...
Anyway smart cue is an add-on function unique to virtual dj as far i know.
You can always set loops and cues by shortcuts, smart cue is just another way.

Anyone tried with hot cues instead cd-tracks ?
Must be much easier and quicker, (changing cd track need some time)
I dont have availiable a cdj-1000 or simillar deck with hot cues to test at the moment.

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 6:55 pm
Coming week I planned to do some testing with the 3.4 timecode improvements. I will create some cds with multiple tracks like described. I also test hot cues on a Denon 1000.
Lately I had lot of gigs so my players stayed in the truck. This weekend I took 1 out to play with at home. I will report my experiences.
Ewout

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 9:57 pm
Before i burned my timecode cd's i tested using another laptop+vdj as timecode source instead of a cd player. This allowed me to find the best points on timecode.
The thing is it worked perfectly, accurate and without delay. Must be the same with a good cd player with hot cues.

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 10:07 pm
this weekend I found 3 ways to use cue points on my denon player:

1st - Quick Buttons
setup quick jump buttons to jump +-1 min
->result:
quick jump is setup to to play next/Last cue point

2nd - A1/A2
playing the tccd and setting A1 after 1 min and A2 after 3min
->result:
-if A1/B1 are setup like hot start: play next/last cue
-if A1/B1 are setup like str: pause next/last cue

3st - 3 TCCD Tracks
Burn 3 tracks with burning soft like nero, save audio cd (wav format) and enable without pause after each track. switching track and playing song
->result:
Play next/Last cue

hop this help

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 12:25 am
Nice !

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 12:35 am
well, I guess this way to work with cues is only for denon players since I checked with pyle pro and still have the same results (play-pause), using 3 tracks.

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 7:44 pm
now my pyle pro cd players are working, the problem was the signal it was too loud and I had 0% signal although it worked. The only matter was that cue function didn't recognize this in vdj , but I followed your recomendations and set the volume of the tracks -12 db and everything is working fine, 100% signal, cues working with cd track 2 & 3 , thanks a lot.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 5:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)